Master of Orion Diplogame Sign-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of Orion Diplogame Sign-up

There has been some interest in a space based diplogame, but it never really went anywhere.

I am willing to get this thing going. I will host and develop a rule set. This will be played in the pitboss format. The diplogame concept will also be applied (ie. stories, diplomacy, an independent scoring system, etc...). Some aspects will be changed from classic diplogaming however (to be announced).

Here is a link to the MOO2 Civ4 MOD we would be using. It has been proven to be multiplayer stable and compatible with the latest version of BtS.

However, before I put too much time and effort into this, I want to establish the player base to ensure we have enough for an interesting game.

Please post below if you are interested. I am thinking a minimum of 7 players would be needed.

If this was done sooner I'd be all for it but 2 games at a time is my limit.

Comment

Yes, DoC probably has most of those intested in diplo style games, which means finding players for this will probably be a challenge.

One option would be to make the "less human" races AI controled, like the Klacktons, Meklar, Silicoids, etc... I doubt a race of rocks, or ants with a hive mentality would have much to say diplomacy wise anyway.

If we did it this way, we could probably run with 4-5 players.

Comment

But the races of rock or ant colonies would be fun for story purposes.

In any case consider me in, can't wait.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Ok, 2 players so far...

Comment

Sorry Pinchak, I would have loved to but 2 pitboss and a couple of smac pbems are already over my limit.
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

Working...
            X