The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:-)
    Last edited by Native America (DoC); August 18, 2009, 21:54.
    I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

Salutations.

Comment

Access Gmail Diplo Accounts

Are we using gmail accounts ?

Update >>. Ah I see not from reading the prior threads - too bad.

But you're welcome to send Saladin missives via camel mail by using: arabia_doc@cogeco.ca
        Last edited by Arabia (DoC); August 18, 2009, 23:01.

Comment

The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Arabia; please just use the Apolyton PM system. Otherwise other players also have to register an anonymous mail account.

Pinchak has pm'ed me that he is abandoning this game. He dislikes the rules and thinks it's too complex. I'm not going to try to convince him to stay with us.

So we need a new player.
            Ozzy, I'm going to let you find out which civ Pinchak was. Can you sub for him for the time being?

Everyone: please look around for a perm player! It would be cool if we can find someone before turn 2 starts!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

The login information is confusing, it must be cleared up. In the first post it's written in 3 different ways and none of them correct actually .

The correct form,
              login: plomp.eu:2062
              pw: checkyourname

edit by RP: the real correct form

edit by mz; both anonymous.plomp.eu:2062 and the one w/o anonymous is working
              Last edited by mzprox; August 19, 2009, 03:09.

Comment

I'm sorry, I forgot that I placed it also outside the iframe. I've removed 1 (incorrect) instance. The 2nd one was ok. I've edited your post to reflect that correct version

Comment

ok looks like good luck , my computer is back, now whic hversion of civ we running what is the latest patch?
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Welcome back!!
                    You made it in time since the first turn isn't even over yet!

civ4:beyond the sword, patch 3.19
                    I've updated the first post with this info.

Comment

ok and link to the civ picker site for getting my pasword for civ sign in ?
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Comment

Any luck finding a new player yet?

Comment

Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Since we have more than one month till the first vote and untill the techtrade becomes avaible (someone needs to invent alphabet first) I think we should keep the discussion and suggestions open in these matters because I'm not entirely satisfied with the current state of rules
                              And no I dont really have better ideas, so if they stay as they are , fine.. but maybe we can make them better.

Here are some of my concerns:
                              As some others had suggested already I dont think that we should separate the diplo and story category. We could have a single score for them and increase it's value.
                              My reasoning:
                              -The most important one: it could make the vote more easier and more fair ( in my view) It would be up to the players to decide who they reward with their points and why: did they make nice pictures, did they accomplish something either with diplo or military means. Sometimes it's just hard to give a diplo score to someone who hasnt posted any diplo related stuff in the month, (they still could had been very active in diplo via pm-s, but if no post about it most of us wont know about it). So players could post long text stories, newspapers, youtube videos, comics, diplo letters, military maps etc.. -the main thing is to post something (if you want points)- and then it's up to the other players to decide how they liked those.
                              -Sometimes it's just hard to separate these things, different players have different preferences. I dont really write stories but many public letters-they could fall into the diplo category but actually I tell stories with them too.

The fair paly vote sounds odd to me.. I dont really understand how it will work except when we use it as a tool of punishment.

About tech-trade

- I think vouchers should be tradeable as they were in btp- maybe we could ad an extra thing: voucher can only be given away if it's used up in the same trade.
                              For those who not really familiar with the voucher system in BtP: it allowed less advanced civs to get tech gifts from the more advanced ones for their vouchers.
                              example: I'm being a poor and backward civ, but have a voucher. I give that to my strong ally who can use up that voucher and give me a tech gift, or sell me for a reasonable money- So for the advanced civ this trade would cost nothing.

I think it's ok to have less vouchers than we had in btp. I'de really like to have something like this: we start with 3-5 and then get extra 2 in every era. With this we could avoid that some civs waste their vouchers for techs like fishing or some player get too much ahead of others by excessive techtrading. Ofc we should have to keep track of the tech eras but we have to do that anyway for the 8b rule..
                              ..which leads to next point..
                              We have to brainstorm about how we want to make that system work (ie. allowing tech trade from two eras before the 4 most advanced civs' current tech level). I'd rather not report when i advanced into the next era-and i may forget it involuntarily etc.

hmm i finish for now before it gets even longer

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post

Pinchak has pm'ed me that he is abandoning this game. He dislikes the rules and thinks it's too complex. I'm not going to try to convince him to stay with us.
                                Too complex? How so? Connect to plomp.eu:2062, pick civ, enter password, play turn. Wasn't very complicated at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X