No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howver it was pointelss doing anything once the war was lost , partly caused by the persians.

Compensating an ally that was not involved in the war because you lost the war is pointless?

However you werent the first to let India know of planned attack !!!

Tell me more tell me more!!
    Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
      St Jon, which of the 4 big nations did actually in the end compensate the Incas for their losses in the great war?
      None. It did not matter anyway that late in the game.

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
      Game was over before anyone had time to repay him, but since most of his losses were caused by Persians back stabbing perhaps it is hte character of their leader that shoudl repay john

Persia never back-stapped Inca! Persia tried to help the MAD Alliance but Russia interfered by its' attack on Persia.

I did the best I could in DotC but the MAD Alliance was a route out of an otherwise impossible position. It was not the best route, for Inca, as Korea and Egypt were easy prey and Byzantium was the better target for an allied attack. It is all history now but I think it was a very good Diplo-War as it shows how in Diplo you can mirror what smaller nations have to try to do or face being marginalised. It failed but it was fun.

I should have been a bastard - I shall know next time.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

• [action=Persia (DoC)]waves at 1000 gold he wasted in vain when he needed it the most[/action]
        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
          Anyway, it has at last been shown that the 'vets' are not the one that always win or lead the game.
          - The Priest one BtS and 2nd (in score) in DoC
          - mzprox wins DoC

In fact the only question that remains is: when will a vet win a pitboss diplo game

My applause goes to players who weren't among the top-civs but kept on playing and rating through the entire game! That's really amazing. I hope that all of you have very good starts in the next game! You deserve it! Thanks for your participation there.

Games like this can only be a success if there are players who are willing to lose till the end.
          I hope you guys had fun nonetheless, and many of you already expressed that!
          Robert, there must be some mistake. According to Raz, only vets win these games

Comment

• It was not Ras who claimed that initially
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by deity View Post
              So bamf226 was my old Celt buddy from Btp!! Hi ya!! You played pretty good here I think and are developing well.
              Thanks deity. I appreciate the compliment. As you can see I'm still helping the winner. If you want to win, get placed next to me and be nice. As with the last game, I wasn't big on war. Although I did consider invading India early, by the time I started to build up an army, he vaulted up the power rankings and I held back having missed my chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                howver it was pointelss doing anything once the war was lost , partly caused by the persians.

Compensating an ally that was not involved in the war because you lost the war is pointless?

However you werent the first to let India know of planned attack !!!

Tell me more tell me more!!
                The game was over so pointless in doing anything, no idea why you continued to play....

I have PMs that reveal much, but seeing no one esle is being open i gues i will hold back on that.
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by bamf226 View Post
                  Robert, there must be some mistake. According to Raz, only vets win these games
                  not my claim..

I dont even know who the vets are.

Is a Vet someone who played Diplo in the early days ? damn that is me, and i never win ...

or is a vet simply someone who wins, in which case i tootaly agree. VETs always win ....

LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                    The game was over so pointless in doing anything, no idea why you continued to play....
                    Because a game must be finished. Especially if you're that close to it.
                    It's a show of sportsmanship. This is both for online and offline games.

For diplo-games this is even more important, because these games are not mainly about competition but about enjoying a game and a story. Finishing the game made it possible for all of us to wrap up our story.

A sport game is not aborted earlier either if one of the teams is having a gigantic lead.
                    But for the record, when Persia gave 1000 gold to the Peruvians (who totally forgot about that, as I already feared since it wasn't mentioned anywhere), the game was far from over for Persia. Russia was building a large army on my border and I had to upgrade my entire old-continent army.

Yet I wanted to fulfil my promise to the Peruvians, and gave them the money. I'm not sure when I did, maybe even before the war with India was over. I had to pay a lot of nations back. Byzantium (2000), England (1000) and Korea (1000). And thus the Peruvians.
                    Not to mention, perhaps India was wrong, maybe he made an error settling his GA's in the wrong city. Maybe the Natives actually did do their April Fool's trick for real. I wanted to continue the game as if I didn't know that the game was ending. If the game would not end, I would not have damaged my relations with the Koreans, English, Byzantine and Peruvians. Oh well, assuming that the latter did not forget that the got a large amount of money from a totally not involved party

Comment

• Today and tomorrow are the last days to cast your votes.

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                      Ok, voting starts now for April!

We vote for the events that happened in April.
                      I'm sure that we can all send in our votes during the next 4 days and not wait to long.
                      Unless someone asks for a delay, voting will end on April 14th.

Vote here: http://www.warner-home.com/docgame/DoC_Vote.html
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Sorry for the delay in voting, had my girlfriend's parents staying over, lots of sightseeing

Comment

• Voted.
                          I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• I play till the game is over well and truly , if i stopped when it was obvious who was winning this game would have ended very early

lets see if anyone learned any thing

Comment

• Did you Raz? As I remember you bailed as soon as the Korean invasion failed. There were still points to be earned and things to accomplish even if a cultural victory was inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                                Because a game must be finished. Especially if you're that close to it.
                                It's a show of sportsmanship. This is both for online and offline games.

For diplo-games this is even more important, because these games are not mainly about competition but about enjoying a game and a story. Finishing the game made it possible for all of us to wrap up our story.

A sport game is not aborted earlier either if one of the teams is having a gigantic lead.
                                But for the record, when Persia gave 1000 gold to the Peruvians (who totally forgot about that, as I already feared since it wasn't mentioned anywhere), the game was far from over for Persia. Russia was building a large army on my border and I had to upgrade my entire old-continent army.

Yet I wanted to fulfil my promise to the Peruvians, and gave them the money. I'm not sure when I did, maybe even before the war with India was over. I had to pay a lot of nations back. Byzantium (2000), England (1000) and Korea (1000). And thus the Peruvians.
                                Not to mention, perhaps India was wrong, maybe he made an error settling his GA's in the wrong city. Maybe the Natives actually did do their April Fool's trick for real. I wanted to continue the game as if I didn't know that the game was ending. If the game would not end, I would not have damaged my relations with the Koreans, English, Byzantine and Peruvians. Oh well, assuming that the latter did not forget that the got a large amount of money from a totally not involved party

You offered 1000g but never paid it. As I said, it did not make any difference to Peru so it does not matter.

BTW. Voted
                                Last edited by St Jon; April 14, 2010, 10:38.
                                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                                - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X