Civ4 BTS LAN uses too much bandwidth and cuts off internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 BTS LAN uses too much bandwidth and cuts off internet

Hi all, Just registered here, been playing Civilization since the first 1 and lately a friend and I have been playing over LAN, while we do this, no other computer on that router can access the internet and we don't know why, this includes the XBox 360 and both wired and wireless connection. If anybody knows what might be causing this I would be extremely interested in finding out.

Also, on an off-topic side note, it took me 20 minutes to sign up for this website because i had to click refresh image on the Captcha in order to find one I could actually read. If any Administrators are reading this, something needs to be done about that. Personally, I recommend ReCaptcha.

Thanks for your time.

Nobody has any suggestions? this is really kind of annoying as it would be nice for people to be able to access the internet while a civ lan game is going on

Comment

What kind of router do you use? D-Link, Netgear, Cisco, etc...?

Edit: It can be any number of things. have you tried Direct IP? I'm not sure if this works with internal ip-adresses, but it works on my network with Pitboss.
      Last edited by Zoid; July 19, 2009, 12:05.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It's a Linksys WRT110 router, so it's a new router, we haven't tried direct ip, maybe we'll give that a try

Comment

Working...
        X