X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting PBEM to Pitboss

Can it be done? If so how?

1. Yes
    2. If you know how to create a new game using Pitboss, then you simply follow those steps until you get the option 'Load Game' instead of creating a 'New Game'. There may be a issue involving a password appearing where there was none before. Just try things like '12345' until you find it, or search Poly, WPC, or CFC for other solutions. If you don't know the process, I again suggest you search the 3 forums as there are many a guide already available.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I think '1234' is the common password that works
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Old thread, but still. Me and friends are playing a PBEM game and we're looking to maybe convert our game to PitBoss. I made a little test and tried what is said in this thread: loading the save game in PitBoss with password '1234'. It worked and was able to connect to my game. I have not tried yet with my friends to see what's happening all connected, but I have 3 questions:

1) Simultaneous turn: Will it be? If not, is there a way to switch from non-simult to simult turns?
        2) E-Mail: At end of turns, will there be e-mails sent to all of us to notify of a new turn is available to play? Do I have to use an external tool like 'email turn notify' ?
        3) Auto-save: What's the frequency of auto-save on PitBoss server? I could setup a scheduled task to copy save game on a file server in case the PitBoss server crash.

Comment

I am not experienced with pitbosses, but from the logic:

1) I think you just have to set this in the pitboss settings.

2) There is in-game option for e-mail notification, but I have heard it is a bit of broken. But you can set-up civstats or playyourturn clients on your pitboss machine.

3) I guess it can be adjusted in the pitboss itself

Comment

I do not know the answer to 1).

2): when starting the pitboss server you can configure out going turn notificatoin e-mails.
            It works perfect, I always use it. Players just must fill out their e-mail address in their in-game settings.

One thing: it only works if the pop3 server will allow the server to send e-mails! So just use the pop3 server of the provider where the pitboss server is hosted. I use my own pop3 server which is located at the same machine as the pitboss. That works even better

3) auto save can be set in the beyondthesword.ini (or something like that). there are some pitboss settings there.

Good luck!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
            X