Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    yes I do

There's a 3rd option: if the master becomes a vassal of a 3rd civ.
    I'm thinking about becoming a vassal of Rome temporarily to free Japan.
    Oh ok. As long as it is confirmed that there is a way to break capitulation I don't see a problem with it being used and think you are probably right.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

BTW Its so awesome to see a world war in a diplo game!

Rome & Allies vs. Eastern Continent vs. Greece & Japan

sure the war in the east ended soon but the Rome vs. Greece struggle was immensley fun to watch.

Also am I the only one who sees similarities between the end of WW1 and the current negotiations between the Souther forces and the Pax Romana? It would be so awesome if Greece somehow managed to rearm itself in 40 or so turns and have someon Hitler-like come to power (and ally with a resurgent Japan and perhaps a powerfull eastern civ like Khmer or maybe a Portugese betrayal of Rome). Those who follow this game could then enjoy a BtP WW2.

It would be pure win and a ton of fun no matter which side wins!
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

The Roman-Greek war was awesome to play.
        Sparta had an advantage b/c of the surprise and shorter supply-lines, Rome had an advantage with bombers.

Unfortunately Rome now built the Internet and has Modern Armors and Mech Infantry.
        We're toast now
        I wish that we could continue the war old-style (ok, with my shiney new anti-aircraft units of course).

Too bad that Portugal betrayed me (and never gave an explanation anywhere)
        I don't see any options to get back on Rome later, he has the internet.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

There are similarites to ww1, for example Germany was not defeated when they made the peace thats why hitler considered that a treachery. unfortunately there is much bigger difference in technology level now between us. When i got controll of Japan my best troops were musketmen (others already had tanks and infantries), i had 100 research/turn at zero balance-by the start of the war i made that to 1000/turn and raised close to 100 battalions so far - cannons and rifles mostly (not counting the around 20 Spartan units i got). Now it's likely i will see them die to modern armors, but at least i had some fun and it's not over yet . I kinda hoped for a more balanced war though, would have been even more fun. (now its the 1st, 6th, 9th, 11th, VS. 5th, 10th ranked civs)
          Last edited by Pitboss Japan; June 6, 2009, 08:27.

Comment

Regarding my playing my turns ... I am currently still playing this game.

I'd appreciate it if you give me at least 24hrs to play my turn rather than knocking me out at the beginning of the timer.

If there is a delay more than that it is because I am extremely busy at work right now and I just don't have time to play every day. Sorry that is the reality of life.

On those days just play my turn to advance it. I seem to be hitting 1 in 2 turns right now.
            Last edited by Pitboss America; June 6, 2009, 08:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Celts View Post
              Is America being played by a different person or just a swap in character leaders?
              Same person Celts ... just when the game went into its normal drama I quit and Robert convinced me to rejoin ... so I came back as a new leader.

Comment

I'd appreciate it if you give me at least 24hrs to play my turn rather than knocking me out at the beginning of the timer.

Nobody is being knocked out at the beginning of the timer, if you were it was a mistake. Did that happen or do you base that post on the post of St Jon?

Comment

I've paused the game. Portugal still did not play and there's only 45 more minutes on the clock.
                  What do we do?

Comment

Let it flip and tough. You wouldn't pause for anyone else.
                    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                    - Anon

Comment

• Yea, I guess lets play. But then what happens with Khmer? Can they play without being accused of doing a double-move? There isn't anything terribly critical going on, so it could be ok.

And actually, since there is only 45 minutes left on the timer, CS, would you mind texting me if you restart it?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Khmer could have played already - way over 6hrs. Celts haven't played either but there'd be no questions being asked about them.
                        - Anon

Comment

• Let's continue.
                          It would be nice if those who know that they cannot play/dont want to play posted here so we dont have to wait for them.

Comment

• St Jon: we don't have the 6-hours rule anymore. We just always wait for the correct turn order.

Celts aren't in a war, otherwise we would wait.
                            I'll start the server now, and txt Ozzy. (if I can find his telephone nr. since I lost all my numbers since I resetted my phone )

Comment

• What! We have at least 6hrs and then the maximum time possible you can wait before playing - as far as I was aware.

None of them have posted a request for a delay. War or not Oldonia would not cause a pause.
                              - Anon

Comment

• Oldonia is not first in the turn order.

Comment

Working...
                                X