Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread VI]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True.

@Ras Rome will win BtP regardless of IG Victory as on that score only Greece is within touching distance. Ozzy does deserve straight 3's for his brilliant plot though!
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• Yea, a well played game overall by Hera/Priest. He definitely deserves the win. I just stole the cherry from the top.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well done Rome for gaining peoples votes consistently.

Congrats to Greeece for trying to catch them.

Shame on everyone else for not doing more to get votes and influence the final scores.
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Quite a number of Subs and also the Powergraph hasn't altered down at the bottom for a long while. It's a bit hard to stay enthusiastic when nothing ever happens and you lack the power to do anything by yourself. Definite baddie for the Meduian bunch with a Mega-Power basically dominating an entire continent for centuries.

We still have guys running around with Riflemen whilst others are turning out new Modern Armour inside 2 Turns. Top to bottom we have a near 3000pt gap!

Score be only 25% Game but power to alter your own destiny is a huge motivator.
          - Anon

Comment

• Of course that's understandable, St Jon.
            If I may advise you (from experience; this is the first diplo game in which my civ doesn't totally suck), try to set small goals for the game, that makes it fun.
            Also try to experiment with weird storylines, that makes it also fun for small civs.

The isolationistic approach (hate all foreigners), the religious zealoat approach (spread your religion anywhere and preach against those who don't follow it), the terroris approach (only focus on espionage, build a large espionage network and start placing bombers all over the world), the far away-invasion approach (build a fleet of 10 ships, fill it with armies, sail to another backwards nation far away and invade it) (even better if combined with an fascist/zealoat attitude).

And there's of course a lot more.
            Take Maya, his New Durango Times made him the news center of the world. civs pm'ed him with requests for news.

That keeps you busy, gives you goals in the game, which is after all the fun!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• You are right Cyber. This is my first Diplo and I was a Sub of a no-hope Civ but at least my no-hopers were where the action was. Russia could never win but she still mattered just because of geography. I could get the Khmer as my friend as I had information they could never get. I could help Rome and get land which would never come from a Russian war alone. It was better for Rome to have an active and friendly Russia so I got help from both sides.

As for weird storylines - I don't think you need worry about me there.
              - Anon

Comment

• Your unsult-approach was certainly entertaining!

Comment

• Regarding plot changes, this game ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Comment

• Glad to see that this game is continuing and it is close to ending. Again sorry for dropping out on you guys like that. Today is the first day i had in some time for myself and thus logged in to poly to check on things. Very unusual to not check the forums at least a coupe of times haha, well things change. Anyway i want to congratulate Priest for his superb game. This was a game dominated by Rome's great game skill, strategy and most importantly Diplomacy.

Also from what i read Ozzy is near or already achieved something brilliant - Well Done Oz. Your tricks are never ending combined with some real brilliance!!!

Also I would like to say one BIG thanks for all the smaller civs that stuck to the end and never gave up: Celts, US, HRE and of course the Natives. One great welcome to the newer players and great addition the the community like Maya and Spain. I also salute the warrior cultures of Russia and Japan.

To the rest and my older diplo buddies Sparta and Metals you have surpassed yourself this time - always a pleasure to play with you two. My immortal rival Deity - sorry the way we departed. One thing counts and that is that at the end of the day we are friends!!!

To Robert (Dutchy):

Please do not spread false rumors.

Working hard and even more harder to try and find space for the next Diplo Pitboss game....
                    Last edited by Toni; July 14, 2009, 14:32.

Comment

• Good to see you still around Toni.

It's not fair to call Russia a Warrior Culture though. We are much maligned philosophers!
                      - Anon

Comment

• Sorry ST Jon,

What i wanted to say is that even with the civ you were given you never backed up against the odds you had against yourself, thus a warrior culture. Always stood your ground even at the darkest times.!! I hope to see you in the next Diplo..

Comment

• ROME FOR ONCE PLEASE DISABLE YOUR FRIGGING FIREWALL!!!!
                          - Anon

Comment

• Thanks Toni. I look forward to playing you again - sad you had to leave so near the end.

Very good Game by you - Very clever just let the others do the fighting until the time is right for you to strike.
                            - Anon

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words Toni. And St Jon - you block me and I block you, but neither of us seem to block anyone else. I have no idea what the problem is, but just as frustrating for me when you are in.

Comment

• Curious who is playing Portugal currently?

Comment

Working...
                                X