This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-Posting Mayhem

Your suggestion may be sensible MMC, but to me it still seems like it means the other 14 of us have to stop for ages, and possibly lose our game, in order to keep in three players who can't calm down now and make decisions now for the benefit of the community and the game. I'm not quite sure why we should.

Comment

• Me and The Capo working things out will not work
      I'm not going to post PM's, but it went like this:

Me: If we load 1665, what disadvantages will you get and how can I compensate you, apart from reducing my defence in Knossos

He: only reload in 1635

Me: What if we reload 1635, what would you want to do to compensate me?

He: Nothing, you lose nothing by reloading 1635
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• It may be 3 people causing the trouble, but when at least 5 people have pulled out or threatened to pull out, it would just get unmanageable to fill all those holes. Therefore, my idea is to try to release those who want to leave by encouraging them to come back later when there is a renewed interest in the game.

I'm sure if we can start a new game with a better explanation of the rules at the start, then we can keep the people together. It doesn't have to be a long game. But once it's over we can turn around as a group and say "Back to BtP. How can we fix this?"
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
          Me and The Capo working things out will not work
          I'm not going to post PM's, but it went like this:

Me: If we load 1665, what disadvantages will you get and how can I compensate you, apart from reducing my defence in Knossos

He: only reload in 1635

Me: What if we reload 1635, what would you want to do to compensate me?

He: Nothing, you lose nothing by reloading 1635
          He has agreed to a AIM, MSN or Skype conversation if you're willing... With myself mediating at his suggestion. It would have to be pretty soon though.
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Sure.
            Let me check if I have skype somewhere.......

Comment

• My skypename: rhoberth

Comment

• I still think starting a new game would be better (mostly cuz I'm tired of being last). but if we can get the ball rolling again then lets keep going.

Comment

• I have a question not realated to the fight at hand. I want to create a new user name and delet my old one. how do I go about deleting my old one so I can creat a new one?

Comment

• I am with you guys all the way, great to see Rome, MMC, Ozzy and Japan so active. Thank you!

I am here and ready.

I agree with Rome and Ozzy if we stop the game and take a break this game will never resume trust me i know!!

Best solution put it on 48hr timer CS and lets look to bring Capo back and if that fails well we need to get subs. After we fill the blanks we go back to the reg timer.

Comment

• It is all about team work here, i am happy to see that 16 players are willing to work together and get the game going again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
                        I have a question not realated to the fight at hand. I want to create a new user name and delet my old one. how do I go about deleting my old one so I can creat a new one?
                        Send me a PM (using your real account) and let's discuss... we can do a simple name change, or discuss other options.

And to the rest... carry on
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan View Post
                          (mostly cuz I'm tired of being last)

You can get Sparta when I'm gone
                          It'll be like leading 'real life Rome' in 475ad though

Comment

• CyberShy so are you going to get the game up and extend the timer for 48-72?

Comment

• I have a better idea. you hand over all of sparta to japan along with troops and money and ill be more then happy.

Comment

• Ok, here's the deal.
                                I've just voice chatted with The Capo, MMC and OzzyKP
                                Friendly Fire was there in write-chat

I have made the following proposal:
                                - reload 1635 but give me 1 extra turn to try to safe my GE

The Capo only wanted to accept that if I would not use it for a Golden Age.

I won't go into detail, but to me that's the same as just reloading 1635 and giving up everything without The Capo giving up anything.
                                I think that the bottom line is that I have tried to give up 95% of everyting I wanted and The Capo gave up nothing. Then there's no base for further negotiations.

I must say that we had a good chat in good harmony.
                                We both expressed trust in each other and the willingness to find a solution. We both said that none of us where cheaters and we believed from each other that both of us were honest in their actions.

Last thing I suggested was a vote where all the other players could decide if we:
                                - reload 1635 and let me keep my GE
                                - reload 1635 and kill my GE
                                - reload 1665 (last safe) and let me compensate The Capo as much as possible

Then the last option was not acceptable so it was a vote for the first and 2nd option, but The Capo didn't want to accept a majority decision there.

The Capo had no ideas for solutions, he just wanted a reload to 1635 and considers everything that happened after 1635 'did not really happen'.

Well, that's where we are.
                                I have tried to make a fair and honest write out of our chat.
                                MMC and Ozzy can correct me of course.

I don't see any solution except me giving up everything.
                                That is not acceptable to me. I hope that you guys do understand that it's a matter of giving and taking when a solution is needed because two parties disagree with each other.

It's 00:20am here, if I do nothing now, it'll be 24 hours further and we'll still be at the same place with no hope for a solution.
                                Since we only run the risk that (more) players will drop, that's not a good idea.

I am going to start the game now with the latest safe.
                                The current turn lasts for +-3 more hours.
                                Maya: you have 3 hours to make your move! I advise you to at least move for the sake of it. (I can't enlarge the timer of the current turn)

After that I'll put the turn timer for next turn on 48 hours.
                                In those hous we can try to get everybody back in!

We also need to find subs for civs that may eventually drop.
                                Maybe we can grand a larger nation to Japan, and just give Japan to the barbarians in some way? (that would be a cool plot-line )

Anyway, the game is on in about 3 minutes.

Since Friendly Fire was in the chat I hope that he'll return for this 1665 load.
                                WarningU2 left becuase, like he said, he wanted to support me. I hope therefore that he also wants to return.

Piercia, I really hope that you want to stay as well. I know that the game has lost much fun to you since your big loss. Maybe you can also sub for an eventual AI civ, which may bring back your joy.

Capo/Pinchak: I honestly hope that you guys are willing to come with us.
                                Maya: please do your turn in the next 3 hours, then you have 48 hours after that in which you can take your time to decide if you want to continue. Otherwise you have to decide in avery short time.

Well, that's it

Just for the record: the game has now loaded. All proposals I have made are now off the table. Now we continue this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X