Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we can get deity back if we make an effort to right the wrong. It can be done. We all to work together to make it happen. This is what the game has lacked for so long. We are not a cohesive unit.

Comment

• Celts you are right, we need to be more cohesive, after all this is our game and community. It depends on us to make it work and heal what differences we might have, for god sake we are not perfect. Of course there will be fights - the question is how soon can we say **** it's only a game and i am here to have fun with my diplo buddies.

Comment

• For the record, with a longer turn-timer this could've happened as well. (b/c the 6 hours had passed)

There are two options now suggested:
        - Portugal give the Aluminium city to Khmer
        - Reload 1828

If we reload, I think the outcome of the Rome/Sparta battle will be the same.
        I'll do the same things again and if Rome does so, there's no problem. But we can't fix the turn-timer for that turn. It'll still be 14 hours! (and thus may create problems for other players who won't be able to play)

For the record, I disagree with Celt's remark that we have to 'right a wrong': there is no rulebreaking wrong. We've had situations before where the rules were 'quirky' but we always sticked to that rule (and changed it afterwards).

Principally we shouldn't go the route to reload if the rules don't talk about a reload, mainly because you set a precedent. People may continue to require reloads because all kinds of reasons. That'll definitely be the end of our game. We should stick to the rule, no matter if it's a good rule or a bad rule.

Therefore I would prefer to continue and let Khmer accept Portugal's offer (give up allu city). But I'll go with the majority vote here:

So let's make it a vote:
        1. Continue and find a sub for Khmer
        2. Reload 1828 (14h turn) and everyone does the same he did in real 1828
        3. Reload 1826 (and make 1828 19h) and everyone does the same both in 1826 and 1828
        4. Continue and Khmer accepts Toni's gift
        5. End game

4 must of course also be accepted by Khmer.
        I want to ask everybody to accept the outcome of the vote for the sake of the game.

edit: If the votes for 2 and 3 combined get a majority we'll consider 'reload' to be the 'winner' and have a 2nd vote for the reload year. (unless one of the years has a majority straight away of course)

I insist that Portugal will not be accused of breaking the rules. Not because I want to side with Portugal here, but just simply because he did not. The fact that he gives up a city is really kind of him and not a sign that he was wrong.
        Last edited by Robert; May 25, 2009, 10:27.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I vote #4

Comment

• Put me down for #4 Robert

P.S I just realized that to give a city you need to have peace. Well i will gift the city to someone else and that person will give it to Khmer back.

Comment

• I vote #4 as well.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                Seriously, don't hold up the game. My mind is made up.

Yes, I'm going to hold the game till you're back.
                Take as much time as you need, we'll be waiting for you.

Regarding the Double Move Rule, Rome and me suggest something like:

- we remove the 6 hour rule
                - from now on all warring parties must obey the turn order
                - we're going to sub for all not-playing civs (Maya, England)
                - We put the turn timer on 48 or 72 hours during war to give everybody time to finish turns while obeying the turn order
                - turns won't have to be long if everyone just plays in time (hence the subbing for Maya/England)

All please agree, and also: do we agree with Jeroen's friend taking over England? And who wants to sub for Maya?
                Also, not to be a dick, but I tried to fix this broken 6 hour rule a bit ago and I got flak for it. Good to see folks finally come around to accepting my rule. I guess it just took another disaster and others thinking they came up with it.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I vote to contimue the game, doesnt really matter for me how. If everyone an accept #4 then i vote #4 too.

Spoiler:
                  (((((((((((((I don't want to hijack or "be a dick (by Ozzy's word)", but i have to say: if we are not including the turn before war into whatever "no-double move" rule we will have we could face similar conflicts in the future: "I had an airship in my city which could have spot the incoming invasion fleet, but because of your unfair-yet legal- double move i had lost the chance.."))))))))

Comment

• @JApan: let's keep the 'turn before' argument for the next game. This game keeps this turn before included.

Comment

• Tally:
                      1: Japan (1)
                      2: Japan (1)
                      3: Japan (1)
                      4: Greece, Portugal, Ozzy, Japan, natives (5)
                      5:
                      Last edited by Robert; May 25, 2009, 12:07.

Comment

Comment

• #4 sounds like the best option

Comment

• #4 seems best way forward to me

Comment

• Since the English are actually playing (I am sorry for not checking before I spoke) my friend actually wants to take over the Mayans. He is very interested in the diplo elements and does not really mind the losing-to-lost position :-)

Please indicate what you think!

Comment

• Tally:
                                1: Japan (1)
                                2: Japan (1)
                                3: Japan (1)
                                4: Greece, Portugal, Metalheads, Japan, natives, Spain (6)
                                5:

Not voted: Celts, HRE, Rome, Russia, America, Khmer (6)
                                Never post: England, Vikings (2)
                                No player: Maya, Inca, Korea, Piercia (4)

technically we need 1 more vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X