Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. Finger pointing, counter-accusations, and name calling doesn't help resolve this situation.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I've updated and clarified the turn order rule based on everyone's thoughts, since the current wording seems to be causing a lot of confusion. The current wording should not only be clearer & easier to follow (i.e. less gray area to cause disputes/arguments) but also allow players a good deal of flexibility when agreed to.
      Last edited by OzzyKP; April 1, 2009, 12:57.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ozzy, I posted my answer to your question as to why I felt a re-load was needed as 'the wronged party' on the 'Arguement & Debate Thread' as this is much of a 'debate' than an organisational issue.
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

• Ozzy: you can't just alter the double move rule like that.
          Not to mention that this new rule you created will cause more troubles then all old rules together.

Ok, by request we have a vote round for March.
          Not much stories indeed, but a lot of diplomacy and warring, so the month deserves a vote.

So all please send in your votes for March before April 9th!
          Here's the story thread for March (the thread contains some April posts as well because I was too late to create the new thread)
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Cyber - I can't log in. There is not long on the clock and I was half way through my turn when I was thrown out and now can't log in. Any suggestions - I really don't want to miss the turn.

Comment

• Still no good

Comment

• @Rome: that's weird.
                It says you're logging in and out on civstats.

There's most probably an auto-save. I can load that when I'm home to give you a change to play your turn. I'm at work, I can't do anything at my server right now

Comment

• Ozzy's proposal for a new double move rule:

Civilizations that are at war must agree to a set turn order that is enforced from the moment war is declared in-game until the war ends in-game (i.e. spoken agreements or promises to end the war don't count, the war must end in the game). All combatants shall alternate their turns according to a consensus agreement by all war participants. When during the day each player plays his or her turn will be decided by consensus of all war participants. This will be done to ensure all players take their turns in the proper order without inconveniencing any player or preventing any player from taking a turn.

During war, each player is allowed to log in to the game only once each turn, and take no more than one hour to play their turn. The next player in the turn order is not allowed to log in until the preceding player has logged out.

If the turn order is violated in any way, or an allegation of violation is made, the game shall be paused immediately.

If turn order is violated it is then up to the victim(s) of such violation to decide whether a reload is necessary. If the victim(s) requests a reload, a reload is to be done immediately (no debate). If the victim(s) is satisfied with alternate solutions, then an arrangement can be made between the turn order violator(s) and the victim(s) and a reload will not be necessary and the game shall be unpaused.

Alternate solutions must be agreed to by all war participants by consensus, and will be enforced by all game participants. If an alternative solution is not carried out exactly as agreed, a reload shall occur immediately (with no debate) to the turn of the original turn-order violation.

My proposal: Keep the old rule but add:

Opponents don't move simultaniously during war, players are not allowed to do anything in-game after they have finished their turn during war and are supposed to logout after their end of turn immediately only to not login again. A war-turn cannot last longer then 1 hour to avoid blocking the opponent from playing

an alternative would be: drop all double move rules since they only cause problems and fights.

Comment

• Ozzy: your rule won't work because it'll limit the ability of people to play their turn far beyond the 6 hours. 'when during the day' is not a good rule since the pitboss turns don't take exactly 24 hours.

And you want players in war first to discuss the turn-order? That'll cause problems.

Comment

• The 6 hour rule is broken.

Double-moving is ok as long as you wait 6 hours? So while I'm sleeping someone can legally double-move on me?

Several people suggested that combatants figure out a turn-order. That is a much more reasonable way of handling it. Plus it can be adjusted to circumstances. This is the clearest rule we've had yet, the easiest to enforce, and also the most flexible.

Comment

• Maybe the 6 hour rule is not good enough indeed, we can discuss that.
                        But I doubt that players can always find a consensus on a turn-order.
                        Every day is different and the turn start and end times differ every day as well. So it's mostly impossible to find a general timeframe that suits both players every day of the week!

We picked the 6 hours to give the other player the chance to move.
                        Maybe we should expand it to 8 or 9 hours. (long is not good either, the other must have time to react)

Comment

• Well that can be suggested as a possible alternate option if the players are truly unable to agree on a turn-order.

Comment

• I'd then rather prefer a solid rule and an alternative option to let players sort out a turn-order themselves (or both agree to ignore the turn order all together)

What about cancelling the entire double move rule and end all fights, disputes, etc. at once?

Comment

• And letting people double move? No thanks.

Comment

• The game was hanging because of a failed save. The pitboss server showed a dialog box and didn't continue as long as this dialog box was there (stupid!)

I have been able to login to my server through my cellphone-VNC 8) and I have clicked the dialog away. The game is now proceeding again.

perhaps someone can pause the game so that Rome gets a chance to play his turn later.

So: if you join the game: unpause the game (if it's paused) and then pause it again before you leave! That way it'll give time to Rome to play his turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X