This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was that a double move Piercia?

Doing your move 30 minutes before the turn flipped and then 10 minutes after?

Hard to know if it made any difference - the extra defenders in the theatened major city did they get there in one turn or two?

Comment

• Clearly a double turn, and thus most probably a double move.
      The turn was ended.

I'm going to reload the game from the begin-turn save immediately when I'm home (in 4 hours).

I assume that Piercia made a mistake.
      If others are willing to discuss possible penalties and punishments against Piercia, then they're free to do so.

I personally believe that just reloading will be enough.
      So all: please be aware that playing your turn before I have reloaded (I'll post it here!) will be in vain!
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• The reason that I reload immediatley is that I don't want to waste days with discussing this item, only to agree that it's too late then to reload.

Comment

• Weird: Piercia finished his turn twice last turn!

Comment

• How goes the party?

Me.

Comment

• OOC - Curious to know why isn't Piercia trying to make peace with Rome? Are we on our way to witness the extermination of a 2nd civ this game?

Comment

• Quickly:

1. Certainly no desire for punishments etc. over double move. Lets just play civ.
                2. Certainly no desire to see any exterminations.

Comment

• Many have already taken their turns, plus if Rome wishes no punishments towards P let just continue the turn. Is that ok CyberShy?

Comment

• I've just reloaded.
                    If we again let a civ get away with it we'll have no reason anymore to keep the rule.
                    It's just a couple of hours we lost.

From now I'll immediately reload if someone reports a double move BEFORE THE TURN HAS ENDED!

Comment

• I've been having trouble with Apolyton as well, which is why my first move was to do away with use of my Anonymous account alltogether. I know its frowned upon, but it makes it much easier for me to use the site. Which is still going through growing pains.

As far as the game being boring; people are always going to make that claim, mainly because they come in with certain expectations. Obviously there can only be ONE civ on top at a time (scorewise at least), and then there will be the collection of influential civs (its around four to five in this game) on the world's stage, then you have your locally important civs. I am not that great at this game (although I swear I'm getting a little better), so I understand going in that my role will be nothing more than that of conduit for diplomacy. So what I do is try and write good stories, and involve myself as much as possible. I coincided this latest dust-up in Korea with my tentative play, I was hurt and on drugs, and its more difficult than it might seem to sit at a computer, or move to a computer, with a throbbing broken leg. But anyway, the game is only going to be as fun as you make it, and understanding your position in the world is important for establishing that. And I don't mean to say that you have to ACCEPT your position, you can always better it, and you could always change it. But if you are a country like Russia you have to realize (like it seems the Russian player, is it Lz?, is begining to do), much like Korea, that you are NOT going to be able to unilaterally do much and you have to work with allies, and achieve goals through diplomacy. Which in the end is the purpose of the diplogame format.

I don't know, just some comments for now, time to post...
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Can someone explain what the new process is for attaching pictures to posts, please. I did the whole upload thing in the manage attachment section - but then what?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo View Post
                          But anyway, the game is only going to be as fun as you make it, and understanding your position in the world is important for establishing that. And I don't mean to say that you have to ACCEPT your position, you can always better it, and you could always change it. But if you are a country like Russia you have to realize (like it seems the Russian player, is it Lz?, is begining to do), much like Korea, that you are NOT going to be able to unilaterally do much and you have to work with allies, and achieve goals through diplomacy. Which in the end is the purpose of the diplogame format.

Hope the leg is feeling better soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss H Roman View Post
                            Can someone explain what the new process is for attaching pictures to posts, please. I did the whole upload thing in the manage attachment section - but then what?

Thanks in advance.
                            Click manage attachments.
                            Click browse.
                            Find the file you want.
                            Click upload.
                            Close pop-up window.
                            Hit submit reply.
                            Attached Files
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy View Post
                              I've just reloaded.
                              If we again let a civ get away with it we'll have no reason anymore to keep the rule.
                              It's just a couple of hours we lost.

From now I'll immediately reload if someone reports a double move BEFORE THE TURN HAS ENDED!
                              Ah frick. Reload screwed me up.

I'll live, but it is still annoying.
                              Last edited by OzzyKP; January 22, 2009, 22:55.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                                Click manage attachments.
                                Click browse.
                                Find the file you want.
                                Click upload.
                                Close pop-up window.
                                Hit submit reply.
                                That's exactly what I did, for a jpeg image no wider than 800. Did not take. Now when i try to do it for another post, or edit the existing message (Operation TIAL RUVAP post), I get that the upload failed. Presumably this means the pic already exists somewhere here - here being poly.

Comment

Working...
                                X