No announcement yet.

HOTW XII Diplogame Organization Thread. Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn done but not pressed enter yet... doing a bit of microing in game still..

we need to sort out clarity on the turn order.

France just surprise attacked Holland; then I responded.
    Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
    [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

I moved the turn and made a save first in case of any disputes over turn order rules...
      [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

You don't need to make a save... I've just done that for you
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I realize I'm new here and you can run the game however you want, but gifting away cities as they are about to fall is pretty low and gamey. I mean its 1939, Hitler is about roll into Poland, BUT WAIT POLAND HAS BEEN GIFTED TO THE UNITED STATES! Better turn those panzer divisions around....doesn't sound much like a realistic game to me, with real nations etc.

I thought I'd point that out and get some opinions before I finish the turn again.
          'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplo France
            I realize I'm new here and you can run the game however you want, but gifting away cities as they are about to fall is pretty low and gamey. I mean its 1939, Hitler is about roll into Poland, BUT WAIT POLAND HAS BEEN GIFTED TO THE UNITED STATES! Better turn those panzer divisions around....doesn't sound much like a realistic game to me, with real nations etc.

I thought I'd point that out and get some opinions before I finish the turn again.
            My goodness. Wake up and smell the coffee...

France has allowed Mongolia to use Open Borders with France since the First Great Ancient War against Holland; allowing attacks by Mongolia through French territory.

Since then France has done nothing but assist Mongolia by using treachury (and game mechanics) to gang up on Hollande.

French cities have been allowed to be used as air bases by Mongolian planes for attacks on Hollande. Holland copuld do nothing about this.

Give us a break.

I know you might be new but I have to treat France as the role they've played throughout the game:

I.e. scheming, kniving, backstabbing b@astards that don't deserve to ever see the light of day...

Gifting cities is common place and if you read the Ivan post, where the Ottomans were mentioning Oil, you'll understand that Istanbul is an Ottoman city that has Oil and it has been given back to them.
            Last edited by Diplo Holland; December 9, 2008, 17:57.
            [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Well christ who do I have to kill to get some damn oil around here? If its the ottomans, they can't stop me either.

If you had called someone's bluff a few thousand years ago and attacked France for helping your enemies I'd had more smypathy for you.
              Last edited by Diplo France; December 5, 2008, 02:55.
              'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplo France
                Well christ who do I have to kill to get some damn oil around here? If its the ottomans, they can't stop me either.
                Well, taking out my Oil Rig wasnt going to get you coffee, sorry, I mean Oil

Got coffee on the brain...
                [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

well france you know if you just ask i am more then willing to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Diplo Holland
                    Started playing my turn, got discoed, going to dentist, finish turn in a while... hope everything I did got save...
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Guys sorry for that last turn! I will do my best to not delay the group anymore.

Comment

Ottomans, you didn't end your turn.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

he he

If I did that I'd peform some damage to myself...
                          [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Originally posted by Toni
                            Guys sorry for that last turn! I will do my best to not delay the group anymore.
                            Keep up with the program. TURN!!

Hey, don't forget to get into the story thread a little bit and respond to diplo screen proposals. You say nothing at all despite earlier converstaions of an anonomous nature...
                            [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

I will be out of commotion for the next few days and I will need someone to sub for me till I get my civ fixed. Right now I only have units building to all I need is for someone to press enter for me. I don’t want to turn it over to the AI because it might start fighting the French because we are at war. So if someone can do me this small favor it would be great.

Comment

Hey HOTW XII players! Its me the Capo giving a special notice to all of you (since MMC can't log in to Apolyton right now).

MMC is going to turn his computer off because he says its been on for three weeks straight or something and it needs some cool-down time. So HOTW XII will be offline for the next twelve hours. So if you can't log in that is why.

Thank you.
                                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                                X