Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Story Thread] Part 2 (September)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d/p

Comment

The Hovel Report

The American people have repelled the last round of barb invaders with the help of our Celtic brothers to the south. We have hosted a great parade in their honour in Boston to celebrate.

There is still much to do however ... more archers are incoming from the east but their is hope. The numbers are greately reduced.

Our women archers in Washington are experienced and are thrusting their knowledge to their men on what to do with their sharp projectiles. The fruits of their labour are apparent as many more archers are taking to the ramparts.

In the north with a contingent of workers protected by several archers we are close to reestablishing our pastures. During the evening more barbarians attacked them but were repelled by flaming arrows.

And soon our wisemen tell us ... we will have new weapons to protect our people. There is hope.

- Reported by Thrusting Loins, Washington Post

Comment

A very sound argument in our favour...

[Romans on a camping trip near Outpost]

So General Caelius what did you think of my letter to our friends the Portuguese?

We shall see if they remain friends my lord.

Indeed, Romans need no friends that can not take a harsh tone. Come to think of it our tone was less harsh than honest....

Yes your majesty, it was brutally honest. But that is what they asked for. You made a very sound argument in our favour...

Being friend of Rome is like hunting with a lion, you need to be ready for the occasional angry sound but if the Lion is well fed he will uphold all honorable arrangements.

If one where to fail to feed the lion...

Dear Caelius no one forgets to feed the lion... Let's hope that massing our forces near Arpinium is all the show of strength we need... How long will it take for the last troops to get there?

Two turns my king.

Excellent, ahh I see you have come to the part of the letter where I detail our demands...

There is very little detail in these demand my lord.

Precisely, you see we will use their response to gauge how effective our message has been.

And if they do not give a proposal? Or if the proposal is inadequate?

Why my dear Caelius we shall have to roar!

And what of the other nations?

The other animals of the forest won't mind, you see technically the Portuguese are in gross violation of our border agreements both those officially confirmed and those passively accepted.... in any case they may be hoping for a morsel to drop their way if the lion gets its way.

Comment

A Story of Old

The Newly commissioned OSS Voyager sails into uncharted waters in search of Yellocacia.

they see danger ahead

so change course and head to a small island. They shelter but need supplies, there are no supplies on this island so they set sail again.

Not far West they discover another island, here they land to look for supplies. The warriors alight first to protect the pilgrams.

Comment

Advisor

Lord Tir the diplomatic convoy has been send to Rome. Negotiations are planned to start soon. Also the Magistrate of Outpost has called on volunteers to calm down the populace. Just the sight of the whole Roman army outside its borders threatens the women and children.

Tir

Well tell the diplomats to wait for me in Rome I will join them personally and talk to my neighbor from the south. I need to understand the sudden u-turn of his foreign policy.

Tell my servants to bring much paper and pencils, talks may be long I will need records of everything.

Advisor

What about your personal guards? Should they join you?

Tir

There is no need, I am going on a diplomatic mission!

Comment

As they cross the beach they discover the treachaerous barbabrians

battle breask out and the Oldonians pursue their nemesis.

It soon becomes hand to hand fighitng

Comment

The battle rages and the fallen soon cover the beach

as the battle heads in land, the Axemen drive the Barbs into the waiting ambush of the Archers

the Oldonians did take possesion of the Island in the name of The Great One

Comment

Artist Image of the GREAT ONE

Comment

The Great Ones orders

It came to pass that the Elders in Oldonia did meet and decided to again proclain a Prince to lead them

Rasputin the XI th did become prince in 85BC

As part of his inaugration he did need a wife and every province did send a representative.

From the province of Oldonia was Helga

the province of Western Razolia selected Annifrid.

from the Army dtronghold of Forrest Hill came Anita.

From Razite province came Heidi

From the Eastern Province came Gwen

and from the Nip province came Heto

It was a long process to deicde who would be the Queen of the United Oldonians Provinces.

All had tio be interviewed to see if they had the necessary qualifications.

Comment

Clearly a run-off between Annifrid and Heidi.

And clearly guaranteed to get you some votes this month.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

{ooc} what you dont like Heto, she cooks she cleans.... she even does some ironing.

Comment

I heard Heto could smelt iron and forges broadswords as well, and she's also a freak in the sack.

Comment

it clear big troop in far land. shiva tremble. he pass on soon. he create a civilization a stand test of time.

but back on far land. it seem leading civilization slave much troop. each population loss it create a unit. this mean six new troop next turn. he. diplomacy need.

shiva is remind of his shame. he not want slave. but all known have slave. it sign of bad barbarian and impending war.

shiva go to his resting place and lie. it near ozzy warrior. he. hope no mess there. a great tribute to shiva is build in heart of comber land.

the great shiva axe with much strength and promotion and health promotion is kill. it break shiva heart. bad barbarian war. now loose shiva great axe and two great chariot of much promotion. it great loss and break shiva heart. despite odd it loses and much new unit is made with barrack city.

it war. and much expansion now. only way to wipe barbarian.

shiva worry of other think combers take too much jungle but it only way to kill barbarian.

neighbour say if problem before war.

but now, shiva lie down in mausoleum and say farewell all good and great men and women of this world.

great tiding gentlemen.

Comment

To: To the ruler of the Portugese Empire

We demand as payment for past border agreements and damages for the ancient Roman-Portuguese war the city of Outpost and your withdrawal from the province of Egypt.

We think our offer is fair, we are willing to entertain an alternative arrangement along the lines of the one we talked about with you representatives in Rome. Please send your offer before 50BC or we will be forced to violate Portugal's territorial sovereignty. We will withold from pillaging and maintain diplomatic contact for two turns after enetring your lands without your permission.

We hope that this matter can be resolved peacefully and swiftly.

Rex and new Pontifex Maximus Ancus Marcius

Comment

shiva tremble indeed. far planet is angry.

much need of paragraph but it for other to write shiva epitaph. ne nearly die.

Comment

Working...
                                X