Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS could you please before locking these story threads always make a link to the previous and the new one?

Comment

• @Rome: ok and ok
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Actually the situation has changed, I WILL be able to turn the next few days, but I WILL NEED a sub for next week.

Comment

• ok.
          don't forget to vote within 3 days then!

Comment

• A few comments, well maybe not a few but some comments.

Why do we keep changing the Story thread? I am not complaining, per se, but we had one go to 1000+ and then now we switch one after 90 posts? Was this the original idea to begin with?

It just kinda sucks because sometimes I don't have time to read the thread all week long, so when I do get some time its nice to just go back through the same thread and check out what has happened rather than switch around, and its easier to compare posts; for instance say there is an argument or an issue that has arisen, its much easier for me to look back in the thread and then go forward once I refresh my memory than to go back to the MP forum, go to the new thread then go back again. I mean, it makes no sense.

The arument that there are so many posts its hard to keep track is stupid too, because you should be reading all of the posts because we VOTE on them.

So I guess maybe I am complaining. But I just wanted to know the rationale behind starting a new thread and within a couple of weeks (or so) closing it?
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
              Ok my fellow diplogamers, it's time to vote again!

Send your votes before the 4th of October!
              (FOURTH OF OCTOBER) to the vote-address.
              Everything you need to know about voting is in the first post of this thread)

Voting is about SEPTEMBER, there's a special story thead of SEPTEMBER with only stories/wars/diplomacy from SEPTEMBER! Just only vote for stuff that happened right there. (or in-game or in your pm folder of course)

Keep in mind: if you by accident already voted for some september-things in august, don't vote twice for it! You know what you have voted for.

From now on I'll create a new story thread for every month. Please let me do it, it's a pain to split/merge/copy/rename/alter threads already.

The vote-period is only 3 days. This to avoid getting disconnected from the period we vote for.
              If you really can't vote in these 3 days, ask for a delay.

Any questions: post there here, but first: read the first post of this thread throughout!
              Hmm, I have to say concerning the "fake war situation" I was told, by you Cybershy, that we should take that into consideration when voting this time around. And in this last post you say that we should only vote for the September thread? (Which I guess answers the question from the previous post).

BTW, concerning the new thread; isn't it BtP Story Thread Part III and not Part IV? And wouldn't it be better to write the MONTH rather than what edition it is?
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Voted:

Comment

• Cyber, Is my password for gmail the same as the one for this anon account?

Comment

• @Capo: I'll fix the thread title.
                    Yes, we vote for September, but if you made vote-mistakes in the past you can always keep that in mind when you decide on future votes.

ie. In july I voted for Poland b/c I thought they posted a kewl story, but later I found out that not Poland but Canada was the author of that story. Now it's September, I had the intention to vote for Poland, but I give this vote to Canada this time to correct the mistake I made in July.

@Japan: I hope it is! If it's not, send me a pm and I'll reset your password. (tell me which password you want)

Comment

• And dont forget to take points away from me for posting PMs too

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                        And dont forget to take points away from me for posting PMs too

not a hair on my head considers giving you a penalty for that
                        I still don't understand the fuss about that.

Comment

• tis ok cyber, the main one who upset about it posts PMs also , but he cleverer than me, he can justify his use....

Comment

• Yeah and he isn't an annoying whiney douchebag either.

Comment

• What happens in-game should not be discussed out-of-character, unless it's a violation of the rules.

I don't see how in-character publishing pm's that were sent in-character is a out-of-characte rule violation.
                              Any king or president can decide to publish the letters he received from another state-head. How the other state-heads react on that is an in-game thing, not an out-of-character thing.

So let's en the out-of-character debate about it right now. If you want to react on it, do it in-character.

Comment

• Does accidentally corrupting my C: drive count as grounds for an extension to the voting period?

For the record (and Russia might find this interesting),
                                Code:
                                $ grub-install /dev/sda
                                is good.

And
                                Code:
                                $ grub-install /dev/sda1
                                is bad.

Now to work out how to repair the MBR of my C: drive.
                                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Working...
                                X