Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @deity: I don't want to say that Maya cheated! There was just a problem. I wish he had communicated about that!

Now we need to find a solution.
    The problem I have with Maya is that he's not cooperating and acting as if nothing happened.

Something happened, not too much, but now it's getting way too big.

I have no problems with ceasing all double move rules, and making some gentlemens agreement that nobody will try sneaky double moves (ie. moving at end and beginning of turn)
    After all this causing headaches.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I can assure folks that I find the whole thing very tiresome too; I signed up to play civ not for this kind of argument.

But lets be clear. There was no ambiguity in this case. Maya has confirmed that he moved last in 1295 (moving troops off ship) and then first in 1300 before the 6 hour point, a double move which placed combat raider macemen next to a weakly defended interior city before reinforcements/interceptors could act.

If we want to say, well it doesn't really matter, or we don't like Rome so we don't mind, or you seem to have managed to cope so don't worry, fine. I have enough stress in real life to cope with that I don't need it here. Genuinely, if others want to say 'yes we see that there was a double move here, but for the sake of the game and keeping momentum going and and a stress free Christmas, can you forget it?', the answer would be yes.

But lets not pretend there was any ambiguity, it didn't make any difference, or that 'next time' is will suddenly be any clearer.
      Last edited by Pitboss Rome; December 19, 2008, 10:18.

Comment

• Lets just get ride of the rule. Between the timer and the rule that keeps popping up I have become a sad panda. Cant we lower the timer some???

Comment

• I have a request for either the Khmer of Holy Romans. Please burn the Inca city of Cornucopia or what ever it is called. You can’t miss it, it is the one with the Chichen Itza. And when you do please post a screen shot of it.

Comment

• I think that the double-move issues are being exacerbated by the lack of timer going on. I think we should lower the timer to 72 hours at least. And then turn it off on Christmas Eve and Christmas. To me that is the most reasonable thing to occur.

As far as Rome saying that I am just saying nothing happened; look man, the Maya are NOT going to accept any penalty here because there was no clear defined rule to begin with, and I am not entirely sure that they actually comitted a double-move in the first place. Even if they HAD, Cybershy wanted some protection for people who did it accidentally and if they moved a ship and forgot they had to move the unit off too (which is entirely possible in a pitboss format) then why not give him the benefit of the doubt? It seems you did before and are only now attempting to get him punished for it. Obviously I am all about a penalty for breaking the rule, but I am also totally against an ex post facto ruling as well. If we had one established beforehand I'd be for it, but since we did NOT establish a penalty it is wrong to assign one now. And in the US it is unconstitutional too!

So honestly, if you guys don't want this bull**** argument to ruin the game I'd say to let it go and make a real rule.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I'm not going to argue Capo; I've got better things to do.

Comment

• there was a clear rule and we are trying to find a solution to repair the damage done. I have asked Maya already to propose a solution. If he doesn't answer then I can't help that. But the rule was and is clear.

Comment

• Rome agrees with capo so lets drop this.

By the way who is subing for russia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                    I have a request for either the Khmer of Holy Romans. Please burn the Inca city of Cornucopia or what ever it is called. You can’t miss it, it is the one with the Chichen Itza. And when you do please post a screen shot of it.
                    he

however we are still waiting for the Funglish to make a detailed post on the Hastings Agreement that explains the extent of this military operation.

We have a problem in that Stinca are still logging in (not always ending their turn) and moving units. They actually fought back in one case and lost an Axe.

I tried to send a mesage in the diplo screen but it comes up with "cease fire" which Khmer do not want to propose so not sure if he gets the message.

If he doesn't post and or negotiate somehow we might eliminate him...

Can anyone (Cyber?) who actually knows who the Stinca player is warm him/her?

Comment

• He should be eliminated. Kill the Inca

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                        He should be eliminated. Kill the Inca
                        AND in a gracious act of polticing by the Khmer, gift Cornucopia to the Japanese...

Comment

• Rome agrees with capo
                          err, no. There just isn't much point going round in circles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer

AND in a gracious act of polticing by the Khmer, gift Cornucopia to the Japanese...

I don't want it just want. Just want to see it burn

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome

err, no. There just isn't much point going round in circles.

err, don't care. Just trying to get it dropped could care less if you agree or not.

Comment

• I can't do much now (I'm on vacation, internet connection through cell-phone) about the Inca, but I'll see who they are when I'm home, and if needed I'll kick them and reset their password.

Perhaps Japan'd rather wants to take the Inca over?

Comment

Working...
                                X