Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this issue is not solved by the time I wake up tomorrow then I'll reload the game back to 295.
    This seems appropriate.

Considering there never was a solid rule concerning penalty, I don't think I should have to disband anything.
    Last edited by Pitboss Maya; December 17, 2008, 07:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya

This seems appropriate.

Considering there never was a solid rule concerning penalty, I don't think I should have to disband anything.
      Oh please, can you just not use the unit?

It seems crazy to go back and might disadvantage Khmer and others - I might lose a battle I won before.

There is always going to be another situation we haven't thought of but going back is not the answer - let's be creative prospectivel.

Comment

• I say no replay and no disbanding units. There is no CLEAR punishment in the rule (hate to say I told you this would happen cyber but I told you so) so leave the Mayans go with just a warning and lets continue playing on. Besides why must the rest of us be punished because of one civ? That is exactly what will happen by going back not to mention it will not fix anything. So again lets let this one go and get back to refining both the rule and the enforcement of the rule.

Comment

• Well, Rome didn't lose the city or even a unit as a result of what we are now calling a double move. I would suggest nothing is done until we clearly define what is a double move, and what is the penalty.

Beyond that, rolling back the turn would assure fairness.

Comment

• If Rome lost nothing then a double move never happened. If you do say it did then you have to go back and say the Romans did a double move as well. If you punish one you must do the same to the other.

Also rolling back the turn might be fair for Rome but not for other civs. As stated before somewhere in these threads rolling back the timer should be a last resort nto the first. But if you still want to go through with it We should ALL take a vote to see if it shoud be done or not.

Comment

• I'm going to have to say I agree with the Khmer player on this one. Rolling back the turn affects everyone regardless of whether or not they had anything to do with the double-move.

I'm not going to say that this argument should end now, or that a clear rule shouldn't be decided, but since it's approximately 7 days and 8 hours until Christmas, I'm going to suggest that Maya simply does not login at all for their next turn, and Rome can move, but agrees not to attack Maya during this designated period of absence.

I'm gong to suggest that we also take this moment to switch to a longer timer (for 2 weeks only). Many people have already gone on their holidays, and whilst I could theoretically play every day over the Christmas break, I really would rather not. Particularly as I am going to be travelling several hundred miles at least 4 times over the next 2 weeks. One of these trips will be to a location with no internet, so my laptop would be relatively useless.
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• @Portugal,

Ever plan on responding to my messages?????

Comment

• Next turn will take 200 hours.

@Maya: this is the 2nd time you've double-moved. Just disbanding the unit is really really really a nice penalty.

We just have a rule. We made it clear recently that we should not move after we ended turn to avoid confusion. But you didn't explain the problem, nor did you wait till Rome was done the next turn.

Now be nice and do it, or I'll let The Capo make up a penalty :-P
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I thought it was only going to be 48hrs not 200.

Comment

• I think a few people weren't going to be able to play at all during the holidays. But if they find some time, then the turn will proceed anyway.

It sucks, but I'm sure that we'll be able to handle it

Comment

• I'm not disbanding the unit.

1. As Japan pointed out, Rome double moved against me, and no penalty was assessed. I could have made the same argument that it affected my stratagy.

2. No clear penalty was ever spelled out. This punish as we go mentality is problematic.

Civilizations that are at war have to wait 6 hours after the new turn started after their last move. When all opponents have moved before those 6 hours have passed the player can move as again well.
                        According to this, anyone involved in a war has to wait 6 hours. I don't know if this is the intent of the rule, but that is how I interperate it. How are we defining "last move"? This rule does not mention ending turn at all.
                        Last edited by Pitboss Maya; December 17, 2008, 19:36.

Comment

• In my opinion the BEST way to handle this would be to do NOTHING about it, and use the down-time to streamline the rule. Everyone had an opportunity to make a vote on this when I brought it up, and nobody voted for it. And I don't mean FOR it, as in "in support of," I mean nobody VOTED AT ALL. So as far as I am concerned it serves you right. THIS is why you needed a clear rule, and THIS is why you needed a penalty.

There should be no restart and NO penalty as this happened under obscure circumstances. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and we can move on with the game. I don't know exaclty what happened hear (on either side of the coin) nor do I care for this to flare up into another lame argument. So I say we take an opportunity during this break to FINALLY address this rule properly.

Comment

• Wow I thought it was a mistake but I see we have our next turn on Boxing Day ...

Well Merry Christmas everyone.

Thanks for letting me participate in this game. It's good fun and I have to say quite amazing to read all the stories.

All the best

Comment

• btw, for all you diplogamers who are interested in promoting the craft and voting for fellow diplogamers, here is a list of those of us who currently have points in the Apolyton hall of fame voting:

deity 193
                              Beta 107
                              cavebear 79 (I forget, did he ever play in a game?)
                              Cybershy 54
                              Frank Johnson 44
                              Wittlich 16
                              kaak 13
                              Trev 10
                              The-aussie-lurker 7

I definitely suggest people vote for deity (!!), Beta, CS, and Frank Johnson. Lets get deity in and lets move the others up.

VOTE HERE:
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I've voted for:

deity (hardcore diplogamer, reliable, good for the communty)
                                Pinchak (created an awesome map for our game! effort = vote!)
                                Toni (hardcore diplogamer, reliable, good for the community)

Comment

Working...
                                X