Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will do. Hope you can clarify on the double move possibility too - only have a few hours left when i can move here.

(not that you have anything else in life to do of course )

Comment

• Same problem here with Pitboss Login.

I think it is safe to say this is not a fluke or isolated incident, and therefore doen't really make sense to address it on an individual basis.

Comment

• As CS suggested, I contacted Ming. What he said was:

RE: User Account
        It's showing as bad email address... I activated the rome account, let me know if you have problems.

Also, if any other people have a problem, send them to me, because I'm sure it's the same problem.

And last, please let cyber know that it's an email address problem. I don't know who's in charge of making sure the email address they are assigned to is functioning. It probably has something to do with the changes going on.... but it isn't my area.

Keep on Civin'
        As you can see from the account this is coming from, it has solved my problem.

Comment

• Yes, that's what I said, it's an e-mail problem.
          But the e-mail is working (checked it out)
          Maybe it was a hickup somewhere.

Can Maya clarify the double-move incident?
          If not, then Rome can move before Maya next turn. (or at least in the area of that specific city.)
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Sorry CS - while you were typing that I was finishing my turn (I have to go here now and can't be back on before the timer flips) on the assumption that there wasn't a double move (worse case scenario). This has involved all sorts of 'extreme' measures, spending, shifting people from elsewhere etc.

I still think that there was. If I am right, then there are all sorts of things which I have now done which I wouldn't have done, so it will be a bit tricky to unravel.

Comment

• Well apparently it still works for me.

As for the double-move issue; I think the best solution right now would be to forget about the past transgressions, as the rule was never clear to begin with, and to FINALLY make it clear and concise. And this should include penalties so that it doesn't happen again, and if it were to happen again with penalties I am sure it won't be repeated after that. Assuming the penalties are good.

I think the best penalty is this one; Loss of one tech voucher and all points for the month, and I know you might say "well then they just won't vote," so in that case make it no vote-points for this month and that continues for the next month if they do not vote (and so on and so forth). Its not overwhelmingly bad, and I think it will ensure that nobody breaks the rule again.

Comment

• I'm currently in the game, only watching, not doing anything.

Comment

• Stuck here now. There are lots of IG effects ramifications of the possible double move e.g. now weaker forces facing the Spartans and Piercians. Reluctant just to keep on going until we can clarify.

Comment

• Please clarify

Comment

• I'm currently in the game, only watching, not doing anything. (2nd login this turn, finished my turn already during the last login)

Comment

• Japan is up and running again

Comment

• CS not sure who you are asking to clarify what.

If you are meaning you want me to clarify the IG effects, well to try to protect myself against the worst effects of what I believe was a double move, I had to upgrade units facing the Maya, when the money was going to be used to upgrade units facing the Greeks. And troops who would have moved to face the Greeks, and the Maya further West, had to be diverted. Hence my forces in at least two places (one facing the Greeks, one the Maya) are weaker. It also affected upgrades facing the Piercians. Very, very hard to calculate the effect of that, but its real. And of course there is the threat to the particular city in question.

It seems to me that at the moment we are just rolling on ignoring the problem. I find that quite difficult. Maya has since been in and played another turn, but if for some reason he can't answer the question here, the saved game files would answer the issue surely? When the Maya ended turn in 1295 was the maceman landed or still in the boat?

Can I point out the statement about double-moves at the beginning of this thread which talks of 'game being paused ... reloading saves' etc. Clearly as we let this roll reloading saves gettings more and more difficult - which is why we need to resolve whether wartime, city-threatening double-move happened or not.

Comment

• But I don't understand,
                            You say that the MAya moved AFTER you, like:
                            - maya moves
                            - rome moves
                            - maya moves again

Well, then you should've been the one to move before the maya in the new turn.

That's at least what I suggested in this msg: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...99#post5494299

That woul've solved everything.

Comment

• 1. Maya moved first in 1295 (correctly)
                              2. I then moved afterwards in 1295 (correctly)
                              3. Then late in 1295 Maya has landed a maceman two squares away from a city of mine (Neapolis).
                              4. Maya has then moved first in 1300, which would have been correct except for point 3 - because of 3 it is a double move. I should have had the chance to respond.

Do you have a proof for this?
                              a screenshot?
                              I always make a save just before I end my turn.

That way I can always get back (in a direct-ip game) to the situation how it was just before I ended my turn.

Maybe you overlooked, you say. But you aren't sure.
                              I hope that the Maya can also elaborate.

I still don't understand why you did not just move first in the next turn.

Comment

• CS, can you confirm the holiday plans for the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X