Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, in many ways the Viking storyline I'm going down is an extension of the Korean storyline already started involving Harald Sigurdsson. So maybe they should just vote for Korea then. I think its better that Oldonia has a story/culture/foreign policy for everyone and it makes that corner of the globe more important or at least involved.

The story of Harald becoming the King of Oldonia is linked with the storyline I've already started with Jumong and Harald, so they are interconnected. But if everyone agrees I won't continue.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• If it helps any, Capo is not writing this story by himself. I believe he has the help of several other players in developing the storyline, so instead of 2 story votes, it should be 1 vote and 1 diplomacy vote
      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Seems a bit of a shame not to have some Viking stories if someone is willing to write them. But i'd say: 1. no voting for the vikings stories and 2. we should be clear that a new player can take things off in a completely new direction.

While on the topic - can we have an update on who is subbing for who? I have lost track and fear I am going to start secret diplomacy with nation A against B and find that they are currently being played by the same person.

Comment

• I still haven't revieved any news from the Russian player, so I don't even know if there is someone subbing for him.

:?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome
            Seems a bit of a shame not to have some Viking stories if someone is willing to write them. But i'd say: 1. no voting for the vikings stories and 2. we should be clear that a new player can take things off in a completely new direction.

While on the topic - can we have an update on who is subbing for who? I have lost track and fear I am going to start secret diplomacy with nation A against B and find that they are currently being played by the same person.
            Yeah, I certainly wasn't trying to take points away from anybody, I was only trying to breathe life back into the Oldonian Empire. Dealings with the Oldonians are fine, I won't play them as Korean allies/vassals, although there will be the obvious fact that I know what is going on with both of them. But there are no plans to match Oldonian policy to Korean. So feel free to make deals, not to mention Korea is basically neutral in a lot of conflicts (despite its friendship with Greece and Maya, which is based more on proximity than any type of foreign policy) including the current ones. So if you want to trade with Oldonia just send them a PM as you would any other nation.

I think currently NOBODY is Russia (unless CS is playing for them), I am playing for the Vikings/Oldonians, and apparently Whiplash has left but nobody is saying what civ he was (for some reason) although I suspsect it is the Inca.

So we've got a few open slots. The options are to carve up the territory, although I absolutely DESPISE this option because it is unfair to players. Basically only countries that are close have an opportunity to take them. So I think we should just have temporary subs (like we do now) and attempt to get a new player for the civ. I know for a fact MMC has been talking to deity dude so he may be able to take up the reigns of one of these civilizations. Although he doesn't seem to want to post very often, so we should try and have him replace Oldonia or Russia. Since there isn't a whole lot of posting coming from the other continent, and I don't see a point in adding another light-poster to that area.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Stinky played the last turn so I think he/she's stilll with us. Why would they leave?

Comment

• not beink dead yet. merely unciv-able.

Comment

• I'm not able to post on my Pitboss account. Who do I have to talk to to get that fixed?

Comment

• What error do you get? are you logged in?
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes - I (Pitboss Rome) have the same problem. The error message is:
                      -------------------
                      You have no permission to access this page. Your account has been temporarily been disabled because your e-mail address is either non-existant anymore or your inbox is full (or there is some other malfunction with your e-mail).
                      Edit your profile updating your e-mail address field and contact us to enable your account. Thank you for your cooperation
                      --------------------

Comment

• More Importantly, I think there has been a double move which would have very serious consequence for me

I might be wrong, of course, in which case it is my fault for overlooking the invading forces, however, as far as i can see.

1. Maya moved first in 1295 (correctly)
                        2. I then moved afterwards in 1295 (correctly)
                        3. Then late in 1295 Maya has landed a maceman two squares away from a city of mine (Neapolis).
                        4. Maya has then moved first in 1300, which would have been correct except for point 3 - because of 3 it is a double move. I should have had the chance to respond.

I have logged in still within the 6 hour window to find that this maceman is now inland next to a city. A place what necessarily takes two moves to get to.

Not only am i as sure as i can be that it hasn't landed when I took my turn in 1295, my events log shows no enemy within the vicinity of Neapolis in 1295, but reports enemy near Neapolis twice in 1300. Since it is a single unit of macemen, the only explanation I can think of is that it landed from teh coast (two squares from Neapolis) late in 1295 after I had taken my turn, and then moved again early in 1300 before i had taken my move and before the 6 hours. Hence its presence being reported twice in my event log for 1300. A definite double move. Teh Civ Stas shows that Maya was still logged in long after I took my turn and logged out in 1295.

Very happy to be proved wrong, in which case the fall of Neapolis would be my fault. But until then, I will pause from moving.

Comment

• This problem occurs because apolyton tries to notify you (about pm's or new posts) on a mail address that's not reachable.

1. what is your mail address in your poly profile?
                          2. is this still reachable? ( I just tested rome A-T diplo plomp eu, which worked fine)
                          3. if 1 is the problem, chance the mailfile to rome a-t diplo plom eu, and then notify Ming.

If it's th 2nd, please let me know so that I can check again.

Comment

• Politely, I think that there is a problem.

The registered email address for Pitboss Rome is the Diplo account which is stillworking - I certainly haven't changed anything.

I have also just been contacted by the Piercians who say that they are having the same log in problem as well.

One is a pain, two is a co-incidence, three is

Comment

• Sorry for not posting lately, I see that some civs want me to post. Currently I am on vacation thus i have no time for any stories. In a couple of days when I am back i will catch up with the stories.

Comment

• Rome: contact Ming!

Comment

Working...
                                X