Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea well both teams suck. Redskins & Ravens are both good teams. Not quite a fair comparison. Tigers games are always sold out.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
      Ozzy, Nationals Park and Camden Yards are the two closest baseball fields, and they are NEVER "packed." Sometimes there are a lot of people, but never as packed as Redskins or Ravens games. I LOVE going to baseball games too, but let's not kid ourselves here.
      Finally someone who understands but I must say your choice of teams disturbs me. Eagles are a much better example to use the redskins.

Comment

• one demands that therefore I let him move first next turn
        I wasn't demanding. Just letting you know that as of that turn I could see your units, so the double move 6 hour rule would be back in effect.

Then I ended my turn, thus putting you on the back end of the 6 hour rule.

Wasn't trying to be sneaky, or exploitative, or whatever... just trying to follow (and get others to follow) these ever evolving double move rules.
        Last edited by Pitboss Maya; December 13, 2008, 12:58.

Comment

• Phillies won the world series but other then the playoffs and the world series game I have never seen their stadium packed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
            Football is the best.
            Since the sport was invented in England, I believe I should make a comment. There are many variations around the world, the most prevalent being:
            • Football (Soccer to uneducated Americans)
            • Gaelic Football (the only version developed independently from Football)
            • Rugby Football (Union or League - alternative rules from Rugby Public School)
            • Gridiron Football (American or Canadian - both based on Rugby)
            • Australian Rules Football (again based on Rugby)

Of these, Rugby is probably my prefered version - mainly because there's no wimpy padding involved.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I must admit Ruby is a manly sport but still not as manly as American football.

Comment

Finally someone who understands but I must say your choice of teams disturbs me. Eagles are a much better example to use the redskins.
                My choice of teams disturbs you? Look where I live wise-ass!

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC
                  [*]Football (Soccer to uneducated Americans)
                  Man, that was an ******* comment for you to make. First of all the reason it is called Soccer here and not football is because of the Association of Football, which we had here making rules for what we now call soccer (it may have a different name, but Association is the key word here), and then we had football which was a collegiate sport and didn't have an official rule-making body. So The difference between Association of Football and college football was always written down in news papers as Assoc. Football. Eventually America's love of slang terms turned Assoc. Football into Soccer.

Calling someone uneducated just because they don't talk like a British person is just plain ignorant, and insulting.

I may refer to Soccer as football in conversations with you, or refer to football as American football in conversations with you but that is for YOUR benefit. Soccer is soccer and football is football to me.

Comment

• Actually, what I meant by that comment was that an educated American would know that an English person doesn't call the game Soccer. Whereas an uneducated American might not know that, and might think that I was talking about Gridiron Football.

I did not mean that Americans are stupid... at least not with that comment
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

I must admit Ruby is a manly sport but still not as manly as American football.
                      The biggest difference between Rugby and Gridiron Football is the amount of padding the players use. Rugby players are man enough to not need anything more than a gum-shield, and even that is optional. No helmets, soft pads, cups or anything else like that needed.

Comment

• So they want to all kill themselves that is fine but not half as exciting as American Football.

Comment

• Actually, what I meant by that comment was that an educated American would know that an English person doesn't call the game Soccer.
                          Considering America pretty much dictates entertainment standards in the world... isn't "soccer" more appropriate then "football" despite the fact that it doesn't have much of a following here?

Comment

• To avoid any misunderstandings, I've just logged in to do some storying, score has changed because there was a diplomatic deal waiting for me which I had to deal with. Nothing moved. Just can't wait for the turn to flick over and see what the Maya, Piercians, Spartans and Rus are going to try next., or who is else is going to have a go - Portuguese probably.

Comment

• Can I join in

Comment

• The Capo: I don't think it's good idea that you start to create extensive stories for both Korea and Vikings.

Especially not because it's not fair for the voting if one player plays two civ.
                                Take into account that you're seen as the best story teller out there, then all the other civs have to fight for the 3rd spot.

I'd say: just lead the Vikings till they get a new player. I haven't done any story telling for them either. I think it's just not fair.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X