This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whip[lash

Is this ok with everybody? I could leave now and let Japan take over, or wait for an entirely new player.
    you still haven't even said what civ you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
      In my opinion all this rule talk is meaningless without a real penalty so why even bother? I mean come on who will listen to a rule that is not even enforced? You can ***** and complain all you want but instead of trying to rewrite the rules why not try to enforce them for a change.
      When you play a game with your friends you always have penalties for when people break the rules?

When you play a game of soccer people who make hands have to pay $100?

When you play monopoly and someone cheats he must sit in his room for 1 hour?

We're adults, right?
      We can observe rules, right? It's not that hard.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes we are adults but not all adults observe the rules. If we all observed the rules then this 6hr rule would not continue to come up yet low and behold it has again. All I'm saying is maybe a little more needs to happen to ensure the rules are followed. Thats all I'm saying.

Comment

• By the way soccer is a womans sport. Football is better.

Comment

• Nobody has broken any rules so far, there have been a few problematic moments. But as far as I know did nobody intentionally break any rules.

No, soccer is the worlds biggest sport.
            Only yanks don't appreciate it.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I won't be able to move anytime soon.
              I'm fine with Rome moving early next turn (before the 6 hours)

And I agree with the 2 new rules.

Comment

• So... Rome, did you move your troops after I moved mine this turn, or not ?
                of course I didn't! I had already ended turn.

Please I have no interest, never had, never will, in making a double move. I'm just trying to make sense of a game where two opponents both end their turn while i am in the middle of moving and then
                - one demands that therefore I let him move first next turn
                - the other waits until i have finished my turn, before carrying on.

Not asserting that anyone deliberately did was trying to gain advantage, though intentions or not it creates a nightmare to try to deal with, with real IG effects.

As far as i can see we have to go for both of CS suggestions. The 6 hour rule only makes sense if there is a clear point at which you finish moving - when you end turn. This way if you want to keep logging in and moving different units at different times, fine you can, but you be assumed to have finished moving when you finally end turn. And yes, either we have simultaneous moves (in which case there is no 6 hour rule) or we don't. You can't have simulatenous moves but one person finishing a few minutes earlier and claiming the other then has to wait

Comment

• Soccer might be the biggest but it is not the best. Football is the best.

Comment

• In order to avoid missunderstanding : I will wait for Rome to finish his NEXT turn before I move again.

From now on, I won't press enter before having finished EVERYTHING I intend to do in a turn.

Comment

• No love for baseball?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Sorry but baseball is boring. It is fun if your playing but watching is no fun at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
                          Sorry but baseball is boring. It is fun if your playing but watching is no fun at all.
                          Odd statement for someone who likes strategy games. Baseball is all about strategy: where to pitch, swing for power or contact, pull the ball or opposite field, send or hold the runner, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Celts

Odd statement for someone who likes strategy games. Baseball is all about strategy: where to pitch, swing for power or contact, pull the ball or opposite field, send or hold the runner, etc.
                            That is all 100% true when you are playing but where is the fun in watching? There are tons of other sports that use strategy and are exciting but Baseball is not one of them. Just think about it, when (other then playoff or the world series) have you ever seen a packed stadium?

Comment

• All the time.

I go to baseball games often.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ozzy, Nationals Park and Camden Yards are the two closest baseball fields, and they are NEVER "packed." Sometimes there are a lot of people, but never as packed as Redskins or Ravens games. I LOVE going to baseball games too, but let's not kid ourselves here.

Comment

Working...
                                X