X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM box now empty.

Thought I did it last week.
    Last edited by Pitboss Maya; December 11, 2008, 08:37.

Comment

• If everyone is wondering what I am up to in the story threads here it is. I am offering to play as Oldonia. My reasons were repeated there, but the reasons are all true and here they are;

1) Ras did ask me at least twice, maybe more, to become my vassal. I know that isn't necessarily a great point, but its a point none-the-less.

2) In Oldonian story posts there are many instances where Korean support against barbarians and insurgents is mentioned.

3) The character Harald Hardrada Sigurdsson is the ONLY remaining Oldonian character, and was invented by Korea. Storyline-wise he makes the most sense to become the next leader of Oldonia, and since he has been travelling with Koreans and owes his life to Koreans, it would be natural that there be a connection.

So I believe my proclamation and request has merits. I will make them vassals if that is what is required so there is a slight punishment on upkeep costs. And of course I will actively search out a replacement player, since it seems nobody is doing that now, and have them replaced with a real player. I just think in the meantime I can handle posting for the Vikings/Oldonians as well as Korea and give their culture/country a bit more flare and flavor. I also think I am capable, especially being a small country that is no at war with anybody and has even repaired my torn relations with Greece, of givnig true independence to Oldonia from Korean politics at least over the period of a few turns as Harald establishes power and until I find a new leader for Oldonia.

If you think it necessary you can delete all of their prior PMs, although I'd obviously rather you didn't. What does everyone think?

BTW, I also got at least four other countries to agree to this as well. So if necessary I can reveal them, but I'd rather have this play out IC rather than OOC. But seriously, I think its a good idea.
      Last edited by Pitboss Korea; December 11, 2008, 18:34.

Comment

• I'm fine with you taking over Oldonia (though I don't think you should do much story telling for them. Just keep things clean and let only real players do the diplo-game-stuff)

But making Oldonia a vassal will totally criple your economy, I don't think that's a good idea.

I'm also fine with continueing to sub for Oldonia till we found someone.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I have finished my turns. I've done all my moves.
          I assume that I can login to the game just to watch how Rome responded to my actions?

Just want to be sure.

Comment

• sure why not

Comment

• Sorry folks, I have a major problem.

Piercia ended turn, and then after he ended turn, he then declared war on me and moved troops into my territory.

My understanding is that this is not allowed. You can't end turn then carry on moving. When Piercia ended turn I assumed that this meant he couldn't declare war this turn, and certainly couldn't invade and so moved troops and made other moves on that basis, and then ended by own turn.

I am not going to respond in kind by logging in again and moving despite the fact I have ended turn - I am sure if I did Sparta and the Maya would be unhappy.

What is the right and wrong in this?
              How do we go forward?

(very happy to be at war, its just this moving after ending turn which i don't understand - does everyone do this?)

Comment

• IMHO your turn 'ends' when you moved your last troop. It would be best for all parties and for clarity to mark that by ending the turn technically.

Let's not try to mislead each other by game mechanics.
                According to the log, Rome, Maya and Piercia were logged in at about the same time.

this is my personal opinion, but I think that we shouldn't argue about 'who ended the turn last' when you guys were logged in at the same time.
                Waiting 6 hours because one civ made his last move 40 seconds after the other makes no sence, imho.

Please guys, try to play fair, don't abuse the game mechanics. (this is more a request then a judgemental to anybody!)
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Does that mean i can log in and move my troops now then?

Comment

• If your troops have movement points left for this turn, you can for sure.

However, if you move them now, you will have to wait until I have played my turn next turn. If you don't move them now, I will have to wait for you to play your turn next turn.

Any objections to my reasoning ?

Comment

• So CS, can you PM or Plompmail me Oldonia/Vikings information for Apolyton, plompmail, and the game. It looks like everyone is recognizing Harald?

Comment

• I don't think this game is for me. I just don't have the time, inclination, interest in the story telling thingy.

While I've built a pretty nice empire, it's probably best that someone more inclined to this format take it over. I'd be happy to relinquish it to a sub.

Comment

• And what civ are you whiplash?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whip[lash
                            I don't think this game is for me. I just don't have the time, inclination, interest in the story telling thingy.

While I've built a pretty nice empire, it's probably best that someone more inclined to this format take it over. I'd be happy to relinquish it to a sub.
                            Ah come on.

I think everyone in this game is doing brilliant in one way or another.

I miss Raz too. But I know he has very serious home issues

I think the original Rome player might be available about now - he mentioned it a few weeks back.

So maybe he can take back Rome and the sub that is doing Rome could cover for you if you insist on leaving.

But please do not leave!

Comment

• IMHO your turn 'ends' when you moved your last troop.
                              Your turn also ends if the timer counts down and you haven't manually ended your turn.

This is important in order to close a loophole in the double move rule.

Now... CS.... so there is no bickering....

After this turn we are adhering to the 6 hour rule???

Comment

• But I know he has very serious home issues
                                Home issues or mental issues?

He never mentioned real life obligations or problems. He bailed because the game and his civ were not going the way he thought they should.

Which is a weak excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X