Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've re-read what I said 10 times but I still don't see how I said anything about my identity. All I said was that I'm fine if Russia controls both the Vikings and Russia for a brief period.

Comment

• Russia sent me a PM telling me about his idea.

Well, I agree with TheCapo. I am fine with subing for Russia for a short period, but I wouldn't like to play two civs.

So what are we doing about the holliday period in the end ?

Comment

• The rules of the game say one turn a day.

On other occassions if people can't make it they make arrangements, ie sub or AI etc.

Just play right through please.

Comment

• Although I agree with Khmer regarding the turns, I also understand a significant amount of players will not be around in the upcoming weeks.

I would say change it to a 48 hour timer until after the holidays.

Comment

• I'd be happy to keep playing through the holidays, though can see the argument for a longer timer.

Also happy for Piercia to sub for Russia temporarily - certianly an appropriate manifestation of vassalage - just as long as what is going on regarding the long term is clear, open and fixed.

Comment

• Ok, let's make a clear list: who can't play during the hollidays, and exact from when till when?
              Also tell what is possible for you. (ie. turns of 48 hours or 72 hours, or just nothing at all)
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Nothing at all for me.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• 72 hours should work for me from Dec. 24 - Jan 4.

Comment

• 48 or 72 doesn't matter, but this should only be for a couple of days. Then back to the 19hrs.
                    Last edited by Pitboss Portugal; December 4, 2008, 11:23.

Comment

• Portugal, could you sub for me while I am away?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• You can count on me Ozzy!

Comment

• I can't play from around the 15th.

And currently my civ isn't doing anything independent except for maybe some tentative diplomacy. It really is a shame, but I've looked over the situation a dozen times and can't seem to find a way to develop that particular corner of the world. One option would be to destroy 2 of my cities, replace them in a somewhat better spot, but that would mean losing valuable resources that was the reason I plotted them down in those fairly poor positions to start with. The main issue is a near total lack of hills in my lands, and if I make watermills and workshops that will destroy my economy. There is very few food resources and very few other resources. That's the problem with Russia, its so damned bland. No resources. Just endless grasslands in one half end endless plains hills in another. How the hell do I develop that?

Comment

• Only Pinchak can really say for sure, but you might have a ton of Coal, Oil, and/or Uranium hiding away in your lands. I wouldn't give up too soon.

Regarding availability, I can plan pretty much every day, but I still support an extended timer. And to those who are desperate for Civ over the Christmas period, I say only that we have already announced a possible Christmas game for those who can make it.
                            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• There's a chance I'll miss a turn, but then again its equally likely that I will not. And I tend to miss a turn per week anyway; so I guess what I'm saying is that it won't be different from my normal availability really. I don't have that much family here anyway and I'm not going out of town this year. So whatever you decide is okay with me.
                              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Russia
                                I can't play from around the 15th.

And currently my civ isn't doing anything independent except for maybe some tentative diplomacy. It really is a shame, but I've looked over the situation a dozen times and can't seem to find a way to develop that particular corner of the world. One option would be to destroy 2 of my cities, replace them in a somewhat better spot, but that would mean losing valuable resources that was the reason I plotted them down in those fairly poor positions to start with. The main issue is a near total lack of hills in my lands, and if I make watermills and workshops that will destroy my economy. There is very few food resources and very few other resources. That's the problem with Russia, its so damned bland. No resources. Just endless grasslands in one half end endless plains hills in another. How the hell do I develop that?
                                I hear you. My land is very poor and boring in my corner of the world too.

Comment

Working...
                                X