X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have voted.

Let me suggest something :

How about a pausing of the game between the december 23 and january 2 ?

I'd say almost everybody will have other things in mind during those days. What do you guys think ?

Comment

• I'm fine with pausing, we can also use a 48 hour timer or 72 hour. Then the game proceeds when everybody has done it's turn, but there's no rush.

I'm also fine with just continueing the game.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I nothing planned other then working between those dates so keeping it up would give me something to do other then getting wasted. At the same time I ok with it because I know many would rather spend that time with their families.

Comment

• 48 hr time works good.

Comment

• I will be in another state, with no civ access for much of that time. I strongly support pausing the game.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Let's make a christmas vote ! Send one of the following to the "Votes" mail :

- Continue with 24h timer
              - Continue with 48h timer
              - Continue with 72h timer
              - Pause

I won't have access to my computer from 23rd to 29th, so my vote will be pretty obvious

Comment

• No Pausing please!!

- Continue with 24h timer
                - Continue with 48h timer

Anyone missing can always request a sub.

Actually pausing the game may hurt the game than help it. So 100% no to pausing.

Comment

• I can play every day without much problem, however I do think a longer timer is a good idea.

I vote for 48 or 72 hours, with the added caveat of no new wars until Jan. (Two reasons. One: It's supposed to be a season of good cheer and peace among men, and Two: Many people don't want to spend ages keeping an eye on their defences in the few times that they are able to login.)
                  Last edited by MMC; December 2, 2008, 15:33.
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I vote 24 hr. anyone can easly find a sub or just set a city to mass produce something. If anyone needs a sub I am more then happy to help out during this holiday time. I also agree with MMC, all wars should be put off until after we all get back. If you are bent on war use this time to build up so when we start again you can go all out.

Comment

• Responses are mixed.

Let's jus put the time on 100 hours, it's only a few days, we will survive (eventhough it'll be hard )

Maybe we should setup a 6 hour quick speed game for us suckers who stay home and need something to pass their time

Comment

• And we'll of course plot against those who're gone during that time

Sounds like christmas: joining together, talking, som wine, some nice food, planning wars for after new years eve!

Comment

• I like the way you think cyber

Comment

• Sounds like a compromise.

Comment

• I don't really care what you guys decide. I usually miss a turn per week anyway, so its not a big deal to me what happens.
                              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                                Maybe we should setup a 6 hour quick speed game for us suckers who stay home and need something to pass their time
                                We could use this game to trial the Diplomod and the Round-Robin idea. It can't hurt and it's no big deal, since it wouldn't be a full blown Diplo game.

I'd also say, keep the main Diplo rules out of it, although perhaps only tick the Diplomatic Victory option so the winner must be voted for.
                                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Working...
                                X