This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better to be unreasonable than paranoid

But yes I would agree with that rule change.

Comment

• I'm not paranoid and neither is the man behind the curtains!

Comment

• This whole double turn thing is a big issue. I think the easiest way to do it is if you are at war in any capacity you can't move again until 6 hours into the next turn in addition to the double move. I know this doesn't really ensure that no cheating will occur, it will at least prevent people from waiting to end their turn. Also it gives a good window, the liklihood of someone checking on when a turn ended and when it is six hours in is very low in my opinion. There is no guarantee when the turn ends anyway, so they won't be able to just check and see and come back (sometimes they end faster than the timer). So I think doing it like this is much better. And while it may not solve the problem, it makes it more difficult to cheat. Plus since log-ins are marked by the website its a lot easier to catch people this way instead of saying they can move some units but not attacking units. I think they shouldn't be able to move ANY units.

BTW: I thought this is what we voted on anyway.

Comment

• The double move rule is as follows, as noted on the first post of this and every organization thread...

- 6 hours time between moving during war-time Civilizations that are at war have to wait 6 hours between their moves. When all opponents have moved before those 6 hours have passed the player can move as again well. Thus, a civ at war can move after:

- 6 hours have passed since his last move
          - all his opponents have moved after his last move
          Until this is changed, this is what I expect, no more, no less.

Comment

• Yeah but I thought it was clarified through the vote that the six hours meant six hours INTO the next turn, not necessarily six hours after you actually move. If that were the case it would be pointless.

Comment

• wow so many possible exploits i would never have thought of but will now.

cool

you guys are jsut so sneaky.....

Comment

• Yeah but I thought it was clarified through the vote that the six hours meant six hours INTO the next turn, not necessarily six hours after you actually move. If that were the case it would be pointless.
                I agree with Korea and Maya, Sparta and Rome you are confusing the whole thing.

This is what we have as a rule and what will stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Example:

Rome ends the old turn, timer turns he HAS no right to move for 6 hours, when 6 hours are over he can get in and move, BUT NOT BEFORE THAT.

Rome and Sparta when you take your turns you move and that is it!! Period!! Even a child knows its cheating if you log in and do not move some of your units just to log off and wait for your enemy to take his turn. Then log back in and use what you haven't moved the 1st time to attack him. All this happening in the same turn.

Now you can log in as much as you wish to look around, but no more moving troops, you had your chance the first time.

Comment

• Very happy to take correction on this.

But just to clarify:

Is the rule, in war-time:

A. When you log in, you move all your units. No 'moving some early and moving some late'. You move them all, then you end turn. After that of course you can log in again to look, but you can't move any units.

or

B. Yes moving some early and moving some late is allowed, but once you do finally end turn, no more units can be moved, and you can't then log in and begin moving until 6 hours after.

You guys set it up - tell me and I will obey!

Comment

• Rome good question!

FOLLOW please A Plus having to wait 6hrs if you are the last to end turn and restart the timer. If you enemy takes his move before those 6hrs you are free to enter and take you move again after he moves.

B. is explotable as i already said.

Comment

• I think the rule should just be you can't move any of your units in a war until 6 hours into the next turn. This way there is no chicanery, no shenaniganry, and no tomfoolery.

This removes all exploits. And yes, you do have the opportunity to pull a "double move" theoretically by finishing your turn, and then waiting until exactly 6 hours into the next turn and moving again, but so does your enemy, and its unlikely considering that the turn doesn't always end at exactly the same time (if everyone finishes and there is still time on the clock the turn will finish early for example) that this will happen. So I think a simple wait six hours into the turn to move during wartime is best.

Comment

• I REALLY wish people would have given a f*ck about this when me and Ras brought it up by the way. This is what happens when you wait until the last minute to worry about something.

Just for future reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome
                          Very happy to take correction on this.

But just to clarify:

Is the rule, in war-time:

A. When you log in, you move all your units. No 'moving some early and moving some late'. You move them all, then you end turn. After that of course you can log in again to look, but you can't move any units.

or

B. Yes moving some early and moving some late is allowed, but once you do finally end turn, no more units can be moved, and you can't then log in and begin moving until 6 hours after.

You guys set it up - tell me and I will obey!
                          no such rule

only two rules..the tech trade rule and 6 hr turn timer rule.

you can login as many times as you want, move some untis come back later and then move others. it not good it an exploit but it hasnot been ruled out YET..

Comment

• I'll update the rule page, it's indeed not clear.

And maybe Korea can calm down a bit on this? As far as I can see did neither Rome nor Sparta exploit this thing, all they did was raise the question because it was unclear.

We should not start a fight on all those small issues.
                            Issue discussed, and corrected, now all be nice again!

*CyberShy hides his terrible mod stick under the table again*
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Changed rule into:

- 6 hours time between moving during war-time
                              Civilizations that are at war have to wait 6 hours after the new turn started after their last move. When all opponents have moved before those 6 hours have passed the player can move as again well.

Thus, a civ at war can move after:
                              - 6 hours have passed since the new turn started after his last move
                              - all his opponents have moved after his last move
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Cyber.

Khmer is wondering if you can help us. I want to send a pic to another nation but there doesn't seem to be any option to 'attach file'.

Can you help?

Comment

Working...
                                X