X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it was his cat again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss America
      Which (civ) pitboss account is Metalheads?

Is everyone using the diplo email accounts for official communiques?
      I can be reached by e-mail:
      alex@oneandfour.org

or AIM:
      LazerKP

or Yahoo:
      OzzyKP

or MSN:
      ozzykp@aol.com

or... if you must... CivStats.

The plomp e-mail I have never used.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
        Maybe it was his cat again.
        :meow:

In fact, Thomas de Felinica, Governor of the Holy Roman colony of Lubeck and environs, the same Thomas whose foot stomping resulted in the urban engineers placing Nuremburg in the wrong place, is also wholly responsible for this latest diplomatic disaster. He would be recalled immediately, but his family is very powerful in both church and commerce. The Emperor is trying to deal with the situation.

More in the story thread shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC
          If you're using VNC (like me), then you won't be able to actually play Civ, because even if you play in Window mode, all you'll see is black where the DirectX stuff (ie the whole game) goes.

However, you may be interested in www.streammygame.com so you can connect via your laptop/mobile phone combo and play that way.
          It's indeed VNC.
          Right now the cell phone prog isn't working
          It worked the first time, when I tried it the day after, it failed.

I'll check out "streammygame"! Thank for the hint.
          I"m not sure if playing through my cell phone is really something I want to do though
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

The problem i the wireless signal I have been using. There is nothing i can do about it for another two months when I return to the US again.
            Are you sure it's only the wireless signal?
            Everytime you have logged in I have to restart the pitboss server because the game has some problem and eating up all my resources. (even when you're already logged out again!)

Comment

• And I am in the game now, and it has been held up for ages now with Japan trying to join the game. Not the first time it has happened.

Comment

• Anyone else having ages with gmail. I am getting email returned from the Khmer - similar to what happened with those votes I sent to the 'vote' address. This is the message I get back from gmail.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

khmer@diplo.plomp.eu

Technical details of permanent failure:
                Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 Mail from holy_roman@diplo.plomp.eu rejected for policy reasons. (state 13).

----- Original message -----

Received: by 10.181.221.15 with SMTP id y15mr584131bkq.121.1226772567082;
                Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:09:27 -0800 (PST)
                Received: by 10.181.212.17 with HTTP; Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:09:27 -0800 (PST)
                Message-ID:
                Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 13:09:27 -0500
                To: "Pitboss Khmer"
                Subject: Third Try with this message
                MIME-Version: 1.0
                Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
                boundary="----=_Part_7876_31770172.1226772567068"

------=_Part_7876_31770172.1226772567068
                Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
                Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
                Content-Disposition: inline

Comment

• Maybe your IP is on a spam-blacklist?

Comment

• Japan, your last login caused no problems! What did you do different? Maybe that helps solving this issue!

Comment

• I have switched to another signal. but i have probles getting a good signal so it takes a few more tries to get on.

Comment

• Not sure why that would happen, CS, but would explain it.

Khmer - resending via civstats.

I gather we do not have access to PM's with these accounts.

Comment

• Did the message include an attachment? That can sometimes raise the spam-rating of a message, particulary if you're getting error 554.
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I use these blacklists:
                            bl.spamcop.net
                            sbl.spamhaus.org

Maybe you can check if you're on one of these.
                            I also reject e-mails sent from a not-existing domain or ip. It'll also be rejected if the "fom" or "reply to" address of the sender contains weird information.

Do you know what your 'from' or 'reply to' address is?

Perhaps you can send an e-mail to: (remove QWERTY) rmQWERTYplomp AT xsQWERTY4all dot nQWERTYl

then I can check your from info.

Comment

I have switched to another signal. but i have probles getting a good signal so it takes a few more tries to get on.
                              It must give you headaches! I see that it's hard for you to login to the game. Good luck!

Comment

• I know. I can't wait to get home where the internet is fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X