Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone found a possible sub for my civ?

I think a permsub or even a temporary sub for the next 2 months would be best... also is Cyber still playing my turns? It makes little sense for everyone to wait 24 for Rome... also AI would just settle in the wrong spots..

Comment

• We have a sub and yes, I'm playing your turns!
      The sub will be perm. Maybe we have another civ for you when you return
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by deity

It spoils the great Rome story line. But I think you as a player (whoever you are) throw these nervous wobblies after dishing out stuf IC and then get very anxious about repercussions.
        I don't know what you mean exactly.

At the time I quit I had good relations with Russia, Portugal, Wyandot, Piercia and several more distant nations. Rome had nothing to fear in its immediate neighbourhood and any agressive war in the next 1000 years on our part would be a waste of resources.

I basically quit because of OCC reasons, those who keep track of off topic and know my real identity have probably guessed the reason.

I would be happy to return as a sub some time later Beyond the Pit is a great game.

Comment

• Your more then welcome to sub for me if I need one. I could use someone like you to turn Japan into a powerhouse.

Comment

• Capo. You show an amazing ability to alienate people you don't agree with. Allow me to turn your own words against you. Peace.

As for my involvement, the reason I joined this game is because it was a pitboss game. Which meant that I didn't have to be on top of everything every constantly. The whole point was to reduce the amount of participation required. But you and Raz and some others have done the opposite. You're posting a page every turn. You don't like the fact that I find your stories to be too long, too frequent and too dull? Your problem, not mine. I don't care what you think about my opinions. You can get as riled up as you want, but I would prefer it if you would grow up.

I understand the concept of diplogames, but not every player has the capacity or opportunity to contribute 12 000%. I admit my participation has been sub-standard, but I have been busy and I have had other problems. If you can't respect that, that's you, again, being immature. I'm making a comeback now, but as you said, I haven't participated enough lately (most of september) and as such I feel that it would be unreasonable for me to vote for events that I haven't followed. Yes, I could read through all the stories and look for war events, diplomacy moves and (lord help me) storytelling posts, but I'd prefer to be honest and say, I wasn't there, I shouldn't have a vote for the near month I was absent.

I read some of the stories. I enjoyed some of them. But I'd rather pass this vote over rather than sit down for 3 hours and read through, then evaluate the WHOLE MONTHS posts compared to eachother. Obviously I will read more frequently this months posts and vote for october.

I understand that the storytelling part of diplogames is important, but some players take it to an extreme. And if Raz and Capo want to play a diplogame all by themself writing novels for each civ they play, go ahead, I'm not stopping you. But I'm playing this game and your attitude is not going to chase me off. And I will be posting stories, but first of all I don't feel like sharing the workings of every peasant in my country, and furthermore I'm a backwards nation in a corner with relatively little wiggle room and very little going on. I'm looking to change that, but I have this quality called patience, and I'm not out to win the apolyton equivalent of the nobel prize for prolific literature as soon as possible.

Now, I've answered your "fu*k me", without using a single expletitive or vulgarism. Try to strive for adult conversation please?

Comment

• russia

There is always something to post about. It is jsut most people are so used to palying normal CIV games where they have t ohide everyting they doing.

DIPLO is not about that.

Every town being settled is a story, every barbarian encoutner is a story.

In addition DIPLO has also been a Role playing game where people will role play their leaders, role paly meetings with other civs.

I know some of the dynastic changes can be sometimes a littel over board, but it better than playing the same leader after 4000 yrs.

I certainly not agaisnt you being in the game. I am a littel disapointed you havent been round for a month and wont try and catchup on what has been occuring to give votes t othse that have put efforts into the game for the last month.

We all need to remember that the out of game voting is going to determine the winner of this game, the in game score is only 25% of the total final score.

So some people put a lot of eeffort into the in game score others put an effort into the out of game score, story telling and diplo activities.

By not voting you are penalising the people who put extra effort in.

Just my opinion of course.

Comment

• I'll take that into consideration raz. And you make a good point that I should try to get a hold on what has happened in recent years. On the other hand, my nation is quite isolated and as such has had little dealings with other nations. Lack of knowledge on the matter is then only natural.

And the story posts are not difficult to rate, they're just a LOT to read. however, voting for military and diplomatic achievements is VERY hard when I have no idea what has gone on in other lands and can't trust story posts since they are often extremely elaborate and unconnected to the game. Reading Japan's stories it would seem they by now have fought more wars than all the countries in medieval europe, combined. I find that rather confusing when evaluating military achievement. That is what I'm talking about, the completely unrelated to the game stories that go on and on about something that didn't happen in the game, or might be represented by a single barb vs player battle. I understand that story writing is important, and with few players even more so, but with 18 players, people should be posting fewer, more relevant stories, not more unrelated story stuff. I know that is a category for voting, but it should be weaved into the diplomacy and war posts, not run rampant as is currently. I could write a novel about the intrigue in the Rus ruling family. I could write a historical treatise on the achievements and rise of the Novgorod Trading League, I could write a 500 page social anthropological analysis of Rus culture. I'm not going to. I want my posts to be entertaining, not elaborate.

I can skim through the story thread for september and through in some votes tomorrow.

And just a minor detail. You talk about reading posts and you are quite prolific yourself. I wonder then how it is that you communicate to Peter as the Russian leader, despite my post saying no less than 3 times that the leader is Mikhail, and saying once that Pitr is dead. Did you read MY post? The one small post I've made?

Comment

• It is to my own lament that i no longer write down in my excel spreadsheet the leader changes.

But on this issue , for next game, i belive we have t oremove the Military vote.

Having a story tellers vote and a Dipl Vote is ok as people can tel lwho is the better story telers whether by quality or quantity or both. and the Diplo stuff is fairly obvious too.

Look at who avoids wars, makes deals that are not with allies. Someone who gets others to look like the bad guy . Someone who has utilised storys and PMs and Emails to coerce yourown people.

But military is not so obvious. A small war , a fake war, a barbarian war. are they any differnet.

Is using troops to prevent a war worth military votes.

I think the resutls of military actions will show in game score so no need to hav eit in next game

Bear in mind i am not asking to remove it from this current one.

Comment

• ATTENTION: Someone just sent me a diplomatic message via civstats.

I have no idea what my username or password is for that, so i cannot retrieve the message. NOR WILL I ATTEMPT TO. I use civstats only to check on the turn clock.

Whoever sent me the message, please send it to my APOLYTON PM mailbox.

This is the only one I will ever check. Why we use plompmail, civstats, and apolyton to send messages is beyond me.

And people wonder why sometimes messages don't get read.

Comment

• Just use PM as your first source.
                      use plompmail for voting. (e-mails get stored easier for later reference)

Comment

• @ Russia; I was responding to your condescending attitude in that post you made where you said you aren't keeping track, and haven't been from the begining. And the fact that you are busy has nothing to do with the game, if you are too busy to play maybe you shouldn't. And that isn't disrespectful, I have left a game because I didn't have time to give to it, Rome is doing it right now. There is nothing wrong with that. But you have managed to delay the game, you have managed to leave with no explanation on two seperate occasions. You can try and belittle me all you want, that's fine, but the facts are the facts. You are unreliable and you aren't taking it seriously. People write these stories because they are trying to get votes, and there's nothing wrong with that. That's the point of the game. I mean Cybershy goes through all this trouble to tally votes and get people to vote, he delays the voting time for people like you and you don't even care. Then he delays the turn timer because you weren't showing up, he played your turns because you weren't showing up and the least you could have done was say "hey guys, I can't play on x days," but you didn't do that. So don't try and say I'm less than adult simply because I said F*CK YOU.

@ Cybershy; my point is not that people don't care with a larger amount of people. My point is its harder to get subs with more people and a lot of posts go up quicker with so many people so its more difficult for people like Russia who take three hours (apparently) to read posts to keep up with what's going on. That's all I'm saying, obviously I don't care to stop the game and restart it with less people. But the fact of the matter is that its a little unweildy with so many people, albeit fun.

@ Russia again; And nobody said you have to post all the time, I haven't posted in a week, I never said there is anything wrong with that. Its just you don't have to try and make it out like you're so busy that to read a few pages of posts is going to kill you. And if you are that busy maybe you should free up some time in your life, perhaps starting with this game. Its not like anyone would notice anyway.
                        Last edited by The Capo; October 9, 2008, 23:08.
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• @Rome: don't forget to end your turn next time you play your turn!

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                            @Rome: don't forget to end your turn next time you play your turn!
                            Rome, you logged in again, but still didn't end your turn.
                            This is important, because when all players ended their turn, the turn proceeds. Otherwise we have to wait till the 21 hours are finished.

Comment

• Sorry! Will try to remember.

Comment

• yuo know the old rome leader was right. New rome falling down ladder of points.

Comment

Working...
                                X