This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyberShy
    Ok my fellow diplogamers, it's time to vote again!

Send your votes before the 4th of October!
    (FOURTH OF OCTOBER) to the vote-address.
    Everything you need to know about voting is in the first post of this thread)

Voting is about SEPTEMBER, there's a special story thead of SEPTEMBER with only stories/wars/diplomacy from SEPTEMBER! Just only vote for stuff that happened right there. (or in-game or in your pm folder of course)

Keep in mind: if you by accident already voted for some september-things in august, don't vote twice for it! You know what you have voted for.

From now on I'll create a new story thread for every month. Please let me do it, it's a pain to split/merge/copy/rename/alter threads already.

The vote-period is only 3 days. This to avoid getting disconnected from the period we vote for.
    If you really can't vote in these 3 days, ask for a delay.

Any questions: post there here, but first: read the first post of this thread throughout!
    I just got back into town and got life in order. Can I vote and be counted? Why just a 4 day window?

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
      Can anybody sub for America?
      America e-mailed asking me to sub, but I was out of town. I will sub for him until I hear that he is back.

Comment

• 4 day window to ensure people only vote for correct month, when it was longer voting was done for current month not the previous one which is incorrec.t.

Comment

• The breaking of the story thread into monthly threads should correct that. I don't much care either way. I can't sit there and read through all those posts. Too much storytime for my tastes. I'm all about diplomacy gaming, but I shouldn't have to write a book as I go along so that I can get votes.

Comment

• I wish people would stop calling this DIPLMACY gaming it is not.

It is DIPLO gaming.

DIPLO involves palying your character, stories to back up the in game activities.

It is not jsut about playing civ to the best of your ability and negotiating with other palyers for diplomacy.

So i glad you here and hopefully you wil llearn some more of this style,. but if it not what you into, then i guess you can return to the other DIPLOMACY games.

Comment

• ok mr portugese you came you saw you viewed my game..

Wheres my tips !!!!

Comment

• oops clicked worng civ just then ,.

it went into japanes ,,, i quickly exited when i saw i was in wrong nation

Comment

• I've just booted Russia from the game. He was logged in for 40 minutes and it was impossible to do my turn.
                  Since I was about to leave for work I thought I'd better boot him otherwise he might have been blocking everone fore 9 hours.

I'm sorry Russia, please login again to finish your turn if I booted you while you were just still busy doing your turn.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Celts

I just got back into town and got life in order. Can I vote and be counted? Why just a 4 day window?
                    yes, you can still voted. I extended the period with another 6 days (till october 10th).
                    You can request a delay if the 4-day window won't work.

The reason behind the 4-day window is that most people just delay their vote casting till short before the deadline. This results oftenly in bad memories about the period the voting is about.

Why not vote immediately, and give a delay to those who need one b/c they're out of town or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                      oops clicked worng civ just then ,.

it went into japanes ,,, i quickly exited when i saw i was in wrong nation

I feel so Violated

Comment

• Sorry, againk! I left kettle on. Or rather, I logged in, it take long time, so I make tea. Then I remember I have appointment and run out door. Most silly of me. Again, apologies

Comment

• no problem
                          Now vote for September

Comment

• @Vikings: I have sent you some notes to read.

@Russia: A story post would be nice to see what is going on with your civ.

Comment

• Yes. story post would be nice. unfortunately my people are currently too busy being whipped to death to make great improvements in ruskaya zemlya. And I cannot make honest vote since I have no chance of reading all the blabber in story thread.

but I make story. good story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                                I wish people would stop calling this DIPLMACY gaming it is not.

It is DIPLO gaming.

DIPLO involves palying your character, stories to back up the in game activities.

It is not jsut about playing civ to the best of your ability and negotiating with other palyers for diplomacy.

So i glad you here and hopefully you wil llearn some more of this style,. but if it not what you into, then i guess you can return to the other DIPLOMACY games.
                                Sorry, I don't see a difference in what you consider a diplo vs a diplomacy game. Both revolve around role-playing. Maybe diplo gaming means write a book to explain the entire history of your civilization. There is a fine line between explaining your activities through stories and writing novels. It's just not my style, but I still claim I'm diplo gaming just as you are. Whether I deem to call it a diplomacy game or squash doesn't really matter here.

Comment

Working...
                                X