X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MMC

Dibs on Rome
    Well I kind of plan on keeping at least one city.

I said scale down not quit.

Comment

• So let me get this straight.... since real life is taking up all your time you are going to give away most of your civ to surrounding civs???

What ever happened to finding a perm sub?

For the record, I am very against rome being auctioned off.

Comment

• Who said anything of payment? Also me switching is also good.

Comment

• I'm sorry but I do not see the logic in this. If you can't play why not just get a sub? Unless your giving away your army in that case I would be more then happy that take them off your hands

Comment

• I agree with Pinchak and Japan. If you don't have time to play then you don't have time to play. I don't understand how playing as another civ is going to effect the time you spend playing. Or making your civ smaller/weaker for that matter. The same time should/would be used for both it seems to me. Perhaps you should find a permenant substitute.

Comment

• I'm fine with you doing all of that, as long as you won't put one civ that much ahead that there's no fun for the rest of us anymore.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• The logic behind this proposal was for me to go OCC, and have a single city, preferably costal. Try to play a city state.

Also I couldn't bear that my nation which has a good chance at winning (I'd say around 9% with Khmer and Portugal each having 15%) would be run to the ground by an incompetent persmub.

But I suppose finding a permanent sub seems like the best idea now. Splitting up my empire would be too much, considering how well its doing. Now I suppose the rest of the player wouldn't let me give it all to one of the other players?

Now, I don't know anyone.... do you guys have any ideas?

Comment

• Also a quick question:

Permsubs respect the deals previously made right?

Comment

• Well, they continue the initial made story.
                    But stories evolve, and like you could break alliances and deals, so can they in the future.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I think the sub idea is probably best.

Any giving of Techs , vouchers , or armies to other civs would destasbilise the game too much . Obviously you owuldnt give an even amount to all civs so one civ or another would get an advantage it didnt deserve.

If we cant find a sub then worse case scenario is to goto full AI control.

Comment

• @ ROME

Rome I think that your problem is that you still can't separate Pitboss from the Reg MP game sessions.

Pitboss requires 5-10 mins a day to play max, which helps us live our lives and still be able to turn at night or early morning.

I think that maybe you are putting just too much time into every turn you take. I bet that only you and maybe Khmer are spending so much time per turn, thinking strategy, planning etc.

Pitboss sole purpose is to solve the being busy RL issues. It is one turn every 20hrs or so. Everyone even the Pope can do this.

My advice to you is to cut back 50% of all your diplomacy, well whatever else you do that consumes so much time.

Keep in mind that we all are busy people here, that is why we play Pitboss it still allows us to get our civ shot with little distraction from life.

On a side note:

Portugal doesn't want any Roman gifts (Techs, cities etc) if it comes to that.

Comment

• rome shouldnt be split up we need a perm sub..

Comment

• if it just a few weeks he needs to get through real life a Temp sub can play too.

it seems to me that unless he can put 100% commitment into the game he cant play, i respect him for that, but Mr Rome , you must realise it jsut a game. It doesnt matter who wins or loses as long as we all have fun allong the way.

If a new person takes over your civ and they fail to be top civ so what. it is all still good.

Comment

• @Rome would it help if we extended the clock a bit?

Comment

• Also I couldn't bear that my nation which has a good chance at winning (I'd say around 9% with Khmer and Portugal each having 15%)
                                Last time I checked Portugal and Khmer are far from winning, both nations are some where in the middle of the score table.

Comment

Working...
                                X