Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just logged in twice and got right in both times without a problem. Thanks Cyber!

Comment

• Great work CS

I was getting a bit nervous and perhaps a bit rude... since I need my diplo fix

Comment

• n/p, I get a bit nervous as well when I can't play my daily turn for a few days

Some people are addicted to alcohol or drugs. I'm addicted to civ, I think that's not that bad after all

And for my rebutall: see what MMC wrote.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• We should have called this game Civholics anonymous

Comment

• Well I would overdose if we ever considered this an addiction.

@CS. It is odd that the game just froze since even if there is a problem the game continues even if someone exits wrongly, but it is good that we are back in business.

Comment

• BTW Spain now that we know we have made contact... can you in the story thread tell me if you can attend? If your boat is still sailing somewhere in Phinchakian waters the city of Meeting should be accessible to you in a relatively brief period. Ask the Portugese for instructions or a screenshot of where the city is if you don't quite know how to reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                I'm just looking at what civstats says.
                It's always 100% correct for my (failed) login attempts.

That doesn't mean that I don't believe you, it most probably means that there's more going on at your side. You said you had these problems already saturday last week. That was before my connection problems started.

Are you sure that:
                - your virus scanner is off
                - your firewalls are off (maybe there's more then 1!) (maybe also one in your modem/router)
                - your router passes your civports to the correct computer?
                - you're not running other software that connects to the internet

while trying to connect?

You are able to play turns now and then, correct?
                Maybe compare the circumstances when you connect fine to when you fail to connect.

I'll double check everything at my side when I'm home tomorrow at about noon (European time) (CET)
                I'm at school, so I don't have much control over all of that. Seems odd though that I had no trouble until your server move was completed. maybe it is coincidence. As for today, same as usual. timing out consistently. Will try a reboot of my machine to see if that works.
                Last edited by Pitboss Celts; September 19, 2008, 12:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Spain
                  Well I would overdose if we ever considered this an addiction.

@CS. It is odd that the game just froze since even if there is a problem the game continues even if someone exits wrongly, but it is good that we are back in business.
                  There was a pop-up that said something like: "Can't save the recovery save for Khmer" apparantly it didn't continue as long as that pop-up was there.
                  But when I closed it and saved the game, it crashed after all.

I suspect that there is a memory leak or something somewhere in the pitboss server. I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

• I'm not addicted to Civ, but I am addicted to Dihydrogen Monoxide and Gox.

@Cyber: Which post are of mine are you refering to, and as a rebuttal to what?

Plus I don't think there's a memory leak in the everyday running portion of the Pitboss, but there might be one that only opens up when a certain (as yet unspecified) error appears. If you leave the error open too long you get problems.
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Formerly known as "CyberShy"

Comment

• Invitictus is the latin for Victory (it's also part of the motto of Kent County Council)
                        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I'm actually pretty sure that Victor means "Winner or victor" in Latin and Victoria means "Victory." Although I don't know what the word Invitictus means, I threw it in a translator and it didn't come up with anything. But apparently Invictus means "unconquered," so I am thinking that the word Invitictus probably means something in a negative, in = un.

Mars Exulti is a good chant too, but that is praising Mars the God of war, now that you are Jewish this wouldn't really be appropriate.

Comment

• We should close this thread and start Org Thread III.

Comment

• New thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=180662
                              Last edited by Robert; October 1, 2008, 08:42.

Comment

• n/m

Comment

Working...
                                X