This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok guys this is getting realyl silly.

there are jsut too many barbs to handle.

My civ is one of the smallest in the game and i stuck in a place surrounded by lots of nothing.,

i am building troops as fast as i can, cant settle any more vacant land due to the barb rush.

if this latest barb rush goes bad, i may not be able to continue to play.

i cant beleive how many babrs there are,

i have alwats played on huge worlds with lots of space but have never encountered this many before.

it is taking the enjoyment out of the game.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i just cant seem to stop them coming.

I didnt expect to ve a leader in this game, but these barbs are stopping me from doing anything but build units to repel them. it is boring and the latest bunhc of 4 lots of 4 stacked axemen is ridiculous.

watch this space...

Comment

I am experiencing something similar to Raz here. I've got around four barbarian axes outside of Seoul, which I will hopefully be able to rebuff, but my only source of copper is really far. There is also a second wave coming after Pyongyang from another direction, which may be a bit more difficult to stop now, and Wonsan was already destroyed (which was my closest city to the copper, but it was destroyed shortly after I built it. I am not going to stop playing until my country is destroyed, but I'm noticing that these barbarians seem to be coming from two directions that are sort of between me and another civ. In the first case its between me and the Maya and the second between me and Greece. I think this has to do with the number of civs in the game, because I doubt the barb setting is high.

Although I don't really know how the barbs work. So who knows, but it seems there are a lot of them due to complaints by other civs. I am not complaining, because it gives me plenty of stuff to post about now, but it does suck a little bit.

Any thoughts on why there are so many barbarians?

Comment

The number of barbs is also affected by the number of players and the game speed. How many 18 player, huge, epic games have you actually played?

Also, since I'm still on holiday and relegated to a mobile phone (which plays many games but not civ), I'm not going to be able to vote by the 14th
        Last edited by MMC; August 11, 2008, 20:03.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I'm sure the voting issue can be accomodated, I don't think that rule should be so strict, as long as you vote based on the proper time-frame, but I don't know, we'll see what CS says.

Comment

tell your votes to cs through pm.

Comment

jsut vote later if you have to mmc. the importnat thing is to remember the time fram you voting for

Comment

that works too i guess. i'm sure CS will understand if your late.

Comment

Originally posted by Toni
                  Guys I will be really disappointed in Rome for not pressing enter. Looks like this will be the 2nd turn in a row that we will have max timer because of him not being more careful.

Which turn was that?

On Sundays I often can't turn.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                    We vote for July only
                    We vote till August 14th
                    Who hasn't voted fir July yet? Could you please post the list?

Comment

In any case I didn't realize we already have a new org thread. There wasn't a link from the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss Rome

Who hasn't voted fir July yet? Could you please post the list?
                        Only 3 or 4 people voted for July.
                        Be aware: we vote FOR july IN august.

So right now we are voting for July.

I'll extent the voting period by 1 week to give everyone enough time. (till august 21th).
                        If that's not enough for MMC: no problem, just send it asap.

If others can't vote in time, please let me know on beforehand.

Regarind the barbs....I think there's nothing we can do about that right now
                        Maybe nearby civs can send you some help......
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

My votes for round 2 have been submitted.

Comment

Let's go Celts! I want to see if the barbs have killed me yet!!!

Comment

its ok you'll live.

Comment

[Suggestion] Tech trade rules supplemental

I chatted with Ozzy about my missunderstanding of the voucher rule. So i had an idea that could fix this problem, either for this game, or for games that are to come.

There is a problem when you want to trade minor techs for bigger techs. So i had an idea. Initially i thought about taking the beakers into consideration, but i didn't know how to find a system that works fine in every era. So here is what i have thought about.

Let's say China has a tech that costs 500 beakers, and wants to trade it with France, who only has three techs to offer. One of the three techs is a crappy 50 beakers tech, the others are 200 beakers techs. Basicly this would lead to a 450 for 500 beakers trade which is roughly a fair deal, especially if France sends 50 gold along with it.

But with the current system, China would have to spend one voucher, where France would have to spend 3. That IS unfair. Especially considering that China has just as much benefit (at least) by gaining the three minor techs.

Basicly, i suggest to count all this as one trade, because one side offers only one tech. Simple system, should work.

Now let's say China and France are very good friends, and later in the game, France offers a deal to china, giving 3 big techs for only one average tech, because China is at war with someone who france really doesn't like that much, and giving china access to theese three techs would ensure severe damage to china's ennemy. Would this still be one single trade ?

No. The simplest way to avoid exploits is to consider the side that gives the most beakers away as the one fixing the number of vouchers spent.

If we manage to make a vote about this, we could use this for this game. Since there has only been one trade so far, this wouldn't mess to many things up. However, i can understand if, considering that this trade has alread been made, it would be counted using the current rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X