Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to host. Tried several times. Please reload to ensure this turn is not lost. Thanks

Comment

• still unable also.

it say connect to host but times out and not get to choose civ.

suggest save game now all lease and MMC host for time now?

who has latest save?

Comment

• it still show me as online and i not. and since then no other show as logged in.

Comment

• Unable to connect to host.

I think we need to admit we are having severe technical difficulties. Even if people manage to get in they may have other problems, yesterdays turn was lost for me as well, and the one the day before since I couldn't move my units.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

@rome / celts
            Try it more then 1 or 2 times. It's often the 3rd or 4th attempt that works.
            Which part of several hours did you miss?

Also civ stats is completley wrong on log on off, it seems to record a few less failed attempts as successful logins.

I propose MMC hosts this for a week so Cyber can have some time to solve the problem.

Comment

• Still unable to connect ... Ganesh is a peer there but never connects to him. I suspect someone exited the game improperly and its hung. Please send out an announcement via email when this is back up. I'll consider this game dead until further notice otherwise. Too bad. Hope it starts again.

Comment

• Thankfully I have played my turn. I tried to get it but it would not move beyond connected to host.

Comment

• i ganesh never got in so could not exit wrongly. civstat show me as online as i say but i never am.

Comment

• Ok. I'm not able to connect either due to a phantom Ganesh.

@ Cyber:
                    Login to your server via VNC, and save the game. Give me a copy and if you can't restart the server yourself, I'll host again.
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Guys, I'm home in only 18 hours.
                      Apparently the game is stuck right now, it most probably crashed sort of.
                      The timer isn't going down, it's just there setting at 9.55 hours left over.

When I'm home I'll rerstart things and figure out what's wrong with my connection. If I can't figure it out myself I'll contact my ISP.

I have no VNC server installed so I can't connect to it using a VNC client.
                      I'll install one when I'm home for future purposes.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• If you just post in the Org thread that the game is back up, take your time CS.
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Well, expect it to be up in 16,5 - 19 hours from now. From then on the current game will last another 10 hours.

I'll post it here when it's up again and send out and e-mail.

Comment

• CS

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                              @japan what problem do you have? According to civstats do you not have the same problems as the rest of us.

@rome / celts
                              Try it more then 1 or 2 times. It's often the 3rd or 4th attempt that works.

@celts
                              Civstats says you were logged in twice for at least 10 minutes. Were you in the game or were you downloading those 10+ min?

I can't pause the game now since i am not home.
                              I must have been downloading. I was connecting in through Chief Tarhe but I never was able during that attempt. It would always disconnect during the first download bar at about 75% done.

I'm not sure where you get that I only try one or two times. I typically try no fewer than 5 times and as many as a dozen. As I stated before, I generally try for 15-30 minutes off and on. If I don't connect after that I give up.

Comment

• I'm just looking at what civstats says.
                                It's always 100% correct for my (failed) login attempts.

That doesn't mean that I don't believe you, it most probably means that there's more going on at your side. You said you had these problems already saturday last week. That was before my connection problems started.

Are you sure that:
                                - your virus scanner is off
                                - your firewalls are off (maybe there's more then 1!) (maybe also one in your modem/router)
                                - your router passes your civports to the correct computer?
                                - you're not running other software that connects to the internet

while trying to connect?

You are able to play turns now and then, correct?
                                Maybe compare the circumstances when you connect fine to when you fail to connect.

I'll double check everything at my side when I'm home tomorrow at about noon (European time) (CET)

Comment

Working...
                                X