This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, don't jump to conclusions.
    It's more a msg to the voters: keep in mind what you're voting for (what month and what goal).
    Not a msg like: 'voting in't working'.

Quality always wins in the end and every poll has it's questionable votes.
    Not to mention of course that my analysis of some votes may be pretty stupid.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Well the evidence is from Cybe he said some people getting story votes and havetn psoted much.

As i said no need to vote for the highest poster, but certainly the people who are posting regularly with good stories desreve the votes.

As for me, i think i will look cloesly at this months results and if they are turning out as i think they will i will forget voting for rest of game as no point in it.

I will stick to posting and playing.

Comment

• As for me, i think i will look cloesly at this months results and if they are turning out as i think they will i will forget voting for rest of game as no point in it.

Big words like that don't serve this game.

If you have faith in democraty then you should continue to vote. Every poll has it's weird votes. That's the beauty of democracy. In the end the best player wil win, I'm sure of that.

And maybe players are voting for little gems or brilliant stories that remain hidden for you or for me.

Comment

• the true beauty of democracy is that it is also a democratic decision to not to vote.

Why waste time voting if the majority always voting for some one else.

It is ok to be the minority that is what i am. I have opinions and bleiefs that no one else holds.

I will see what occurs in the results, but i do truly see it as waste of my time to scrutinise the postings here to seek the vlaidation of who i shoud lvote for if the majority are not doing this.

If the voting here simply turns into a lets vote for the allys etc then we neednt bother voting.

This is only my opinion and i do know my opinions ar enot sought nor even wanted sometimes. But as a lover of DIPLO i spend long time looking at posts in the STORY thread to see who is deserving of my votes. I take out my hatred for any particualr person and my feelings for them as an individual. I vote solely on what i see.

I am still no convinced the BEST DIPLO player is going to win this game.

Oh by the way i am not even close to being a good DIPLO player. i just enjoy the style.

I am mainly here to learn some game mechanics from the experts. and to learn how to manipulate others. i mean influence others.

Comment

• And here we see the flaw in Democracy (well... one of many):

If no-one votes, then the single person who does, wins.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Already the worng people are winning votes so bother fighting a losing cause.

if you cant beat them join them.

Comment

• Who are the "wrong people"?

Are you just mad you aren't getting as many votes as you want?
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Here is my votes for the double move questions provided it isn't too late...

1. Yes
                  2. Yes
                  3. No

Comment

• But out of hte 18 civs to choose one that rarely posts is an insult to those that do try to keep the game interesting.
                    I've also received some votes that really make me confused. Why does someone get votes for stories while he hardly posted any story posts?
                    Hmmm, wasn't aware it was QUANITY not quality.

Personally, I vote for stories that entertain me. I also take into consideration things like prose, graphics, consistency (both with ingame happenings and technology timeframes), and cleverness.

How many times someone posted, or how many words they wrote is the LAST thing i consider.

However, from a pure strategic point of view it would actually be most beneficial to vote for the ****tiest stories, so as to slow down those who are in the lead for that category. Another reason why I don't like the monthly publicly displayed point tally.
                    Last edited by Pitboss Maya; September 14, 2008, 21:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                      Who are the "wrong people"?

Are you just mad you aren't getting as many votes as you want?
                      as always it becomesa a lets bash raz session that ok i can handle it.

No if you actually bothered to read my posts , all the way through , you would notice i keep saying, i dont expect the person who has posted the most to get the votes. that is me.

but i do expect those nations who are regular posters. if you made a list of post numbers these would be those in the middle of list not the top posters but the middile ones. they deserve the votes, not the guy who is lucky to make one post per week.

so basically get off my back , and stop ignoring what is going on.

This is not about lets vote for RAZ its about lets vote for people who are not our allys, who are not in the biggest. who are not the smallest. but the people who are putting an effort into making the stories.

one post per week is not an effort so is jsut a token offering.

In my opinion here are the people who put effort into the stories last month.
                      Greeks. Koreans. Khmer, Rome. Portugul (i would put myself here but i behind them lot i think)

Comment

• I think you have to realize Raz that some people (lately I could include myself in this category) can only post one a week. I have a very busy real life.

I try to take the time to make sure that my "one post a week" is a quality piece however.

And frankly, if all 18 players posted as much as you or some of the others, there is no way most people would have the time to read it all.

Which is why I lean toward quality.

And for the record Raz, I did give you a vote this last round in the story category for your detailed battlemaps (AND a vote in one other category ). This, despite the fact that you otherwise irritate me. I give Cyber permission to verify this.

Why? Because I (and i can only speak for myself) try to vote honestly without considering things like personal feelings, in game alliances, etc...

Comment

• I agree that you shouldn't vote for your allies simply because they are allies, but I don't know that there is evidence this is giong on.

That said, you shouldn't refrain from voting for your allies simply because they are your allies either, and you ARE taking an accusatory tone Ras, just slightly.
                          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Maya
                            I think you have to realize Raz that some people (lately I could include myself in this category) can only post one a week. I have a very busy real life.

I try to take the time to make sure that my "one post a week" is a quality piece however.

And frankly, if all 18 players posted as much as you or some of the others, there is no way most people would have the time to read it all.

Which is why I lean toward quality.

And for the record Raz, I did give you a vote this last round in the story category for your detailed battlemaps (AND a vote in one other category ). This, despite the fact that you otherwise irritate me. I give Cyber permission to verify this.

Why? Because I (and i can only speak for myself) try to vote honestly without considering things like personal feelings, in game alliances, etc...
                            ok that makes two of us, actually i am of the bleief that most do, it is just the others that are peeving me and they know who they are.

So yes real life is a problem, i wasnt here all weekend, you would notice from my lack of posts

I am calmed down now though and will continie to vote.

I jsut go through these emotional times, need to get it off my chest and wait for the more elagant speakers to clarify it all and say it properly.

so lets move on

Comment

• Great last post Vikings!

Comment

• When I look at the votes so far then the following civs are leading the story-votes:

Greece
                                Korea
                                Persia
                                Japan
                                Vikings

Whom of these civs doesn't belong there according to you? What civ should've received more votes according to you? I think it's all going pretty decent. And more voting rounds will flesh it out more.

Comment

Working...
                                X