X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalheads voted.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings

Hmmm mental note, dont pick Vikings ever again.
      Another note... I suck !!!!
      a suggest. why not get vet to play oldonia turn for while and login to see what they do get oldonia up.

Comment

• Or switch with Rome to take on a more developed civ.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• taking on a developed civ does not teach you hoe to get a developed civ.

Sorry been busy all weekend with Sport back now...

Comment

• Just reading through the story-thread to be able to cast my votes in the best possible way, I came across this message of The Capo:

You can be a King without monarchy.

The Spartans elected a King, the Romans elected a King, and the titles weren't necessarily hereditary (although sometimes that wound up happening). The word King doesn't necessarily connote hereditary rule.

Just something to think about.

For the record:
            - Sparta has never named any of it's leaders 'King' or 'Emperor' or anything like that. Lacedaemon, Menelaus, Alexander, they were all just 'leaders of Sparta'.

The leaders of the city-states in the beginning (Corinthia, Athens and Sparta) were also just 'leaders'.

I've always made sure that my characters were placed well in their time-context. No big palaces in the early ages, leaders just living in houses. No special ceremonies, etc.

I think it's not fair that I'm used as an example of something I never did.
            Just had to make that clear.

Comment

• LAST day to Vote for August!

Some players didn't vote for the 3 questions, therefor I'm going to list them again:

There's also a request by The Capo to vote for a pre-set punishment on the 33% move rule. Read his post in the quote below.

I want to ask all of you to vote for the following 3 issues:

1. Do you agree to round the 33% down to 6 hours (instead of 6 hours and something)

[YES] [NO] [ABSTAIN]

2. Do you agree that we should have a pre-set rule for violation of the 33% move rule?

[YES] [NO] [ABSTAIN]

3. If there will be a pre-set rule, will you agree with the pre-set punishment The Capo proposed?

[YES] [NO] [ABSTAIN]

A majority of the voters (except the abstainers and those who ignore this vote) must accept an issue for it to be accepted. Majority means more then 50%
              If the results are exactly 50% then we will vote again without the option to abstain.

Something else, reading through the votes I get the idea that some players don't vote for August (only).
              Some votes have clearly been casted based on what happened in September.
              Maybe that's because there's too much time between the end of the month and the end of the vote.

Therefor next month there will only be a 3-day limit for voting. Players who aren't able to vote within those 3 days can send an e-mail to vote@diplo.plomp.eu to require a delay. (ie. b/c of vacation, stress at work, baby being born, marriage, being dumped by girlfriend, youth-right conference, etc.)

Right now it appears like most people wait till the last 3 days to vote anyway.

I've also received some votes that really make me confused. Why does someone get votes for stories while he hardly posted any story posts?

It's free for everyone to vote whatevery they like, just posting it here as a reminder. Post for stuff that happened in the right month. Vote based on what really happened, don't base it on politics (ie. he's number last, let's give him some votes) or alliances (he's my friend) or something like that.

List of civs who voted:
              Portugal
              Korea
              Persia
              Vikings
              Holy Roman Empire
              Celts
              Japan
              Metalheads
              Khmer
              Maya
              Greece

(7 civs didn't vote)

Civs that forgot to vote for the "3 questions":
              maya
              metal
              celts
              HRE
              Portugal
              Vikings
              Last edited by Robert; September 14, 2008, 05:20.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Could I be allowed to vote on Monday or Tuesday? I'm very busy this weekend.

Comment

• That's ok with me.

Comment

• To make it easier to vote for the previous month, make it the last day to vote the first day of the next month, becausee I only did this for the start of this month and I was confused as to which month we were actually voting for.

Comment

• Well, we must make sure that the last days of the month (and it's stories) won't be ignored for voting. That may happen when the fist day of the month is the last voting possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome

So why infringe on free speech by deleting my posts then? I didn't see anyone deleting Capo's or Spain's posts.
                        The reson we know who I am is because I was frustrated at the lack of easy logging in and out, but since that has been address I have been using my pitboss account for that. Everyone know Korea is the Capo because he volunteered to take over, but it would have been better had he done it via PM to the host and someone should have mad the loggin in and out issue much easier sooner. We cannot change the past but we can change the future since we don't want to have everyone outed, so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Greece
                          Just reading through the story-thread to be able to cast my votes in the best possible way, I came across this message of The Capo:

You can be a King without monarchy.

The Spartans elected a King, the Romans elected a King, and the titles weren't necessarily hereditary (although sometimes that wound up happening). The word King doesn't necessarily connote hereditary rule.

Just something to think about.

For the record:
                          - Sparta has never named any of it's leaders 'King' or 'Emperor' or anything like that. Lacedaemon, Menelaus, Alexander, they were all just 'leaders of Sparta'.

The leaders of the city-states in the beginning (Corinthia, Athens and Sparta) were also just 'leaders'.

I've always made sure that my characters were placed well in their time-context. No big palaces in the early ages, leaders just living in houses. No special ceremonies, etc.

I think it's not fair that I'm used as an example of something I never did.
                          Just had to make that clear.
                          Actually, you are wrong again. The Spartans did have Kings and called them the equivalent in ancient Greece for almost their entire history 900ish BC to 220ish BC. Even Leonidas was a "King" of Sparta. It didn't always follow the family line though, for instance Leonidas was not supposed to be the heir. Cleomenes (the King before Leonidas) asked that a woman named Gorgo be the next King (the word they used translated roughly into the world leader but they were in fact Kings), actually Gorgo's title prior to marrying Leonidas was "QUEEN of Sparta." And like I said before, they maintained this for seven hundred years. So I don't know where you got the idea they didn't have Kings from.

And besides all of that you are GREECE not SPARTA, so when I made that statement it was not directed at you at all.

Comment

• To clarify since you two seem to be talking past each other. Capo is talking about the REAL Greece and Rome in history. Pitboss Greece is talking about the Greek and Roman players in this game.

<--- translator.

Comment

• I guess the voting system isnt working either. I thoguht we were all old enough and ugly enough to not let in game situations or personalties affect how we vote but obviously not.

As Cyber says, how does some one get voted for stroy telling when he hardly posts at all. The voting for stories foesnt have to go to the one thatposts the most, far from it. But out of hte 18 civs to choose one that rarely posts is an insult to those that do try to keep the game interesting.

Also voting for activities occuring in september instead of July means those civs that did a lot of stuff in late july will miss out on deserved votes.

Oh well I guess i was expecting a lot when this voting came in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                                I guess the voting system isnt working either. I thoguht we were all old enough and ugly enough to not let in game situations or personalties affect how we vote but obviously not.

As Cyber says, how does some one get voted for stroy telling when he hardly posts at all. The voting for stories foesnt have to go to the one thatposts the most, far from it. But out of hte 18 civs to choose one that rarely posts is an insult to those that do try to keep the game interesting.

Also voting for activities occuring in september instead of July means those civs that did a lot of stuff in late july will miss out on deserved votes.

Oh well I guess i was expecting a lot when this voting came in.
                                Well, I wouldn't jump to conclusions unnecessarily Ras. You don't know who got what votes, and people may be choosing quality over quantity (which is what I do actually) in a lot of these cases. So until we get the results I wouldn't complain about it yet.

That said, I did notice that certain teams who hardly seem to post (whether stories or diplomacy) got more votes than *I* thought they should have. But again, we shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.
                                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                                X