Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome So why infringe on free speech by deleting my posts then? I didn't see anyone deleting Capo's or Spain's posts.
    there rule for all to enjoy. it not to spoil fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
      oh the joys of being an australian we get to avoid the mad discusiions

But you are right, i might be bad palyer , i might be losing this game, but i will be here till the end.

If rome so worried about being the leading civ he should truly not worry for too long. As DIPLO rules quite clearly state. the top civs should not ally for game long alliances. So pierca and rome whilst friends now, truly need to break the alliance at some point and end up fgihting agaisnt each other.

It is as real life shows... France and Germany were always closer in friendship than France and England, but one day those old alliances were forgotten and new ones forged.

So play it out Diplo style.

As cyber said, if russia had joined portugul this whole situation would have been different.
      If i were to turn on Rome one day, it would be for other reasons than "diplo etiquette". If my alliance works fine tille the end of the game, i certainly won't brake it for nothing. However, if some things i have heard are true, i certainly would fight Rome.

And about your France/England/Germany exemple, it is one thing to be saved, and another to like eachother.

Comment

• ok this brings up a DIPLO point.

I thoguht it had been discussed but obviopusly some people think it has not.

Alliances are not meant to be GAME length in a diplo game.

The whole TECH Voucher system was brought in to try and prevent it.

I am happy with any decision reached. But what are others opinions on this.

Comment

• My opinion on it is that it isn't a rule at all.

Tech Vouchers were brought in to prevent two things (1) Is alliances that occur for the whole game (2) Tech brokering/whoring.

Now, alliances continuing all game normally occured because people would collaborate on developing technology. That REASON should be eliminated by the tech vouchers, and I think it has been to a great degree. But there are other considerations for alliances as well, such as geography, location, religion, military considerations that can't/shouldn't be controlled artificially. If Rome and Piercia remained allies the whole game (this is just an example) there is nothing inherently wrong with that. Would it be "better" for everyone else? Perhaps, but we aren't saying you CAN'T be allies for a long time, we are simply trying to think of ways to make the game more vibrant.

But the way I look at it; they can be allies forever if they want, and they shouldn't be forced to break their alliance for any reason, and of course this goes for everyone.

Comment

• Good reasoning i am happy with that.

Stick with it PErcia and Rome.

Sorry to have mentioned it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
              I'm concerned that the Portugal/Rome business in the story thread is getting out of control. Does anyone agree or am I just making a mountain out of a mole-hill?
              Relax we both just needed to get that out of our systems.

Also why can't crazy ruler act a bit crrazy?

Our dealings with each other had been very stressful for both of us.

Originally posted by Pitboss Khmer

agree you right. it like ooc is in story and should not be at all.
              Well I do concede on that, it was unfortunate that some OCC was dragged in...

Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
              if some things i have heard are true, i certainly would fight Rome.
              You are welcomed to do so, but may I remind you that we have always treated you fairly. We hope the Piercian empire does not mistake propaganda for truth.

But I agree on your other points, if this alliance works, and for as long as it works we shall keep it, but if disputes arize we break it off.

There is no need for dragging OCC into what is a IC only decision. The decision of invading or allying with another country should have nothing to do with OCC.
              Last edited by Pitboss Rome; September 12, 2008, 03:02.

Comment

• he. it good now.

Comment

• Also am I the only one who noticed Khmer's brilliant idea of a poem competition?

Too bad I haven't made contact yet.

I myself have been toying with organizing international games, something like the RL Olympics but more fun.

Gladiatorial games in the desert of Egypt

Comment

• I think that we had one rule, the top-3 civs aren't supposed to be allied to each other.
                    That's a very vague rule of course, because what defines an alliance. It's more a rule of honor. Top-3 civs should just live up to it.

That doesn't mean that these top-3 civs have to be at war with each other. There's a lot between being allied and being at war.

There's no rule against game-long alliances but the voucher system does indeed try to break the need for game-long alliances. Civs are allowed to keep their alliances for very long periods but nobody encourages it.

I think that the voucher system removed a very good reason for not having very long lasting alliances.
                    Here also lays a big field between being allied and being at war.

Nobody needs to go at war.
                    And neighbours can be friends through the entire game, if they wish to.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• ok jsut over 4000years into the game and many many turns to go but only 2000odd years.

At present rate 65 turns till i get to my first governement change woohooo....

Another 72 turns after that to get to builsd those Courthouses i need...

and another 105 turns after that to see my Unique Unit..

So total of 242 turns more YEAH !!!

Anyone know how many turns left ?

Hmmm mental note, dont pick Vikings ever again.
                      Another note... I suck !!!!

Comment

• 1. civs may be willing to give you techs.
                        2. your research-rate will grow

Comment

• It's a long time ago that we finished a turn earlier then the turn timer. I get the idea that lately more civs are skipping turns.

Is interest in this game fading? I hope not.

Comment

• Comment

• I admit to missing a turn the other day, but that was because I failed to jump in in the 5 spare mins I had that day. But since I was not the only one who did not play a turn, and it was only a one-off, I don't think anything bad came of it.

As for other people... I have no idea. I suspect some people may have been put off a little by Rome's "I'm winning, so I'm whining" attitude recently. And also by previous events and arguments.

However, I think it's just people are settling down and getting used to the game, and are also gearing up for (or settling into) a new Academic year (even those who do not attend school themselves anymore, are affected by it).
                              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• It's not a problem to miss a turn, I just think to see that more people are missing turns lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X