This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Rome
    BTW Are people really telling me that it is better for the community that Rome commits hare hare krishna than for it to have a different player?
    I think its Hari Kari actually, Hare Krishna is a religious sect.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Also everyone knows I was going to be Korea becuase I posted as The Capo and offered to take over. There's a difference there.

But honestly guys, Rome shouldnt' have to play if they don't want to. But I disagree with what they're doing, although I've just disappeared before so I can't really say anything.

But I have a solution; if you are so powerful and mighty Rome why don't you forge an Empire? Like the Romans did?
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• heh... my username on AIM, Xfire and Skype is 'hari kari driver' (without the spaces for those who care)

Also I think it's actually spelt Hara-Kiri, but I think a certain amount of westernisation is allowed.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo

I think its Hari Kari actually, Hare Krishna is a religious sect.
          I was making a pop culture reference.

Comment

But I have a solution; if you are so powerful and mighty Rome why don't you forge an Empire? Like the Romans did?
            What do you mean?

Comment

• trying to connect for a half hour and can't contact host. Is the game down?

Comment

• Conquer most of everyone's country around you, vassalize them, and force them to fight in more wars of conquest. When in Rome...

One Love.

Comment

• When in Rome... do as the Vikings do. If I didn't know better, I could have sworn that Ras was playing as Rome for the past few days. But then, Ras would never think about actually quitting. He'd just moan continually.
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Celts
                    trying to connect for a half hour and can't contact host. Is the game down?
                    I'm home now, no reason to believe the game has been down. according to civstats it's been on all the time.
                    Nobody has conneced to the game for 2 hours though.

Are others having problems connecting to the game?
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Conquer most of everyone's country around you, vassalize them, and force them to fight in more wars of conquest. When in Rome...

Hmm that sounds fun, but the problem is that I don't have the forces to vasselize Portugal and I have good relations with all my other neighbors.

Maybe if I find some of them have been conspiring with Portugal.

Also why dosen't anyone want to be Rome? Come on guys its loads of fun if you like being a badass.

Comment

• oh the joys of being an australian we get to avoid the mad discusiions

But you are right, i might be bad palyer , i might be losing this game, but i will be here till the end.

If rome so worried about being the leading civ he should truly not worry for too long. As DIPLO rules quite clearly state. the top civs should not ally for game long alliances. So pierca and rome whilst friends now, truly need to break the alliance at some point and end up fgihting agaisnt each other.

It is as real life shows... France and Germany were always closer in friendship than France and England, but one day those old alliances were forgotten and new ones forged.

So play it out Diplo style.

As cyber said, if russia had joined portugul this whole situation would have been different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings

As cyber said, if russia had joined portugul this whole situation would have been different.
                          Yes I would have lost badly and Portugal would have become the preordained winner and all the civs would just have to turn for 2 years to prove that in the end.

Comment

• I'm concerned that the Portugal/Rome business in the story thread is getting out of control. Does anyone agree or am I just making a mountain out of a mole-hill?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              Yea, just trying to preserve anonymous and stop you from revealing your identity. I have done that many times now in this game. This game began as a anon game and unless we decide differently I'm going to try and keep it that way.
                              ganesh support mr ozzy. it important not say who are. be immerse in game only. it important not try guess or talk about it. it rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                                I'm concerned that the Portugal/Rome business in the story thread is getting out of control. Does anyone agree or am I just making a mountain out of a mole-hill?
                                agree you right. it like ooc is in story and should not be at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X