Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont expect people to post anywhere near as much as me , but surely one post per week average is a bit low...

Just my opinion of course.

Apart from that some good stuff coming out from people that are posting.

Comment

• also i got another bone to pick

That is with those civs that refuse to communicte unless they met in game.

guys just to explsain how it should work just like real life.

If Aztecs meet the Chinese, and then the Mexicans meet the chinese , in real life the chinese are able to tell the mxicans al labout the Aztecs, including where they are and their Mail address.

so now the mexicans can contact the Aztecs.

This of course is diferent to in game mechanics. Civ 4 programmer left no area for any out of game physicsl contact.

I am getting peeved at the civs who think i have to meet them in game before talking to them. I only need to hold off communcistiong via Story, PM or PLOMP mail till i meet someone who has met YOU and they tell me about you.

If you have secretly met a civ, then tel lthem not to tell me about the meeting. Cause i do ask as soon as i meet a civ, who they met and where thy are. I give same information to others i meet.

Based on this people can communicte with each other without having to meet physically in game

Comment

• I think people just prefer dealing with people they have met and are actually able to trade with. That's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
          also i got another bone to pick

That is with those civs that refuse to communicte unless they met in game.
          I thought this was the rule for this game. Is it not?

It is a standard rule in oter MP games.

Comment

• CyberShy your mail box is full.

Comment

• I've emptied it.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Did someone log in and finish my turn? :hmm:

I know I didn't since I wanted to check my position a few hours back....

I'm negotiating dammit!

Comment

• We are indeed negotiating damn the perpetrator Rome and Portugal are on the verge of signing the most complex Diplo deal ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                    I think people just prefer dealing with people they have met and are actually able to trade with. That's all.
                    ahh ok, only friends with people bearing gifts. Yes i have encountered that a lot.

Comment

• Rome I have send my last letter, read it and lets shake on it

Comment

• I think the FAWT (Free Atlantic Waters Treaty) or the PCAs (Prometheus City Accords) from HOTW2 are the most complicated diplogame agreements I've ever seen
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss H Roman

I thought this was the rule for this game. Is it not?

It is a standard rule in oter MP games.
                          Not a rule no... This is a diplo game and all forms of contact are encouraged. As explained the civ 4 game mechanics dont allow the contact , but once aq friend of a friend then i bleieve all contacts are good.

Comment

• @Capo, You obviously haven't seen the CAN (Co-operative Alliance Nationale) from HOTW7 (I think) I'll see if I can dig up some of the emails that were sent around

RE: Contacting other civs... I've done it. I've even done it in my story posts. Basically if I know that one civ has met another, then I ask them to pass on messages. That is how I was able to meet the Khmer in this game, since they had met Ozzy, and I had met Ozzy, so when it came to the funeral parade for Oswald the Bard, I invited them to attend, via Ozzy.
                            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Would love to see the results of current Diplo arrangments between Port and Rome might get them both some voites...

Comment

• What about the Korea/Maya/Greek agreement? I guess its our fault for doing most of it in PMs

Comment

Working...
                                X