This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as you say cyber people are people.

the anon thing doesnt stop you telling a friend who you are in game either, it is just your own personal beleifs that stop you.

Lets move on people.

Theres a game to be played.

Comment

• That's true. If people want to share their idenitiy, then nobody will stop them. But if you're not willing to share it, then it gives a better experience, because you simply don't know who you're waging war with.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• he finally revealed he was informed where i was by the map maker so he then contated me, this was before any nations had even met in game.
        I suspected this might have been what you were referring to.

He kept begging me to tell him all sorts of stuff. I declined.

In particular, he wanted to know where you were. As far as I remember I told him that you were close, but didn't mention direction. I told him to just start exploring and he would find you.

Again, in hind site I probably should have remained absolutely silent regarding all things map related, although I would consider this a minor info leak.

the anon thing doesnt stop you telling a friend who you are in game either, it is just your own personal beleifs that stop you.
        Well obviously your personal beliefs didn't stop you from letting 17 other players know who YOU were.... pfft. Hypocrite.

As Capo says it will probably only affect who i will volunteer to play with, as probalby most others will do same.
        Hopefully you find me unsuitable to play with in the future, because frankly, your an annoying person.

Comment

• yes it is annoying to be told the truth...

but i can keep personal differnce out of my game play.

i rarely post peersonal attacks on people. I refrain from calling people names on the internet as you cant ever know another person from online activiities.

There is only one reason i would not play with you and that would all depend on what nation you are.

I hav enever said to people to keep ANON so i am not a hypocrit , i was simply implying that it is CYBERs personal beliefs that help him to maintian ANON, not the fact he has no freinds in the game.

Comment

• Look, I think its a bad thing that we REMAIN anonymous even after the game ends. That makes no sense, what is the purpose of that? It makes it more difficult to get new diplogamers and keep them around and have real debates about issues in diplogams. And again, there is nothing achieved by keeping everyone's identities secret after we play. In fact I think its bad, so I think everyone's identities should be revealed when the game is over.

Also, let's not get personal here everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak

Why did Ozzy edit your post?
              He attempted to break anon by revealing a possible identity for a player.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I am not suggesting we all break anonymous play by saying this, but I am going to say this. Do we have ANY proof that Anonymous play does anything helpful. AT ALL?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

He attempted to break anon by revealing a possible identity for a player.
                  oh which civ are you again Ozzy ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Korea
                    I am not suggesting we all break anonymous play by saying this, but I am going to say this. Do we have ANY proof that Anonymous play does anything helpful. AT ALL?
                    Good question.

Could the advocates of ANON post the Advantages of ANON.

We have seen the negative side of ANON.

Comment

• I actually like anonymous play, not for the reasons Raz and even you Capo have alluded to (that I use it to manipulate the game), but because it eliminates predetermined opinions about another civ by virtue of who is playing them.

One of those areas is trust. However this isn't a safe assumption to make about another player. I have played games where I totally backstabbed another player. I have also played games where I was completely loyal throughout. Some may say, "well if you backstabbed once then you are more likely to do it again", however I think anyone is capable of doing that if put in the right situation. So making an assumption that I cannot be trusted based on past games wouldn't be completely accurate.

Another area is war. If someone knows another player to be a skilled warmonger, they of course would be less likely to initiate war with them. On the flip side, if a player is known to be very poor at warfare, others may take advantage of such knowledge.

Basically anon play wipes the slate clean from past games, which I think is important. Of course some would argue that accountability for the past is important, but weighing both of them I tend to think that opinions based on the past do more harm then good.

Comment

• Those are fair comments. But I think militant protection of anonymity has drawbacks too, I've heard people say that we shouldn't reveal identities after the game. Which I think is too far. I like to know who I am playing with, and I'm really against anonymous play because you have to manage all of this extra crap for what I see as useless advantages. I do not HATE anonymous play by any means, I just question how valuable it really is for us Diplogamers.

Comment

• I've heard people say that we shouldn't reveal identities after the game.
                          I see no reason to keep anon after the game.

I'm really against anonymous play because you have to manage all of this extra crap for what I see as useless advantages.
                          Personally, I don't like the plomb.eu accounts. Nobody uses them, and it is a whole other website you have to go through that doesn't alert you when someone on the rare occasion might use it to contact you. I think there have already been communication breakdowns in this game related to the above.

If we were to just stick with the apoly PMs, and anon logins, I wouldn't consider this over burdensome considering the advantages.

Comment

• @ Cyber,

Since you have stated that you are not continuing the discussion about the double move rule, could you please post our current rule on the first post of each org thread (well don't worry about org thread 1).

If there is a penalty associated with breaking said rule, please add that too.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

3. Can the Greek and the Celts confirm if they met each other indeed? Do they use their 'contact'? Please don't till you guys really met.
                              Catching up on posts.

Not sure where this came from, but to my knowledge I have not met the Greeks. I have only met my surrounding neighbors and Spain.

Comment

• I've been trying to catch up on everything from the past few days. I'm still unclear about the blackdragon situation. Did he leave because someone accussed him of revealing part of the map? How did I get associated with contact with Greece?

Comment

Working...
                                X