Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanQ, Ming and Solver are admins of Apolyton.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Ok guys i have been battling in my mind a decision to be made and i need your guys advice.

Here is the story.

I was informed earlier in game that the map maker had made a special island which is shaped lilke skull and crossbones. This island apparently is the sole source of Uranium on this world.

If this is true then i think i need to leave the game as i should have reported this earlier.

If it is not true then i can happily continue with the game.

I feel i have let you all down by not informing you earleir.

I leave it to you guys to decide.

apparently there a at least 3 people who of this island. it is all alleged ovbviously and i may have been lied to.

but i announcing it now so it cant be accused i withheld this till end of game.
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Well that is quite the development. Um, I guess if this is true that is not a good thing. I really don't know how to respond to this, I don't like that, I shouldn't complain about resource locations though but something like this is much different than a random resource location.

Also, who made the map?
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I have seen the map but didn't see such an island.
          Even if there is such an island I still see no reason to abandon the game.

Pinchak made the map
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Wait a minute, are you in the game?
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• yes cyber is in the game.

I am open to having been lied to. so please dont think this is open and shuit case.

but it weighing heavily on my mind and this is the main reason i lost my passion for the game over the past few weeks. thinking shouls i ignore it and hope it a lie. or should i reveal it and still hope it a lie but let all know so if it true it could be revealed for all.

Comment

• Why on earth are two people who have seen the map playing in this game? And if two civs have contact doesn't that mean that starting locations were pre-set, by a player in the game, and that another player in the game SAW the starting location he got and, theoretically, could have asked for a new one.

Everyone is cool with this?

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
                  Why on earth are two people who have seen the map playing in this game? And if two civs have contact doesn't that mean that starting locations were pre-set, by a player in the game, and that another player in the game SAW the starting location he got and, theoretically, could have asked for a new one.

Starting positions where chosen randomly.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Why on earth are two people who have seen the map playing in this game? And if two civs have contact doesn't that mean that starting locations were pre-set, by a player in the game, and that another player in the game SAW the starting location he got and, theoretically, could have asked for a new one.

again maybe lies, but apart from pinchak and cyber i was informed another saw the map as he is a freind of pinchaks....

Again all rumours probalby....

Comment

• Well, I've thought about this a little more. I sincerely doubt there is a skull shaped island of uranium, that would be completely idiotic, not to mention incondusive to a diplogame. Perhaps there are SCANT uranium deposits, which I think would actually be condusive to a diplogame. I am a little upset that an outside mapmaker wasn't utilized, but MMC explained to me how the starting locations were determined and while I still think this was a mistake I'm fine with continuing.

But if you like diplogames Ras, you should keep playing, and the point is to get what you want through diplomacy, so I wouldn't be too dismayed if I were you.

One Love.

Comment

• PINCHAK already has said noone else saw the map so what is the problem? for all we know it is a lie and it was just passed around because some one wanted to start rommers. all in all i think you are over reacting and i think this "shull island" is only a small part of a larger problem you are having. untill someone accually finds a skull shaped island full of Uranium just consider it a myth that may or may not exsit.

Comment

• I can understand a skull shaped island as a signature, but I don't think Pinchak would be so stupid to put all the Uranium there... even if there was some there.
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I agree with Japan. sure Pinchak is a a$$hole but he would never do something like make an island with nothing but uranium. besides the map was looked over before we played it and I'm sure if someone saw this it would have been caught and taken out. although if there was a "skull island" I'm 100% confident in pinchak's map that it either doesn't have anything or if it does it is not the only source of uranium in the world.

Comment

• just remember just like in real life you can never trust anything you are told. if you do then you are just asking for trouble to happen.

Comment

Well, I've thought about this a little more. I sincerely doubt there is a skull shaped island of uranium, that would be completely idiotic, not to mention incondusive to a diplogame. Perhaps there are SCANT uranium deposits, which I think would actually be condusive to a diplogame. I am a little upset that an outside mapmaker wasn't utilized, but MMC explained to me how the starting locations were determined and while I still think this was a mistake I'm fine with continuing.

But if you like diplogames Ras, you should keep playing, and the point is to get what you want through diplomacy, so I wouldn't be too dismayed if I were you.
                                and if i find this island do i report it or wait till Physics then report it.

Please give me some direction.

As i said i happy to find i been lied to. but the matter is way more important than that.

I have stated the island may exist. If i find it does it confirm the story . or perhaps it is a signature only and not full or uranium

Myself knowing this , is this too much information? The fact others know is that too much info?

Comment

Working...
                                X