Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The penalties are simple, I just wrote them out like that so pinchak couldn't find a loophole.

1) You lose five tech vouchers and 25% of your votes up to the point of the violation. The violation is making "double move."

2) If you break the rules in a ridiculous manner; ie you make a double move and kill multiple units, take workers, destroy settlers and great people, pilliage, plunder etc you lose ten tech vouchers and 50% of your votes up to that point.

3) If you have to move within the 1/3rd time period in order to expedite the game (meaning you wouldn't be able to finish your turn with the remaineder of the time left) you may do so but you have to tell everyone at least two hours in advance and you can't attack units unless they are an immedeate (they can attack that turn if possible) threat to the city. This is the only situation where a double-move will be acceptable. Double-moves made by subs will be considered your fault for not telling them beforehand.

Its pretty simple actually, I think this is the best way to handle it. The penalties are harsh, there are differences for a slight break of the rules and a severe break of the rules. I don't think it should matter if there was little gained by breaking the rule because the point of the penalty is to prevent it. And don't give me any stupid RL crime stats, because I studied criminal justice/law (et al) and there is no comparison between real-life situations and a friggin strategy game played by nerds.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• hummm... whilst the Pitboss server seems to be running fine, the rest of my pc is failing around it.

The latest problem is the corruption of my graphics drivers, leaving me with 800x600 4-bit colour.
      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Ok... I've now solved the problem, and my Pc is running smoothly again, just err, ignore what CivStats is saying for the moment.

EDIT: It's working now, just ignore everything between 7:00pm and 7:30pm GMT (with Daylight Savings Cyber, for example, is currently on GMT+2)
        Last edited by MMC; August 23, 2008, 15:44.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

• MMC could you pls fix the timer for next turn, right now i think its 24hrs. Move it back to 19hrs pls.
          Last edited by Toni; August 23, 2008, 15:40.

Comment

• I set the timer to 22 for the current turn, to give people time to realise that the host had changed.

Comment

• Ok thx

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
                The penalties are simple, I just wrote them out like that so pinchak couldn't find a loophole.

1) You lose five tech vouchers and 25% of your votes up to the point of the violation. The violation is making "double move."
                Way too hars.
                Imagine someone making a mistake!
                Or move too early without concequences...!
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• civstats:
                  8/23/08 12:01 pm Vixur Eliminated
                  8/23/08 12:01 pm Caesar Eliminated

Scary.... are you sure they're still in?

Comment

• Well, Vixur played their turn at 7:37pm GMT, so I'd say they're still in.

Based on your quote (which shows you weren't logged in when you viewed the CivStats page ), the corresponding time for Vixur's turn would be 12:37

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                      civstats:
                      8/23/08 12:01 pm Vixur Eliminated
                      8/23/08 12:01 pm Caesar Eliminated

Scary.... are you sure they're still in?
                      Can someone explain whats scary?

Comment

• CivStats is saying that Rome and Portugal have been eliminated.

Thankfully as no complaints have been filed, it appears that no-one is missing, and that CivStats got it wrong.

I'll see if Gregg can remove the entries.
                        EDIT: Gregg says no. The entries will disappear soon enough anyway.
                        Last edited by MMC; August 23, 2008, 16:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC
                          I use Blue Marble, so everyone is going to get a message about different game files.
                          i use blue marlbe too but still get the message..

yor files are different again not just th blue marble effect

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                            i use blue marlbe too but still get the message..

yor files are different again not just th blue marble effect
                            You can make different changes with blue marble.
                            Your blue marble settings don't have to be equal to his blue marble settings.

Comment

• I use the HighRes version, and the scale tool.

Comment

• i just installed it blue marble and i dont get the message anymore. and it looks to beautiful

Comment

Working...
                                X