• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no rush mate...

when you get to it is fine..

Comment

• From the 'double move debate' thread:
      What to do with rule breakers?
      Please all vote within 7 days on the following two questions. [yes] or [no]
      If the majority of the voters and at least 9 players vote [yes] to both questions we will continue to vote on the details of the punishment.

If not the majority of the votersand 9 players vote [yes] then things stay as they are. (that is: the punishment depends on the situation).

Only vote using your ANONYMOUS ID, unless you're already revealed. This to prevent double votes. (ie. vote with both your anon and real id)

Vote questions: (please copy and paste them in a reply and vote either [YES] or [NO])

1. Do we need penalties for rule breakers? [YES] or [NO]

2. Should these penalties be of a preset format? (or wait to see what the impact of the rule break is to work out a punishment?) [YES] or [NO]
      Last edited by Robert; August 22, 2008, 09:50.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Well put CS however i do ad one proviso on the voting.

We are taking the majority of votes. not waiting for 9, so if only 12 vote then a majority is 7 (6 plus one)

etc etc

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
          indeed.
          I'm not saying I would do this in such a calculated way but it's important to spell out exactly what the rule means so that someone like ozzy doesn't start whingering about it after the event

jj oz
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Only vote using your ANONYMOUS ID, unless you're already revealed. This to prevent double votes. (ie. vote with both your anon and real id)
            Damn, sounds like shades of HOTW4...

*deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I'm quite happy for Cyber to make a judgement call on each occassion there is a crisis.

He handled the Korean worker issue very well; and in a balanced way making every effort to keep all players in the game regardless of how difficult we all are.

We'll never come up with an agreed model of penalties.
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

2. Should these penalties be of a preset format or wait to see what the impact of the rule break is to work out a punishment? [YES] or [NO]
                Are you sure this is a yes or no question?
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Ok, I've rephrased it, now it works

@Vikings: I'd rather have the majority of the players. I'll push everyone to vote. But if only 5 people vote out of whom 3 people vote 'yes' then we'll have troubles as soon as we enforce it.

Comment

• The game is down for an unknown time. My ISP has ended my service in my old house by accident. My new house is not connected yet. I'm trying everything to get it connected ASAP again.

I've even visited the headquarter of my ISP today (instead of calling) to force them to fix their mistake ASAP and they promised to do so.

I've saved the game and I'll reload it as soon as it's up again. 18 hours left for this turn. (I can't expand that)

I'll let everybody know as soon as it's up again.

Comment

• ince my server is down we can't mail to any @diplo.plomp.eu addresses. (you can read them though!)

Votes can be send (till it's up again) to: Vote # diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com
                      (remove the spaces and replace # with @)

I didn't got votes from:
                      - Portugal
                      - Russia
                      - Spain
                      - Holy Roman
                      - Inca

Comment

• I thought I had sent you my votes via g-mail, CS. I will resend.

And thanks one and all for your words of support. I am over it now. Just have some stories to write.

Tales of The Unholy Roman Empire ...

Comment

• So, if I declare war and attack another civ at any point in the current turn and I then wait 1/3rd of the next turn (6 hours and 40 mins) I can then do my next move regardless of what the other civ has done.
                          If your opponent plays his turn in between do you still have to wait the 6.66 hours?

Comment

• the punishment depends on the situation
                            Who would get to decide this? Errrr, nevermind, lets not even go there...

I vote for a set punishment.

I would also expect that if we are now talking punishments for breaking rules...
                            THAT THE RULES ARE SPELLED OUT ON THE FIRST POST OF EACH ORGANIZATIONAL THREAD WITH THE OTHER INFO, AND THAT PLAYERS WILL ONLY BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE RULE AS IT IS EXACTLY WRITTEN. THIS SHOULD ALSO APPLY TO THE PUNISHMENT.

Needless to say, I would give A LOT of though to how the rule is written.

I cannot stress this enough.

PS: When it gets all phucked up (ie. "that isn't what we meant when we wrote the rule"), count on me to quote this post. I WILL NOT be subjected to punishment or let someone off from punishment because someone couldn't write or read, respectively.

Dangerous territory we tread in now, but I'm more than happy to play ball.
                            Last edited by Pinchak; August 22, 2008, 13:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak

If your opponent plays his turn in between do you still have to wait the 6.66 hours?

no. if your opponet moves before the 6.66hrs is up you can also move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak

Who would get to decide this? Errrr, nevermind, lets not even go there...

I vote for a set punishment.

I would also expect that if we are now talking punishments for breaking rules...
                                THAT THE RULES ARE SPELLED OUT ON THE FIRST POST OF EACH ORGANIZATIONAL THREAD WITH THE OTHER INFO, AND THAT PLAYERS WILL ONLY BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE RULE AS IT IS EXACTLY WRITTEN. THIS SHOULD ALSO APPLY TO THE PUNISHMENT.

Needless to say, I would give A LOT of though to how the rule is written.

I cannot stress this enough.

PS: When it gets all phucked up, count on me to quote this post.

this is why i like you. leave it to pinchak to try to find ways around a rule of put it iin someone's face when it blows up.

Comment

Working...
                                X