This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it al ljsut a point of view.

I think storys should be about in game activities or let you know what is going to happen soon.

all my stories do that, if i have a change of governemnt it means i changing my plans. some new actions will occur.

if i post of meeting new people it actualy occured. and in my story you wil lread of how i view those people.

My posts are usually short and sharp, not many pics. doesnt make mine better nor worse.

so when i vote i vote for people who reveal things. not tell of things that really didnt matter. If your back story is showing how you make decisions then that is cool too.

The role playing is menat to affect the ingsme choices too not just fill in time

As to people knowing of waht militryt events occured it is all in the Story thresads for a reason. We are not voting based on who we met in game. e voting out of character for the stories we seen, plus any oher diplo activites tht are unseen, eg PMs emails etc

I know what i do is worthy of some votes, not all as it wont impress every one.

I have done a lot of Diploing with nations, some that hasnt been reveealed yet so wont be voted on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Japan
      raz didn't do much of anything while fighting me exept for getting his a$$ handed to him. i will give him credit for killing all those barbs. he has been able to hold his own. so he would get my vote.
      maybe i should just post the demographic of how many units i have killed.....

tis getting to be a high number, nahh better not it would make all my whinging about barb attacks seem silly.

oh damn i jsut spoke that out loud !!!!!

Comment

• REMEMBER: Today is the last day players can vote for the stories/tactics/diplomacy in JULY

for more info regarding voting: read the first post of this thread
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• 5 civs haven't voted yet. Remember that votes won't count for you in months where you didn't cast votes yourself!

At least send an empty e-mail with the correct subject line

Comment

• I am concerned here at my end. As we all know Russia is at war with Rome. But if you look at Civstats Russia has been missing turns again. So I am curious to know how is that war going between these two civs.

*Is Rome attacking Russian’s units if not moved due to missed turn?
            *Is he waiting for Russia to make a move?
            *Do they have some kind of understanding how to fight each other when Russia misses his turns?

Do not get me wrong, I am all for the 1/3 timer war move. Just would like to hear what Rome is doing in this case? It’s of course Russia responsibility to be around and take his turns, much so when he was the one to start the war.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
              I suggest that we stop suggeting new suggestions.
              let's play the game within the current rules.

I'm sure that we can come up with better ideas and better rules into eternity, but it has to stop one day.
              I'm really not looking forward to a 14+months game with ongoing arguments about rules and ideas.

So let's all agree to stop debating the rules.
              If something comes up that really needs a debate we can always make an exception for that.

Everyone who agrees says: aye
              aye.

It's gotten to the point that I'm considering quitting because of all the BS that's going on in the thread. I don't have the time, patience, or desire to play with all the squabbling. I don't have time to scour this thread for relevant information. It seems like there are 20 or more posts a day about absolutely nothing except a select few (and you know who you are) *****ing about something.

Comment

• The Silent Majority:

CyberShy
                Blackdragon921
                Toni
                MMC
                The Capo (with some qualifiers)
                OzzyKP
                Pitboss Rome
                Pitboss Japan
                Pitboss Celts

Ok, that's half of us. Everyone stop the *****ing. It is really ruining the enjoyment of this game for the rest of us.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Portugal
                  I am concerned here at my end. As we all know Russia is at war with Rome. But if you look at Civstats Russia has been missing turns again. So I am curious to know how is that war going between these two civs.

*Is Rome attacking Russian’s units if not moved due to missed turn?
                  *Is he waiting for Russia to make a move?
                  *Do they have some kind of understanding how to fight each other when Russia misses his turns?

Do not get me wrong, I am all for the 1/3 timer war move. Just would like to hear what Rome is doing in this case? It’s of course Russia responsibility to be around and take his turns, much so when he was the one to start the war.
                  I'm in no rush. I'm gathering my forces (they where previously on patrol on my large western area of claims.
                  We haven't fought in 2 turns, It seems Russian chariots are pulling back.

I didn't follow them because I assumed he was trying to entrap the small defensive force and destroy it before the bulk of my army returned to Rome.

So yes I was waiting for Russia to make a move, for purely strategic purposes. I don't think he isn't turning in hopes of getting an advantage, I think he is just busy.

But I hope he can come back in a few turns.... I have a surprise for him.

Comment

• The HRE apologizes for not posting lately - but to be honest - this game has me totally discouraged. It has nothing to do with what anyone has said or done, but the damn RNG.

I was hampered early in this game losing two scouts to animals which had roughly a 10% chance of success. In both cases they won. And neither scout made it very far from the capitol.

Then I directed all my reseach in a religious direction (being what my civ is all about) only to end up finishing one religious tech as the same time as another civ - and you know who you are - and my understanding that it is random as to who gets the religion. I did not. Which then meant another long slog to get the religion.

And most recently - I had just finished a settler. He was moving to a new city site guarded by a unit. Monday night I missed playing one turn in weeks, courtesy of an old friend on a cross-country cycling trip dropping in un-announced, and then the connection going out later that night due to a doozy of an electrical storm. When I logged in the next day, lo and behold a barbarian warrior appeared on the turn before, and moved and attacked my warrior on the turn I missed. Its odds were not good for victory (30% or so), but guess what, it won. Settler gone.

Sigh. I'll get over it. Thanks for listening.

Comment

• wow HRE really had bad luck. i hope things get better for you. but look on the bright side at least your not last in points.

Comment

• That does suck. Excuse me if I am an idiot but what does RNG stand for?
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• That sucks HRE
                          I hope it'll get better soon. Maybe one of your surrounding civs can donate a settler to you as a sign of friendship.

Since now the majority has voted against changing any rule I'll move all rule-debates to a different thread.
                          Of course, if there's something that really needs debating there can be exceptions. But even in that case we first talk about the question if we do debate the subject, and if we do, then we exchange arguments.

Like: "Can we please debate the following rule since in my game this and this happened and it must be addressed"

Then if 5-7 players say it's fine to debate the rule, we start to debate it.
                          In seperated threads everything can obviously be debated, but don't expect the players of this game to read it.

Regarding the thing the Greek raised (posting a list of story/diplo/military achievements) for voting purposes: everybody is free to post such a thing obviously.
                          It's not a rule that players should or should not do it. Nor should players who do it deserve votes more then players who don't do it.

I don't think it needs any form of debate. Everyone is free to summarize his stories or diplomacy or military strategy if he wants to. And it's up to you if you read it and take it into consideration if you vote.

I'm going to be pretty strict in removing posts from this thread. (so help my Ozzy). As soon as the majority of the players want me to become less strict I'll become less strict

For the record: everyone is free to debate stuff in seperate threads. (like The Capo did).
                          But beware: don't spam the mp forums! There are more MP players then diplo players.

Comment

• HRE that really sucks, still you can't beat my odds of 99% vs a warrior and still loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss H Roman
                              The HRE apologizes for not posting lately - but to be honest - this game has me totally discouraged. It has nothing to do with what anyone has said or done, but the damn RNG.

I was hampered early in this game losing two scouts to animals which had roughly a 10% chance of success. In both cases they won. And neither scout made it very far from the capitol.

Then I directed all my reseach in a religious direction (being what my civ is all about) only to end up finishing one religious tech as the same time as another civ - and you know who you are - and my understanding that it is random as to who gets the religion. I did not. Which then meant another long slog to get the religion.

And most recently - I had just finished a settler. He was moving to a new city site guarded by a unit. Monday night I missed playing one turn in weeks, courtesy of an old friend on a cross-country cycling trip dropping in un-announced, and then the connection going out later that night due to a doozy of an electrical storm. When I logged in the next day, lo and behold a barbarian warrior appeared on the turn before, and moved and attacked my warrior on the turn I missed. Its odds were not good for victory (30% or so), but guess what, it won. Settler gone.

Sigh. I'll get over it. Thanks for listening.
                              Oh man.... that is some horrible luck...

I am open to helping you out, but I really need an open channel of communication with you. Is there an e-mail you regularly check? I tried messaging you on CivStats, but I'm not sure if you check that. Not all negotiations should be here in the public forum, so.. can I get an e-mail for you?

Thanks. We'll get through this.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• HRE has a diplo-mail account as we....

Comment

Working...
                                X