Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just done reading through all July posts again to decide upon my votes.
    Maybe next time each player should make one post in which he explains why he thinks that he should get votes in each category. That way it's easier to grasp all posts at once, be remembered about things you read in the past, and it gives an overview.

I'd write something like:
    Story: My stories about Sparta, Athens and Corinthia, the differences of culture between the cities and how that worked through in chosing sides between the Koreans and the Mayas. The pictures I created about real in-game events. The co-written story of General Bae and Lacedaemon. The story semi written by the Koreans and the Spartans.

Diplomacy: the way the Spartans settled a border with the Koreans. The story of the Spartans/Athenians/Corinthians was used to get this border done. The co-written story with the Koreans was also used to get this border exactly where I wanted it.

Military Strategy: placing my archers in such a way that the Koreans couldn't map out my lands while I knew about their lands, making it possible for me to get a better border deal.
    Placing all my units in such a way that it's impossible for barbarians to show up.

Well, that's just an example, but if everyone does it we can more easily and in a more fair way decide upon our votes.

Comment

• so what we organsiing today ??

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
        I suggest that we stop suggeting new suggestions.
        let's play the game within the current rules.

I'm sure that we can come up with better ideas and better rules into eternity, but it has to stop one day.
        I'm really not looking forward to a 14+months game with ongoing arguments about rules and ideas.

So let's all agree to stop debating the rules.
        If something comes up that really needs a debate we can always make an exception for that.

Everyone who agrees says: aye
        100% aye!!!!!!!!!!
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• when is the next voting going to start?

Comment

• Voting for July ends in one day time...

voting for augsut starts 1st September

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
              Voting for July ends in one day time...

voting for augsut starts 1st September
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackdragon921
                aye
                aye

Comment

• aye

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Greece

Military Strategy: placing my archers in such a way that the Koreans couldn't map out my lands while I knew about their lands, making it possible for me to get a better border deal.
                    Placing all my units in such a way that it's impossible for barbarians to show up.
                    Having scouted your lands to north and south, i see no units in those areas. so how the heck are you stopping barbs coming.

I think reality is you have been fortunate not to be attcked repeatedly rather than troop placement.

I think you will find the barbs will be coming from your north shortly though, the only way to prevent barbs is to have your units seeing all the land. no just explored once. so you may see them coming and kill them as they approach , this is no different to everyone elses approach to barbs.

So whilst you may think you have been great militarily i think it more luck

But knowing how the people here vote, you will get plenty to choose you.

Comment

• Damn Raz, why do you have to trash Greece's political campaign?

Comment

• mainly cause he getting most of that done by having you as his opponent.

perhsaps we should do as greeks says and make a new thread for Political Vote gsthering.

You get to tell people why you deserve votes..

any one else agree.
                        Last edited by Pitboss Vikings; August 20, 2008, 19:32.

Comment

• I think this is an appropriate thread to do that in, I would keep it here, if one were so inclined. I'd rather not engage in the practice, but I am not against other people doing it. I don't think we should necessarily challenge their points though, I think making the argument for yourself is sufficient though.

If he wants to name-drop Korea that's fine, he never said I agreed with his points, but he has a right to mention my country as it has been involved in his game.

And I wouldn't necessarily call me an opponent of Greece.
                          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• capo capo capo ...

when it comnes to the voting we are all opponents of one another.

there is no oh gee my ally the greeks won wooohoooo

no it is your opponents that will win.

i think if people are going to post why they deserve to be voted then the naysayers must also be allowed to point out how there political speeches are full of crap;

Comment

• Yeah but you didn't say he was full of crap, you said he was using me as an opponent to gain votes. Now I wouldn't necessarily put usig archers to block a mountain pass as a military accomplishment, but others may see it different. I mean everything he said happened, its not like he made anything up. Honestly that was in the military vote, and if you vote based on the time-frame you are supposed to there really weren't much military conflicts going on, other than the one between you and Japan, and I am sure most people don't know about that. So instead of challenging his post, why don't you write up one of your own explaining why you think you should get the military votes. I mean his weren't that strong to begin with, its not like he said he waged a campaign of conquest, or took a holy city, or razed barbarian towns. He just said he placed troops, any actual victory should handily beat that. So if you think you did better, say it like he did.
                              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• raz didn't do much of anything while fighting me exept for getting his a$$ handed to him. i will give him credit for killing all those barbs. he has been able to hold his own. so he would get my vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X