Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capo is an idiot!

Hey, I hate to admit this.

What exactly is pitboss, and how does it work for a diplogame?
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

The game is constantly live on a server, for instance Beyond the Pit is hosted by Cybershy.

You log in to the server and play your turn, no need to be online together.

Is very slow to start with little to do obviously but apart from that it ok
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Basically we all play like one or two turns a day.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

How do you know when somebody has taken a turn, or how do you handle quick negotiations or emergency situations like that?
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

you not waiting on others taking a turn., you jsut have to have your turn within the timer limits.

eg. we started with 8 hr turn timer so sometime in that 8 hrs you take your turn

now we on 12 hr turn timer

later we moving to 24 hr timer

Diplomacy is taken via emails or posting here.

This is the main reason that undeclared wars are frowned upon.

Comment

Eh, that format isn't exactly winning me over.

Do we have to play like that?

One Love.

Comment

The benift is that you dont need to all be on line at the same time. Means any real life commtitments can be asttended to witohut interfering with the game.

I dont like the lack of communicastion in the game, but provided people post well and use emails if necessary, it is a good system.

Comment

The benift is that you dont need to all be on line at the same time. Means any real life commtitments can be asttended to witohut interfering with the game.
                Not to mention connectivity issues are a thing of the past.

We are running 18 players with no issues.

Comment

18 players with no issues...so far. *Knocks on Wood*
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I understand that as a benefit, but I think that hindering diplomatic options is a bad thing, especially for something called a DIPLOgame.

I'll try it out, but I have reservations.

One Love.

Comment

the only issue is the peopel who have joined our current game are not all DIPLO palyers. they jsut palying it like any usual CIV MP game, that is ruining the game.

I think too many DIPLO (ozzy especially) have been bragging how good they are so a few regualr CIV MP people have joined to show who is the best.

That is not what DIPLO is about.

Comment

I would say Ozzy deserves to brag, he is a fantastic diplogamer. But I can understand your point.

And I also noticed that in your pitboss storyline thread the storylines aren't great (sorry guys, they aren't) and it doesn't seem that everyone is posting.

So I would agree with Rasputin, although it seems the game is in its early goings, so that may also be a factor.

One Love.

Comment

How do I know when it is my turn?

One Love.

Comment

cybe has setup an auor email to remond you, but it pretty easy, every 8 hrs it your turn, if you dont move the turn moves on anyway.

Comment

The civ stats page is much easier then auto reminders.

Link for it can be found in the first post of the organizational thread.

I think that hindering diplomatic options is a bad thing
                              IMO pitboss allows for better diplomatic options. In a standard diplogame, some major $hit might go down in the middle of a session, which forces players to make rash decisions because of the time issue.

In pitboss, you could theroeticly email pages of diplomacy back and forth before the next turn is played.

It is actually much more flexable from a diplo aspect as long as people are willing to utilize it.

Comment

Working...
                              X