Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at civstats Celts seem to have been able to take 90% of their turns. Not counting 4 of July.

Comment

• there is no reason we can't do 12 hr turns. if its worked so far it will keep working.

Comment

• I'm not demanding we have 12 hour turns, but I am saying if it has worked so far there's no reason it shouldn't continue to work. Its not like you're going to spend a SERIOUSLY long amount of time on one single turn.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• I can speak up myself and say that I can't check in more than once a day. Sometimes not even that often.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
            I'm not demanding we have 12 hour turns, but I am saying if it has worked so far there's no reason it shouldn't continue to work. Its not like you're going to spend a SERIOUSLY long amount of time on one single turn.
            It isn't about spending a lot of time, it is about having the time and ability to check in on your computer twice a day.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• If it's not possible to do it for one of us, we should'nt do it.

But as soon as Ozzy posts at 'poly more then twice a day we'll revert to a 12h timer immediately
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• i am happy to go with whatever ozzy needs to ensure he is on every turn

Comment

• This is BS why stop for one player. If he had been able to play with the 12 hr timer till now then he can continue with the 12 hr. I would see if more then half of us had a problem with it but if only less then one has a problem then too bad. We should continue on the way we are its already boring enough with only 12 hr timer any less and I might as well hang myself just to pass the time away.

Comment

• Because we agreed upon that before we started the game.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• we agreed on alot of things that we just keep throwing to the side so why not do the same with this? i say if the majority wishes to keep 12hr turns going then we keep it if not then i'll stut up and i you wont hear a word from me.

Comment

• 24 hour timer.

And I speak as a player who could do 2 turns a day (under normal circumstances).

This assures everyone gets to play their turn.

I wouldn't be too concerned about trying to get the turn to end early by everyone playing their turn. With 18 players this is going to be a rare occurrence.

Comment

• Waiting for everyone takes too long. I myself don’t play every turn nor do I want to. It already takes forever to make something or even to move. If 24 hrs is what will eventually go to then all I ask is for another 100 turns just to keep things moving after that I will not complain at all

Comment

• I wouldn't be opposed to keeping 12 (or like 14-16) for a bit longer. But not for another 100 turns. But with the goal that we switch to 24 (ish) hour turns soon.

Comment

• Yeah, I really don't want to play this game for TWO YEARS. Its kind of boring the way it is right now, and if the wait time gets doubled I think the game will suffer rather than benefit (as seems to be the popular logic). But its up to the majority, of course.

I think the 24 hour thing should occur at least 100 turns from now, if we should even implement it.
                              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• seeing the 24hr timer is only a max i dont see an issue switching to it whenever we can, becasue if everyone plays their turn when they can then the turn will end and start a new one. at least with a 24 hr timer any real life issues should mean you may only miss one turn s day. but if things are good we may still get two turns in a day if we all check frequently.

remeber the timer is only max time not the set time

Comment

Working...
                                X