Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lz, I appreciate your deep analysis on things but I think it best to not post on it as it becomes a self-feeding, self destructive frenzy. It's not helping. It is a total grey area the whole thing and the community is not unanimous. Maya and Corea made their respective decisions.

Less OOC debate, less trouble. Game must survive.
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• OOC is not good, but the OOC circumstances in which the Maya stole the Corean worker make that we must push the Mayans to return the worker.

Back then I said that the game would be reloaded. I did this based on the information that the Coreans lost their capital/only city. There was some misunderstanding there.

Anyway, from that moment on the Coreans stopped playing which make it easy for the mayans to steal their worker.

Therefor the worker had to be returned. period.

As a host I have learned from this situation.
      Next time a situation like this will happen I will pause the game immediately.
      I expected the Mayans to confirm to the general community wish to return the worker. At one point the Mayans even promised to return the worker. They never did.

When I come home from work in a couple of hours I'm going to take down the game untill the Mayans have promised to return the worker immediately

Regarding the 2nd war, imho the Maya are not to blame.
      It was clear that there was tension between the Mayans and the Coreans. The Coreans were the weaker party, the Mayan invasion is well based in a story outline.

The Coreans had the idea that diplomacy is finding a compromis. They apparantly didn't knew that war is only an extension to diplomacy.

They should have accepted an unfair border, build up an army and start the war when they were ready for that.
      The Mayans should have understood that there is no future in bullying your neighbour.
      That's how borders grow. It's the ballance between power and avoiding future tension.

Who was Corea?

Ps. I had no idea who England was
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Something else: next time an issue like this occurs (pls let this never happen) I will just be the referee.
        Letting the 'community' decide will just result in an eternal ongoing debate.

I think that someone must take the lead in an 18 player game. If my decision isn't ok the community can always speak up.

If you guys have a problem with this, speak up now. If nobody speaks up within the next 7 days I consider myself referee. (If I will get into a conflict, I'll just accept my loss.)

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

I think that someone must take the lead in an 18 player game. If my decision isn't ok the community can always speak up.

If you guys have a problem with this, speak up now. If nobody speaks up within the next 7 days I consider myself referee. (If I will get into a conflict, I'll just accept my loss.)
          That's ok for me, at least there will be clear decisions if there are any issues, and Rasputin could stop speaking in the name of 17 other players (just taunting ).

But if you we do like this, there is no need to pause the game. You say Maya gives the worker back, and he has to. Period.

And this matter can be considered settled, finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings

No i just built itnext to my Warrior. left his city undefneded though !!

Nah just kididng....

I think ozzy wanted it one square different to where ti is.

I have no idea how the hell you could mess this up.

You'd think those instructions would have been clear enough.... ****ing hell...

With everyone's whining about Korea, I've also lost my only worker and now my second city is in the wrong location too. Ugh.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Something else: next time an issue like this occurs (pls let this never happen) I will just be the referee.

i have an idea to make thing alittle easier for us all. we need to split everyone up by what side of the world they are on. slpit up the story threds so each side has their own and one person from each side becomes the referee not just you. I don't know what side cyber is on but i have no problem keeping my side of the world in order.

Comment

• I'm never going to tell you which side of the world I'm on. I'm not going to reveal my identity, not even if I'm the last anonymous person

Comment

Something else: next time an issue like this occurs (pls let this never happen) I will just be the referee.

I don't mind you being referee, but I'd prefer that you have the final decision, not the initial decision. Let the rest of us hash it out. You can be the judge, but I think it important that we have some say in what's going on.

Comment

• Look, I am Korea now, I am talking to Maya now, there is no need for anyone to help anyone out or make the Mayan player feel more unwanted. He is what he is, and I will deal with it with my envoys. Let's just play a diplogame here kids, okay?
                    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Can SOMEONE send me my e-mail information? The Maya sent their proposal for the border agreement through the plomp mail or g-mail or whatever it is and I can't figure out the login/password on my own so I need someone to send it.

I posted about this in this thread AND the story thread, maybe we should stop worrying about the poor Corean workers and start worrying about the poor Corean diplogamer!

Comment

• I suggest the following :

Turn A begins.
                        Issue occurs.
                        People start discussing it.
                        Turn B begins.
                        Turn C begins.
                        People stop discussing it and Cyber decides what is to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

I have no idea how the hell you could mess this up.

You'd think those instructions would have been clear enough.... ****ing hell...

With everyone's whining about Korea, I've also lost my only worker and now my second city is in the wrong location too. Ugh.
                          obviously why you so good atthis game ozzy and i suck, i built it one square wrong, so you didnt get a perfect city site sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                            obviously why you so good atthis game ozzy and i suck, i built it one square wrong, so you didnt get a perfect city site sorry.
                            BTW, it wouldn't have been perfect anyway, even if you placed it on the spot.

Comment

• I still thing your all too easly giving cyber too much power. and fine you dont want to split it up at least consider having three people not just cyber being the referee. i would feel much better knowing that one person doesn't controll everything.

Comment

• We may agree on 2 people having a veto right on Cyber's decision (both vetos would be required). But I don't think that to be necessary. Cyber seems to be responsable enough for this position.

Comment

Working...
                                X