Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been thinking about it and I would also like to see the Votes.

Comment

• Nobody against making the vote-results public?
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• the in game score can be manipulated but it never is.

The way to manipulate it is for everyone below number 1 to decalre war on number 1.

this doesnt happen unfortunalty .

It would make for a good game of diplo.

Comment

• Why not all declare war on number 14? Just to see what happens?
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• i like that idea lets do it

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC
              Why not all declare war on number 14? Just to see what happens?
              ahhh well that would simply mean one less player in the game...

Comment

• I have no problem with making the votes results public.

But keep the details (who voted for who, and the comments about the votes , should there be some) secret 'til the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
                  I have no problem with making the votes results public.

But keep the details (who voted for who, and the comments about the votes , should there be some) secret 'til the end.
                  oh yes dont reveal who voted for who.... that too much information

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                    ahhh well that would simply mean one less player in the game...
                    Well... since I was referring to the current player 14 (regardless of their future position), who happens to be you, I can only hope you're not contemplating copying Korea.

Also, I just thought of a simple compromise that should keep everyone happy concerning votes (not that I've seen anyone saying no, other than Cyber):
                    Reveal the result after the next round of voting is closed. In other words, wait until everyone has voted for July, and then reveal the June results. That way, even if people change their votes based on the previous results, it's not going to make much difference straight away, and if the order drastically switches in July, then when people vote in September for August, those that change their votes will be affected by the July results, and change accordingly. This should then hopefully neuter some of the strategic/block voting that people might be afraid of. So:
                    • Round 1 votes counted
                    • Round 2 votes counted
                    • Round 1 results revealed (voting scores only)
                    • Round 3 votes counted
                    • Round 2 results revealed (voting scores only)
                    • etc

I'm sure people can accept waiting a couple more weeks before seeing the scores. This is simply about making as many people happy as possible.
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC

Well... since I was referring to the current player 14 (regardless of their future position), who happens to be you, I can only hope you're not contemplating copying Korea.
                      if everyone declared war on me then i think i would leave. no point playing when the world is at war with someone so low in score.

different if you higher in pts, you can handle a war, drop a few places on score maybe and then everyone stops fighting you and fights the new number one.

havent played any civ 4 games in diplo but back in the civ2 days ofdiplo, the pts leaders always kept out of big wars which is why the kept their score high, the smaller civs were always at war with each other becasue they had nothing else to do. and were usually sponsored by one of the bigger civs to conduct htat war secretly.

Comment

• WOW... Good thing I was joking then.

Comment

• Personally I just want to see the scores to see how I am doing, but I also happen to think it will enhance the game and make it more fun for everybody. It gives us something to look forward to, something to check the threads for etc.

Secondly, let's not catch feelings over remarks that were made in jest, or at least not intended to be taken seriously. This only leads to more squabbles, let's keep the fighting to the story threads.
                          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo

Secondly, let's not catch feelings over remarks that were made in jest, or at least not intended to be taken seriously. This only leads to more squabbles, let's keep the fighting to the story threads.
                            who died and made you boss?
                            i do agree lets keep the fighting in the story and act live civilized men, or in the mayan's case woman.

Comment

• Nobody died, I was ALREADY the boss, son!

"Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• you wont be boss for long.

Comment

Working...
                                X