No announcement yet.

Diplogame HOTW XII Ragnarok - Story Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War has come to the Ottoman Empire. This unprovoked action from the French is uncalled for. We told them we would give the oil yet they continue to move their forces to attack. We have done nothing to them but if they decide to continue this unprovoked attack we will declare a never ending war on the French. We will drive the French from this continent and make sure they can never recover again. This can still be avoided if the French take our offer and leave our lands and city in peace.

Comment

• I wonder how many ottoman cities I can burn before your pathetic military can even get started. Let's find out. You're obviously just stalling for the Dutch, so let's get it on. You never gave the oil as promised, and continued supplying it to the Dutch. We won't be taking any territroy besides the oil fields, but we will have to eliminate some undesirable centers of population if they choose to interfere.
      'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

• I am not doing anything for the Dutch. And like I said already, Pull your troops out of my teritories and i will stop supplying the dutch and supply you. but if you wish to go forth make sure you burn everl last city because I will never back down as long as even one city stands.

Comment

• There's still time to do as you say. No "attacks" have taken place. I have just tired of your stalling. Provide the oil immediately and you can still avoid any fighting.
          'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

• read your PM ASAP

Comment

• Mongolia is greatly concerned with the belligerence of foreign nations as of late.
              OOC. Can't connect to host. Again... Worked fine yesterday.
              Last edited by Diplo Mongolia; December 8, 2008, 08:56.
              e-mail: diplo_mongolia [at] plomp.eu
              msn: diplo_mongolia [at] hotmail.com

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• My PC rebooted itself whilst I was asleep. Somehow it did it cleanly too. Game is up again.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• you might be wise to conduct an excorcism of that comp mmc...

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• Nah... turns out there was a power cut of some kind. And my pc is set to remember the last power state after a cut.
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Welcome back to our lectures. Allow me to show you an excerpt from a Mongolian writer from the early 1800's that illustrates the situation politically at the times.

On the fifth day of October, the news broke completely unexpected and unpredicted, France had declared war on Holland. Only weeks after the peace treaty had been signed. I worked as a clerk at the Mongolian Foreign Ministry during the time and to speak mildly, it was in an uproar. Bureaucrats were running around screaming at eachother, throwing papers and shouting down hallways and into telephones. I remember my supervisor throwing a chair through the room and threatening to get his bow.

My friend at the Blackened Arrow told me the situation there was equally hectic, but with a strain of determination and control that the Foreign Ministry lacked. The French declaration of war against Holland had come so sudden and unreasonable, as the Dutch attack against Mongolia only few years prior, that the Minister of Foreign Affairs was so confused he had given up all hope of estimating what other nations were planning through intelligence and communication. It seemed irrationality and unpredictability controlled the actions of other nations, which prevented any stable relationship with other nations. Just as the Isolationist Party had been saying for decades.

Internal shifts within the political powerdistribution seemed imminent.

Comment

• (Daniela accepts the proposal)

btw. let's get some stories going again! (as a measure to keep my involvement in diplogames to a reasonable level, I will do 95% of all diplomacy and story posting in the weekends, so don't expect fast replies if you send something on monday)
                        Last edited by Diplo Mongolia; January 16, 2009, 11:55.

Comment

• The secret government papers released...

Dirk Ginkel perused the papers to get a sense of history and allow him to reflect.

This came from an unsolicited source several decades ago:

War vs. Holland

I've just looked at the world situation, things are not looking that bad, actually the situation is comparable to the one before the war.

Actually I don't know why you guys are so down. You have infantry together with the Mongols you could easily take Holland. You and Mongolia outproduce Holland by over 80%! Your combined power rating is over 50% bigger than Hollands. All that needs to be done is to upgrade Mongolian troops, and position forces and something proper can be done.

And this is without any aid from any other countries on terra. People we need to ensure this freak sleeping accident dosen't prevent us from seeing the objective. I propose positioning troops and restarting the war before Holland gets Faschism, unlike last time please try to make a team effor on this one.

Unlike you guys who keep whining I actually did hurt this session, a lot. I lost two cities most of my army and now have to develop my city all over again. The Ottomans are slowly but surley coming close to taking over the entire continent of New Holland (something that would have provoked outrage a few centuries ago, but diplogamers are like frogs in boling water in this respect), people are happy to trade two tiny cities for one large developed one but mark my words by the games end Ottomans will be unconquerable, fortified on a continent where no one will be able to touch them. Score is irelevant if score actually told important things Holland would be lying in ruin by now."
                          He kept reading...
                          Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
                          [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• De-classified

Dirk had received this from France.

This is classified.

Mongolia is weak no? Why not return the Incan favour? Use the Mongols as your proxies?

Supply them with gold and troops once they have commited.

Then declare war on them with Mongolia, you see if you are interested in this then I might be interested in joining you two and causing a bit of chaos in New France...

Their GDP is untouchabe, they have a larger army than mongolia and they have beaten you to physics, radio, etc. Their production is rising, and they have the largest land area on Terra (meaning they can spam an extra 12 cities if they wanted to).

The end game is near, soon the space race will start. Incas are your only realisitc rival in this endavour. As far as I can tell this seems to be a standard conclusion to diplo games , well that or Ozzy, but Ozzy has had America too short a time (with the constant subbing) to ever materialise as a threat.
                            [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• Dirk always realised that the two were by the same author...
                              [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Working...
                              X