Diplogame HOTW XII Ragnarok - Story Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diplo Mongolia
    i can't remember any tech trade agreement....

[17:05] Dirk Ginkel: techs?

[17:05] Do'kar: the only tech i have that you dont is communism, flight and radio

[17:19] Dirk Ginkel: i'd like radio

[17:19] Roosevelt: (i'm just proud i have a tech someone else doesn't have, don't mind me)
    [17:19] Dirk Ginkel:
    [17:19] Dirk Ginkel: you did vey well Roosevelt
    [17:20] Dirk Ginkel: just dont mention Carpathia or BATS ever again please...
    [17:20] Roosevelt: hehe
    [17:20] Roosevelt: i loved that whole saga
    ghostbusters, meets Heros, meets, revolutionary war, meets vampires, meets civ. legendary
    [17:20] Dirk Ginkel: sh
    Last edited by Diplo Holland; November 19, 2008, 23:09.
    Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
    [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• sshh
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• this game is very interesting

Comment

• Nations of the world,

The Ottoman Empire has been turned over to the great Ivan. The great Ivan would like to extend the hand of friendship to all, especially those who might have been enemies of The Ottoman Empire in the past. The great Ivan looks forward to hearing from all who wish to start anew. We hope to hear from all nations.

Ivan,

Comment

• Josef. Part 1

Josef Piroslava was born in a poor industrial suburb of Rostov. He was slight in stature; a physique that was further stunted by poor nutrition. His father was seldom home, and when he was, he was mostly drunk. It was not uncommon for Josef and his mother and his siblings to be subject to physical and verbal abuse. It was not a happy childhood. He became withdrawn.

In school, Josef was a mediocre student. He was also continually being bullied by bigger and more popular students. This led to him further withdrawing from contact with others. And this in turn led to him being even more ostracized.

He could easily have drifted into anonymity; or just as easily have committed suicide at an early age. But there was a tough streak in young Josef. And he was desperate for survival - and revenge. So when one of his constant harassers, without his usual complement of lackeys, decided to pick on Josef one night on the way home from school, he was ready. Feigning cowardice and defeat, he fell to the ground - at a place he had pre-determined. When the larger boy descended on him, Josef welcomed him with a heavy brick to the side of the skull. Bleeding profusely, the boy fell to the ground. But he was still breathing, so Josef brought the brick down between his eyes.

Josef hurried home for dinner.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Josef: Part 2

Two months later, another boy at Josef's school was found dead, strangled by a length of wire cable. This killing also went unsolved, but interestingly enough, Josef was no longer the target of bullying. In fact, other students now gave him a wide berth. Josef learned to play up his new role, and carried himself with a sense of confidence.

This new self-assurance impressed Josef's teachers, who upon graduation from the grades, were more than pleased to sign his recommendation for entrance to the Moscow police academy.

He graduated as a police officer four years later. It was another confidence builder for Josef, but a difficult period for the academy, which up until recently had an unblemished reputation. But the unsolved murder of three of its students, and the apparent suicide of an instructor, left the institution somewhat shaken.

Josef, graduating near the middle of his class, was assigned to the Kiev Police Force. This suited him fine. The Kiev force was recognized as one of the weakest in the nation, and Kiev had always had a high crime rate.

To the other passengers on the train ride to Kiev, the young stone-faced police officer staring out the window looked both bored and nondescript. If only they knew.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Vladimir, Has my peace trade been rejected? Did you get a diplo screen from me? America made peace.

I can see all your destroyers BTW. They better move back, and the planes in France better be rehomed.

Also, did Inca get my diplo screen?

My previous turn finished with an OOS so I wasn't sure if you guys got my proposals.
                [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• Josef: Part 3

Five years after being assigned to the Kiev Police Force, Josef Piroslava was promoted to Head of the Force. This was ostensibly in recognition of the results he had achieved in dramatically reducing the crime rate in Kiev. However, some whispered, very quietly, that bribes and blackmail had more to do with a promotion of an officer of such a young age, and such limited experience.

On the day of the promotion ceremony, Josef could looked back on his achievements, and how easy they had really been. The use of force, correctly applied, made all the difference.

He recalled the case early in his career that set the tone. He had a warrant for the criminal's arrest, and had him in cuffs. But the man just scoffed at Josef, knowing full well that his connections in the courts would see him freed before the end of the week. Josef knew this too. So he simply marched the man down an alley, shot him in the chest, and slipped a knife into the dead mans hand. He then whistled for back-up. And over the next three days, he calmly traced and shot remaining five members of the criminal's gang.

Six months later, he tried a new tactic, and arrested a wanted criminal. With his contacts and friends that he had made, he then traced the case through the courts, and easily determined where the money was changing hands, and who was pulling the strings. Over the next few weeks he eliminated every corrupt court official through a variety of ways. He also ensure the incriminating documents and/or illegal payments were found on their bodies.

His crowning glory in his fight on crime, and use of harsh tactics, came six months earlier. A dozen members of one of the few remaining Kiev crime gangs was trapped in small warehouse by police, and it looked like a shootout was imminent. Josef, in charge of the operation, had a wagon pushed against the doors of the warehouse, arguing that he did not want the criminals to make a break for it. At the same time, two fires started on the other side of the building. There was sufficient delay in reaching the fire department, and all 12 gang members perished in the fire.

Yes, Josef reflected as the new badge was pinned on his chest, the formula was fairly simple. It just took the courage to apply it.

Comment

• Also, did Inca get my diplo screen?
                    Yes I saw the diplo screen, I said no to the deal, because I do not know if I have any tech vouchers left.

Comment

• The Blackened Arrow Mongolian Interpretation Institute. (for foreign readers, the Intelligence Agency, also known as MI2)

Sir, remember how you told me to keep an eye on any potential up and comers in the developing nations? Well, it seems that a character by the name of Josef Piroslava has acquired great popularity and renown in the city of Kiev where he has cleaned up nearly all serious crime. He is apparently very effective and does what it takes to get the job done. According to our analysts he seems to have an interesting psychological profile, and provided his desires turn in that direction, which we suspect they will, he will soon be a person of considerable influence in Russian politics.

The master spy looks over the portfolio, examining details and making notes and comments with a red pen. Scratching his chin he ignores the junior interpreter for several minutes, then closes the portfolio, looks up and speaks.

-Very interesting. You have done well. If I remember correctly, and I always do, you studied Russian at the Hsing'Nu Academy. How would you like to get a linguistic practice opportunity? No reply? Good, I like a girl who recognizes a rhetorical question when she is given one. Yes, you will be going to Russia within the week. I want you to personally make this man's acquaintance and if he does indeed rise in the ranks as you have outlined, I want you to offer your services and support. We have amiable relations with the Russians at the moment, but making friends with a rising star is only prudent. And if you will be needing anything exceptional, do not be afraid to ask through the proper channels. If Captain Piroslava is amiably inclined towards Mongolia, you will of course be given all the resources needed to expediate and assist a rise to power. I know your training has been extensive, but do be discrete. Good luck, and don't forget to send updates, we seem to have lost an operative in Mali and we have no idea what happened, you don't want that to happen to you.

The young interpreter blinked twice, nodded and left the room. Closing the door behind her she took a deep breath and tried to stop from shaking. She had never done live field work, and this was an extremely steep first assignment. He must have known that I'd be capable, she thought to herself, or else he wouldn't have sent me. With that thought she straigthened her glasses and returned to her office. She had a lot of business to attend to.

disclaimer, the pic is a german pilot's medal, specifically the WW2 Day Fighter award. but this has nothing to do with that, I just wanted a black arrow type symbol for my famous Mongol Intelligence Agency and this fit. noone get their knickers in a twist please
                      Last edited by Diplo Mongolia; November 25, 2008, 21:35.
                      e-mail: diplo_mongolia [at] plomp.eu
                      msn: diplo_mongolia [at] hotmail.com

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• The Mongolian Tribesmeet (Parliament) is in hot debate. The peace delegations have returned with Holland's offer and there is considerable discord.

The terms are debated furiously.

1. Turfan returned to Mongolia and DEMILITARISED - SUGGEST ONLY FILLED WITH MAX SIX DEFENSIVE UNITS.

2. Holland never again to attack Turfan and all troops returned to base.

3. America or Mongolia to secure a permanent source of Aluminuim (Aluminum) for Holland

4. Culture in De Hague to be kept under control to allow Turfan to expand.

5. A tech be paid to Holland.

6. Mongolia to never again use French cities as bases for Mongolian aircraft.

Looking through the list and following heated shouting, several fights, three stabbings and a threat to explode a grenade, the Representatives finally come to terms long enough to draft a response.

1. Turfan returned to Mongolia and DEMILITARISED - SUGGEST ONLY FILLED WITH MAX SIX DEFENSIVE UNITS.
                        Mongolia would agree to both points. Provided The Hague be equally demilitarized.

2. Holland never again to attack Turfan and all troops returned to base.
                        We find such "eternal promises" difficult to respond to, for nations and governments change. But we find it sensible to sign a mutual non-aggression treaty with a minimum duration of 50 turns of the season.

3. America or Mongolia to secure a permanent source of Aluminuim (Aluminum) for Holland
                        Once again, Mongolia cannot understand how Holland can request a commitment that would last permanently. But we would be prepared to make such an assurance for a minimum duration of 50 turns of the seasons.

4. Culture in De Hague to be kept under control to allow Turfan to expand.
                        This would be necessary to counter the massive and near irrevocable damage done to this ancient cultural centre.

5. A tech be paid to Holland.
                        Here is the matter that Mongolia cannot accept. Mongolia was viciously SNEAK ATTACKED, and had a city burned and another city have its millennia of history and culture destroyed. For us who have developed little that Holland does not already have to give away this seems utterly unreasonable. We cannot accept this.

6. Mongolia to never again use French cities as bases for Mongolian aircraft.
                        Mongolia will agree to not station troops or aircraft in France, provided Holland agrees to the same.

This seems like a fair and just settlement considering the actions committed against Mongolia. Ancient history does not apply here. Only recent history. This will give Holland the assurances that Mongolia will not seek revenge at a later date, and returns things to a near-pre war state, though still the majority of loss of culture and life has been suffered by Mongolia.

Mongolia will not give any war tribute. If the above is not acceptable to Holland, then they can expect a protracted fight that neither party will benefit from, but one that a nation as proud and determined as ours will not shy from. Let it be known that we much prefer peace, but we will not pay tribute to an aggressor. A white peace is the only possible outcome for Mongolia, as far as this can be achieved since the city of Bursa is no more. A grand and ancient city, burned to the ground. This loss Mongolia will take and not ask for reparations. The other terms are acceptable, but we will not pay war tribute.

If this is unacceptable to Holland then they admit that they are fighting a war for profit and as such will rile the nation of Mongolia to continue fighting. We are not being unreasonable here, we are requesting a return to status quo. If Holland does not wish this, then the Mongols will do what we must to reattain that situation. We hope the government of Holland understands.

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• Josef. Part 4

The last three years had been a whirlwind for Josef, both professionally and personally.

A year after being promoted to the head of the Kiev Police Force, he was further promoted to the head of the Moscow Force, the largest in the country. It was here that he first started to learn his way around the political arena, as the head of the Moscow Police was a very important position in the capitol.

And it did not hurt that he now had a female companion. It gave him respectability, and opened up many new social opportunities. He had met Daniela while still in Kiev. Never confident around women, Daniela made him feel comfortable, and self-assured. She had a slightly strange accent, but that was normal of 'border folks', which she was. Besides, that, along with her striking looks, gave her an exotic appeal that was a hit with Moscow urbanites.

It was also during this period that he made his first contact with the Royal Family and Senior Government Officials. He was in charge of security during state functions held in the capitol, and he used every opportunity to his advantage. He was even able to sit beside the Empress Katrina one night at a state dinner, and there discussion turned to the abysmal condition of Russia's Nation Security Bureau, the RNSB.

With Josef's reputation in straightening out troubled security operations, Josef was sure the Empress was leading up to something. But either the Empress was slow in getting to the point, or the thought never occurred to her (as was her reputation as a somewhat inept monarch), but the dinner dragged on and talk turned to the theater and football, neither which interested Josef, but he never gave a hint as such. It was only over dessert and some fine port that Daniela, to Josef's right, raised the topic again, and boldly suggested to the Empress that Josef was just the man to clean up the RNSB. The light went on with the Empress, who agreed that it was a splendid idea. She would attend to it on Monday and ordered another round of port.

That night Josef proposed to Daniela.

Comment

• I need a reply from holland. else the fleet will not sail home and my bombers must continue their campaign.

Comment

• I also need a bit of time to come up with a reply from Daniela

Comment

• The war criminal trial for Commander Himmel had started in De Hague. He was the Commander in charge of the entire Southern Campaign against Mongolia.

Dirk was confident of a successfull prosecution for war crimes - namely the genocide, pillaging, looting and total destruction of Bursa. He and most of Hollande was so ashamed of these events that it directly effected the Dutch negotiations in peace talks with Mongolia.

Mongolia had sufferred gravely despite deserving of reprisals for past deeds. Note that the Second Great War was a sneak attack (unposted) by the Mongols so please don't make issue of that. But Delft had been re-captured for Holland, which was the primary goal; Turfan was captured as a result of an opportunistic suggestion by Commander Himmel; and Bursa had been destroyed.

Dutch pastures, farmlands and mines had been pillaged from the air by Mongolian planes stationed in French cities. Dirk's sense of fair play sees this as incedibly underhand by both the French and Mongols, particularly given that the Americans had wiped out much of the Dutch fleet near Amsterdam - Dirk saw the whole world against him.

But as Vladimir would say, this is the now. This is the moment.

Dirk would not have Mongol planes continue their campaign against a civilian Dutch population. A massive fleet of Mongol Carriers, fighters and destroyers were standing by in nearby French waters, ready to also commence a pillaging campaign. He believed that even Vladimir was irked by this too and he too desired peace.

So it is necessary to give some ground with so many civilian and infrastructure losses on both sides in Delft, Turfan and Bursa.

Dirk would not demand a technology payment. The Mongols had not asked for any reparations, so this is fair.

Turfan would be returned to Mongol control, however de-militarisation restrictions is not necessary in the area.

Dirk agrees that nothing is eternal and a cease fire followed by peace is an in good faith agreement.

Troops will be withdrawn and the main offensive units kept well back. Both sides will not use another country's cities as bases for attacks.

Holland will develop the Aluminuim north of Turfan for its own use but acknowledge that it is borrowed from Turfan and will assist in the culture growth of Turfan if possible - this probably means working together to acquire a Great Artist from some source. Holland will not produce any more great people as all Dutch work in an egalitarian and highly educated environment. Another nation may be able to help here.

Dirk was by now a weary and old man - the last of the Ginkel line.

New ages were dawning and it will be of great comfort to him if Mongolia and Hollande agree on peace.
                                [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

Working...
                                X