No announcement yet.

Diplogame HOTW XII Ragnarok - Story Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case anyone is curious which state is which, here is a full map of America in 1760:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• [OOC - This post covers events during session 15, on June 7th/8th]

Imperialism Sweeps World, America

McKinley’s election coincided with the height of imperialism on the world stage. The Inca extended their global reach over the independent nation of Phrygian, in the northwest reaches of the New World, conquering it in 1752. France and Mongolia waged war on the Ottomans, ultimately dividing up the last of their Old World possessions. The Mali, who had racked up massive debt to French banks over a number of years was forced to submit to French governorship in 1765. French controllers were set up to manage the Mali economy and were the defacto masters of the Mali for the next 30 years. Appointing puppet rulers and putting down rebellions by nationalist forces.

With all the land grabbing going on, many in the United States began to feel they were being left behind. Conveniently, the government in Carpathia was in serious disorder. Central authority broke down after a series of lost wars (lost war vs. Ottomans in 1446-1458) and was vassalized by America (1498-1515). The most disastrous blow for Carpathia was the loss of their overseas colonies in 1730 to a local rebellion by Otto Von Bismark, calling the new nation Germany. While the two nation’s foreign affairs were still linked, they were administered quite separately, and the economy, government, and pride of Carpathia suffered a serious blow.

For many years afterwards the nation seemed to be adrift. Central authority broke down and the nation again reverted to rule by local governors as it did in the years between the two great wars against America. Carpathia continued to regress. Finally, a local rebellion in Focsani signaled the beginning of the end for the mighty Carpathian empire.

Run up to War

Ethnic Americans who stayed behind after Focsani was returned to Carpathian control in the Great Compromise rose up against the Carpathian governor. Many imperialists in the United States saw this as an opportunity to support a new war with the disorganized and impotent Carpathian remnant. Joseph Pulitzer's New York World and William Randolph Hearst's New York Journal were staunchly in favor of war. Newspaper pages were ablaze with graphic accounts of brutalities the American populations of Oradea and Focsani were subjected to by their feudal Carpathian rulers.

Public concern grew over the atrocities being committed in Carpathia. There were many reports of the fundamentalist Carpathian governor in Focsani subjecting massive amounts of rebels to impalement. President McKinley sent the warship, USS Maine to Focsani to protect American interests in the area. After a month in the Focsani harbor, on February 15, 1768 the USS Maine was mysteriously sunk. Two hundred and sixty-six men lost their lives as a result of the explosion or shortly thereafter, and eight more died later from injuries.

On March 28, the US Naval Court of Inquiry declared that a naval mine caused the explosion. Soon a rallying cry went out around the country, “Remember the Maine!” The cry for war was heard loudly not only from the World and the Journal, but from McKinley’s Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Theodore Roosevelt who felt the war would declare the United States a major power on the world stage. Roosevelt said once, "I should welcome almost any war, for I think this country needs one.”

Third and Final Carpathian-American War Begins

With the sinking of the Maine determined to be a mine, on April 20 Congress declared war. Theodore Roosevelt, itching to involve himself in the war resigned his post with the navy and formed the First U.S. Volunteer Cavalry Regiment and immediately went to battle. The regiment quickly attracted nationwide media attention and were nicknamed the “Rough Riders”. Leading the cavalry alongside a larger army of infantry, cavalry and cannon, Roosevelt marched north out of Chicago and met only light resistance on their way to capturing Focsani. The pivotal moment (or at least the most famous) of the assault on Focsani came when Roosevelt led his Rough Riders on a charge up Sfânt Ioan Hill. The Americans successfully captured Focsani in 1769 without major casualties.

Thanks to the historic expansion of American industry and technology over the last few decades, the United States had the capacity to create a dominant military. With the Third Carpathian-American war (internationally known as the War of Carpathian Conquest) underway, the nation began arming itself. By the end of the war the American military would be one of the most advanced – albeit far from the strongest – on the planet. Even its pre-war strength was more than enough to crush the backwards and poorly led Carpathian states. Thanks to a costly trade deal with the Inca to bring in oil, America was able to build tanks, destroyers, and battleships.

After capturing Focsani, President McKinley held off on further assaults. McKinley never truly supported the war, but was driven to action by the atrocities in Focsani and the hawkish frenzy taking over the country. He hoped that my capturing Focsani, many would see the crisis as over. The nation remained at war for the next 4 years, but few battles were fought.

President McKinley’s restraint contrasted with the greed of other imperialist powers who sought to take a piece of the crumbling Carpathian-German alliance. In 1771 the French, Mali, Ottomans and Inca all declared war on Carpathia & Germany. The rush was on. Still McKinley resisted and held the troops back. With no battles to fight, Theodore Roosevelt turned his growing fame and popularity into a governorship of New York.
      Last edited by OzzyKP; November 17, 2008, 02:02.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Election of 1773

After the lengthy 60 year reign of President Grover Cleveland, Congress passed a constitutional amendment (later ratified by the states) early in McKinley’s term to limit presidential terms to 13 years and 4 months. Life spans were beginning to decrease (for some reason) so the nation figured this would be a more reasonable term in office for the president. After the election in 1760, the next election was scheduled for 1773.

The election shaped up to be much the same as 1760. The Democrats again nominated William Jennings Bryan, and the Republicans, of course, nominated President William McKinley. Both parties however nominated new vice-presidential candidates. The Republicans overwhelmingly nominated Governor Theodore Roosevelt for Vice-President. Benefiting from Roosevelt’s soaring national popularity made the Republican ticket in 1773 virtually unbeatable.

The Democrats nominated Adlai E. Stevenson, President Grover Cleveland’s Vice-President. They hoped Stevenson would be able to unify the various wings of the party. Plus, few other contenders wanted to join what they regarded as a doomed ticket.

William Jennings Bryan again pushed his free silver platform, but unlike in 1760, the economy was strong and his economic populism failed to catch on. Furthermore, despite McKinley’s reticence about further gains in the war, the war came under his watch and his Vice-President was one of the war’s most vocal backers. Bryan ran on an anti-imperialism platform. The war however was very popular and Bryan again failed to get traction. Ultimately the votes ended up largely the same as in 1760. McKinley was reelected for a second 13 year, 4 month term.

President McKinley’s second term wouldn’t last long. Just a few months after the election and assuming office, McKinley was shot by an anarchist, Leon Frank Czolgosz, twice in the chest. He would die a week later. Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt would be sworn in as President soon after. He was the youngest man to ever hold the office of US President.

The Rough Rider Finishes Off Carpathia

Almost immediately Teddy reversed course in the Carpathian-American war. Roosevelt had no reservations about war, believing the most ultimately righteous of all wars is a war with savages. Roosevelt, like many Americans, considered the Carpathians to be savages and responded swiftly with military might. By the end of 1773, America captured the long sought after holy city of Oradea. The birthplace of the Jefferson Code, the universalist American religion, was once again in American hands. Bells rang throughout the nation to mark the historic return of Americans to Oradea.

The following years would bring the ultimate downfall of the Carpathians. Plans were drawn up between the Mali and America to divide up Carpathian territory between them. Roosevelt wanted it all for America, but world pressure (especially Mali’s French masters) felt the Mali deserved additional land as well. In 1775, the Mali moved north to capture New Translyvania. Soon the race was on between Mali and America to take the rest. President Roosevelt agreed with the division of land, but hoped American troops would take the remainder of the cities both as a show of strength and national pride, but also to gain valuable experience for the army’s newly minted tanks and Navy Seals.

Roosevelt was relentless in the war. In 1778, the Carpathian capitol, Targoviste fell. In 1782, Galatia & Braila (on the west coast) were captured. In 1784, the western island province of Aachen was captured in an entirely amphibious assault by American Navy Seals, and finally in 1785 the tiny outpost of Nuremberg was captured. The island town was small and of little strategic importance, so Teddy relocated the residents to the mainland. With that, all Carpathian possessions on the mainland were captured. All that remained was a small island colony of Wowie near the Russian New World. In 1790 Russia captured Wowie and the mighty Carpathians were no more.

End of Carpathia – Aftermath

The once proud and fearsome nation is no more. America rejoiced, but not without unease. The ‘vampires’, the ancient epitaph often hurled by anti-Carpathian Americans were no more. For so long America has defined itself in respect to its eternal enemy. In this way final victory caused a certain disquiet among many. No enemies to the north and west. No long armed border to guard. No argument over the “true” Code. No more impalings. The epic wars of the past will remain now, truly and forever in history. The supernatural abilities and wickedness of the Carpathians were now the stuff of legends, blurring the line of myth and history. Even President Roosevelt himself while praising the war as “laying deep the foundations for the future greatness of a mighty people" expressed profound respect for his Carpathian foe. “They fought bravely to the last man, even when clearly outgunned and outmaneuvered. Of all the traits that will be forever attached to the memory of Carpathia such as cruelty, greed, and wickedness, so too should the traits of bravery, courage, and honor. America is proud to have sent generations of young men to fight such a worthy adversary.”

President Roosevelt met with Mali and French leaders in Paris to discuss a treaty to divide up Carpathian lands. As promised before the war, Targoviste, Galatia, Braila, and Aachen were handed to the Mali. Despite doing the lions share of the work, the United States only added two major cities in their conquest – Oradea and Focsani. However even without any major cities, the US took additional rural land to the west. Just enough land to carve out some additional states. The Mali were awarded part of Arkansas due to the growing ethnically Mali population there.

Last edited by OzzyKP; November 17, 2008, 02:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diplo Holland
          "I call on America and now thank America for ending their attacks on us. The blockades have been lifted and it is believed their military will return home, including a stack of tanks poised to take a Dutch city.

I call on the leader of France to stop allowing its cities to be used as bases for Mongolian aircraft to pillage Holland's coutryside. We are not attacking any Mongolian cities or units yet their aircraft continue to raid us.

I call on Mongolia to consider a humble peace for it is they who have perpetrated attacks on Holland since the beginning of time.

Make a sensible offer.

I call on the whole world to wake up and realise that three major civilisations have targetted Holland over recent years and in fact for eons in some cases.

I believe America did not fully understand the full dimension of the situation but significant discussions are now under way with America.

I call on the Inca to assist the peace process, particularly given their past admitted mistakes in gifting huge stacks of units to Mongolia in the last Great War. If peace talks fail please use your military to re-balance power in the East.

How can Holland keep taking air raid attacks yet not strike back across the borders into Mongolia?

If Mongolia can not make an acceptable offer of peace I call on the world to bring forth a leader or group of leaders with great diplomatic skills to broker such a peace."

TO: Holland, Mongolia, France, Ottomans (sorry I forget everyone's leaders names)

Concerning: The Mongol-Dutch War

There is much to be said about the current state of world affairs, America's role in it, and the possibility of peace.

The last two years have been a time of instability and human suffering. In 1795 the Dutch invaded Mongolia without new provocation, but to seek justice & vengeance for past wars. The assault was swift and powerful. In 1795 the Dutch captured the historically Mongol city of Turfan, and the following year they took back the Dutch city of Delft. Also in 1796 the Mongol (formerly Ottoman) town of Bursa was captured by Dutch troops. The Dutch troops then committed the worst atrocity of the modern era when they razed this ancient city to the ground killing hundreds of thousands of Turkish and Mongol civilians.

It was in response to this shocking action that my administration was forced to respond. Thirty years ago America invaded Carpathia to protect civilians who were suffering many human rights abuses at the hands of their Carpathian masters. The impalings and concentration camps the people of Focsani and Oradea suffered were minor crimes compared to the brutal destruction of Bursa.

It was for this reason, and this reason alone, that America began a blockade of Dutch ports. It was my hope then, as now, that such show of force would compel Holland to negotiate an end to this brutal conflict that has claimed many innocent lives. America was not confused about the situation, we entered this conflict deliberately and purposefully. Our goal then, as now, was to protect the innocent, seek justice for war crimes and begin peace talks.

We called off the blockade only at the request of Mongolia, however our demands for peace and justice remain. We have no desire for war whatsoever, but our blockade will return if good faith peace negotiations do not begin immediately.

Holland complains about Mongol air raid attacks, yet it was Holland who started this war and it was Holland who captured three Mongol cities, razing one. To play the victim in this situation is neither honest nor credible.

A Short History of Eastern Wars

It seems that part of the world has experienced constant warfare over generations. Holland is right that we cannot understand the current war without first understanding those that came before. It may be beyond our ability to catalog all crimes and wrongs, but I shall attempt to list at least two hundred years or so.

In 1534 Mongolia declared an unprovoked war on Holland and captured the island city of Delft in 1536. The two sides agreed to an immediate peace after Delft was taken.

Two years later, in 1538, the Ottomans declared an unprovoked war on France. For 30 years this bloody war was fought by both sides and by 1568 the Ottomans succeeded in capturing Tours. Peace was agreed to shortly afterwards. Tours was returned to France in exchange for French new world possessions of Rennes and Bordeaux.

The east then experienced nearly two hundred years of peace until France declared war on the Ottomans in 1744. Their goal was to retake territory lost in the last war. The 40's brought many successes for France as they pursued war on the Ottoman's new world possessions. They captured the Ottoman cities of Izmir and Kayseri in the new world.

Perhaps fearing Mongol cooperation with their French enemy, the Ottomans seized a critical coal deposit near the Mongol city of Turfan. Prompting the Mongols to declare war on the Turks in 1759. The Turks received considerable military aid from Holland.

In the 1760's France took four more new world cities from the Ottomans before finally agreeing to peace in 1768.

The Mongol-Ottoman War heated up considerably in the years 1772-73, and the Mongols captured Bursa, Samsun & Ankara, the remainder of old world Ottoman cities. Later that year the two sides agreed to peace.

The Ottomans suffered considerably in the war, and lost three old world cities, one new world city, and returned the two ill-gotten French cities it took in the last war. All was not lost for the Ottomans however as they took several cities from the Germans in the new world.

The east then has just 20 years of quiet before Holland invades Mongolia in 1795 as recounted earlier. Obstencibly this was to reclaim the ill-gotten city of Delft taken two centuries earlier. However Holland pushed further and took Turfan and raised Bursa.

The facts as the United States sees them:

Unjust wars:
          Mongol invasion of Holland in 1534
          Ottoman invasion of France in 1538

Just wars:
          French invasion of Ottomans in 1744

Wars with a just purpose, initially, that soon became unjust:
          Mongol invasion of Ottomans in 1759
          Dutch invasion of Mongolia in 1795

The Mongols and Ottomans invaded without provokation in 1534 and 1538 just to take land. These are unjust.

The French invaded the Ottomans in 1744 to retake lost land, this was a measured, sensible war, and is just.

The Mongol invasion of the Ottomans in 1759 began with a just purpose, but the amount of land taken was disproportionate to the offense that started the war. Same with the current Dutch invasion.

I do not know how to rectify these injustices, but I believe that we, as a world, can try. As a neutral third party to this ongoing conflict I hereby offer to host a peace conference in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Holland, France, Mongolia and the Ottomans are all invited.

I hope this can happen as soon as possible so some agreement may be reached. Please respond right away.

Theodore Roosevelt
          President
          United States of America

Comment

• Impressive story line.

I particularly liked the earlier attack on NYC by the "Unmercyful", and the Lost generation war. But kudos to all for some great stuff.

(But please - Ozzy as God!!?? )
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Bow before me mortal!

OOC - I created the map before I started playing, so it was all based on that.

Comment

• New American States Added

With the addition of new territory from the Third Carpathian-American war, there were plenty of new states to add to the Union. Congress admitted eight new states from former Carpathian territory during Roosevelt's time in office.

Additionally, with war and other developments in the south, American borders changed in the south and southeast. Portions of Alabama, Pennsylvania, California, and Delaware were annexed by the Inca. While former Ottoman, then Mongol land was laid barren by the destruction of Bursa. Those few Turks who were able to escape the massacre were given shelter in America. American borders were expanded east to include the new refugees. The new land in the southeast became Nevada.

With the admittance of these additional 9 states, America was now up to 43 states. The new flag:

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                  Bow before me mortal!
                  Well, since one is never sure, and you don't want to take a chance at pi$$ing off the big guy ......

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Dirk Ginkel leader of the Dutch hereby welcomes America's conciliation and diplomacy.

Nations of the world, let me enhance the excellent American recount of history as it pertains to Holland.

Ever since the dawn of time Mongolia has despised Holland and most other nations. Holland they saw in particular as an economic and military threat despite no evidence of actual threat other than the world rankings. And with the world rankings Holland was usually number 2 but often neck and neck with the Inca.

The First Great War (dates tba)

Holland established an early friendship with France but when France was threatened by Mongolia, France betrayed us and allowed Mongolian troops through its territory to attack Holland. This was The First Great War in the era of Axe, Catapult and Horse. Holland defended herself completely and soon the Mongolian forces fled for home and peace was signed. No aggressive acts by Holland at all. Pure defence.

To this day France bows to Mongolia by allowing units in its cities to threaten Holland. Maps to follow.

In those ancient times the equal top nation of the Inca was threatened by Mongolia but through a combination of poor defences and excellent diplomacy by the Inca, a diplomatic agreement was reached and Mongol and Inca bloodlines were mingled..

After this First War no reparations were paid nor asked for. The world said very little in Holland's defence.

Great Era of Cold War

Subsequently, Mongolia never softened her attitude towards Holland nor did she make any friendly gestures of trade or cooperation of any kind. All Mongolia did in this period was to continually sabotage Holland's improvements with spies. This happened for eons until most attempts failed because of Dutch counter-espionage measures. Not once did Holland sabotage any Mongol improvements - EVER.

Eventually and predicably the Mongols launched The Second Great War (dates....)

A three pronged attack was launched against Holland. One stack of units went for De Hague; another for Utrecht and the third was a swift seaborne invasion of the Dutch island city of Delft. The latter succeeded. Again France had not alerted Holland to the danger and of course they were fully aware of the movement of Mongol ships.

In fact confirmed intelligence from several other nations proves that France and Mongolia had drawn up plans and maps showing how all of mainland Holland including our capital would be divided up as spoils of war. Other nations received these maps I believe and Dirk Ginkel would be eternally grateful if such maps were published here.

The attacks on De Hague and Utrecht utterly failed and the Inca ceded a huge stack of Cannon to Mongolia when it looked like Mongolia had lost.

But just as the Mongol troops started to retreat the Mongol leader fell asleep.
                    (OOC: the player missed the entire next session of play and Vile played the first 2 turns** then it went to AI.
                    Because of this and the cries for peace and the poor form to wage a retaliatory war on a Mongol AI, Holland accepted peace but this was at a great disadvantage as in the very next period many of the retreating troops could have been killed off. So Mongolia saved these damaged troops who returned home and the session of AI would have made for major upgrading/promotions advantages)

As peace was signed the Mongols ceded**back the cannon stack and the Inca declared it a major mistake and apologised to Holland. Warmer and more cooperative relations ensued with the Inca.

During the subsequent peace a Cold War continued with Mongolia and Holland maintained a very high espionage rating against Mongolia to thwart sabotage attempts and make visible troop movements in Mongol territory.

There were few outcries for the Mongols to hand Delft back to the Dutch and Mongolia continuously filled Delft with massive troop numbers whilst Holland made plans to take back Delft and inflict punishment on Mongolia.

Yes, Holland had been driven to the point, after 7797 years, to start a war against Mongolia; although Dirk Ginkel would see this as a continuation of the wars Mongolia had started but were let off the hook.

The Third Great War

Holland launched a two pronged attack. On land the city of Turfan quickly fell to Dutch tanks.

A renagade commander of a unit of Dutch tanks took it upon himself to seize Bursa as he thought it was part of the terms of engagement. Bursa was being used as a base for major retaliatory responses. Dirk Ginkel is furious about this action and the commander is on trial in De Hague for war crimes. This is sacrelage to the Dutch who are mortally ashamed and keen to pay reparations for this.

Soon after the city of Delft fell back into Dutch hands but at a great cost. This was a size 20m odd city reduced to population of 3m because of the huge number of Mongol troops there. Counter reparations are in order here. This city should have been handed back long ago but a combination of the Rip Van Winkle effect and the arrogance of Mongolia and the quiet acceptance by the rest of the world failed to see justice done. If it had been returned, then the Third War would not have been necessary.

America attempted to stop the worsening war and attacked Dutch shipping and blockaded Dutch ports. America had an altruistic aim of pressing for diplomacy through force and Holland understands this.

However, Mongolia wants to pursue a one nation on one nation war game throughout eternity without the rest of the world interferring and told America to stay out of the war. Well Mongolia, it is an inter-related world where all nations effect each other and diplomacy is the preferred avenue for dispute resolution.

* So, on the table from Holland we had an offer of 2000 gold for the loss of Bursa. When you consisder the massive population loss in Delft, Dirk Ginkel believes this to be most generous.

* Turfan can not be turned over to Mongolia but to another nation is possible. Dirk would be comfortable with America or Inca taking Turfan but not France. And, in addition the controller of Turfan can free of charge supply any loss of resources that Mongolia may need for happiness (gold and spice).

* Dirk can consider other gestures towards America for no further attacks from them, including the Corporation assistance they may need from Holland with resources trades.

* Peace would bring security to France and Open Borders with Holland could be maintained - assuring France that they have continued easy access to their foreigh settlements.

Further thoughts may follow but Dirk is keen to submit this manuscript for world preliminary consideration.
                    Last edited by Diplo Holland; November 18, 2008, 02:33.
                    Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
                    [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• Do'kar's speach to the Tribesmoot Parliament.

My fellow riders and representatives. We the Socialist Confederacy of Mongol has experienced much these late years. For countless days now the world has stood still, holding its breath. The sneak attack upon Turfan, the destruction of Bursa! The annhiliation of the population in Delft, Dutch and Mongol. These things have made the Ottoman war pale in comparison. For in that war, millions died, soldiers. They took weapon and fought. What we have seen here is something new. Something alien to our nature and to this world. A war where the lives of children are cast in fire. A war that diminishes the very soul of humanity. A war that we cannot bear to endure and still retain joy in life.

Mongolia has never, nor will ever, shy from war or pain. The Khan has vowed that we will all fight until Turfan is returned in our hands and Bursa and the people of Delft are avenged with the deaths of whole Dutch cities. Yet I come to you today, with a broken heart. For though that would be justice, I desire it not. Not if we must become monsters to attain it.

History lessons. The Americans and the Dutch are obsessed with it. The past, events and people long since passed. The Mongol lives in the now. Our eyes locked on the present, towards the future. Holland speaks of past transgressions. Bands of raiders desiring the gold of the north. Repelled. Invasions, hostilites. Yet the Mongol never attacked without warning. Our warbands sounded the charge, and our leaders warned of our coming, and we ALWAYS fought with HONOR. Yet the past is irrelevant here.

A new day is rising. We have begun a campaign of terror against Holland, resembling what they have committed against us. We have, and are at this very moment, bombed towns, villages, workshops and mines. The unarmed lie dead by the thousands. Some have spoken here that for every one of us killed, 10, or a hundred or a thousand Dutch shall perish.

This war is not the war of glory where courage and strength prevailed. Where honor was shown. To win this war, we must commit atrocities like those committed against us. We must destroy not armies, but people. We must become murderers of children.

This is not the Mongol way. This is not who we are.
                      Through an American diplomatic delegation an offer has been made to Holland. That they return Turfan, withdraw their armies, and peace terms be discussed. They have accepted. All that is needed to end this terror is the approval of this convention of representatives. When you cast your votes, consider what you desire. Weakness is not the Mongol way, but choosing peace now is strength, for every part of us thirsts for blood, and should we give in, then we will have become endless death, destroyers of worlds. We would fulfill the ancient prophecies. The end of the eastern lands as we know them is too high a price to pay for justice.
                      e-mail: diplo_mongolia [at] plomp.eu
                      msn: diplo_mongolia [at] hotmail.com

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• ( the representatives discuss the matter )

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• Peace was discussed and a proposal drafted but yet to be fully agreed.

Several details need to be ironed out.

It is for Dirk Ginkel to announce that we agree to peace, not Do'kar. He can say what he agrees to and what he mentions here is NOT complete.
                          [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• OOC: in a hurry but a quick summary of Holland's understanding of the agreement WITH ADDITIONAL HARD FIGURES:

Turfan returned to Mongolia and DEMILITARISED - SUGGEST ONLY FILLED WITH MAX SIX DEFENSIVE UNITS.

Holland never again to attack Turfan and all troops returned to base.

America or Mongolia to secure a permanent source of Aluminuim (Aluminum) for Holland

Culture in De Hague to be kept under control to allow Turfan to expand.

A tech be paid to Holland.

Mongolia to never again use French cities as bases for Mongolian aircraft.

Does that cover it?

[Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• Originally posted by Diplo Mongolia
                              ( the representatives discuss the matter )
                              and things shall be revealed in time. and only a cease fire is being discussed in the parliament, peace delegations will hammer out the details and they will be officially announced later.

Comment

• i can't remember any tech trade agreement....

Comment

Working...
                                X