No announcement yet.

Diplogame HOTW XII Ragnarok - Story Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To make it easier for the Inca to govern their foreign politics it was decided that something called relation index be created. This information tool will help the Inca trace their relations development with all nations on Terra. Data was gathered which reflected closely Inca’s perception of other civilizations on Terra. It was decided that the relation index be made public in order to allow others nations ambassadors to follow Inca’s attitude towards their countries.

A complimentary table was build which summarized the above relations data

Comment

• edit
      Last edited by deity; February 29, 2008, 18:26.
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• To: All fair-minded nations of Terra.

It cannot have escaped the world's notice that tensions are running high between my Empire & the Americans. Let me assure you that this is not a crisis of our making. The new leadership of the Americans chose to use a mistranslation as an excuse to seize our sacred land in the Desert of Illusions. The holiness of this land would be well known to any who have followed our story.

It is also a violation of a long-held agreement between our two nations to not violate the Endless mountains.

As the Americans had already violated our territorial agreements, I merely chose to do the same thing. Now, our people have no desire for war, but we will defend ourselves if need be. We would prefer an amicable solution to the crisis, however-to which end we are prepared to swap our city for the city they built on our side of the mountain.

For the sake of peace & fairness, I ask all the nations of Terra to place pressure on America to accept this perfectly reasonable offer. Failing that, I hope that the nations of Terra will do the right thing in helping the Mali, militarily, to regain their sacred land. Otherwise, many innocent lives on both sides will be lost.

Yours,
        King Sosso.

Comment

• To Mali & America

We have been following this crisis very closely, after all both parties are situated in close proximity to the Inca civilization. We do agree with the Mali that there was an understanding with America to not expand over the endless mountains. And now the Americans have broken that promise. We think what Mali offer is a fair one, exchanging ownership of both cities will reassure a fair resolution to the current hostilities. Continuing aggression will only push the Inca to pick a side. Currently we stand neutral!

Inca

Comment

• TO: All nations of terra.

France does not look kindly upon violation of past treaties, but not wishing to meddle in the affairs of others for the time being, we remain neutral. We have yet to hear from the Americans, and no proposal has yet been made by their side. Any such activity would be most welcomed.
            'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

• An Open Letter to All Nations:

America experienced a change over of leadership, and unfortunately good records were not kept of past treaties and arrangements. Our new leadership were caught unaware of much of the world situation. Previous arrangements regarding technology trading, border agreements and the like were a mystery to us.

To correct this lack of knowledge we asked our neighbors for help in remembering previous treaties. The Carpathians were most helpful in relaying this information. So too, we thought, were the Mali who informed us that we had no border treaty.

Acting based on that information alone we decided to settle the city of Atlanta. We did not consider this a provocative act as Atlanta was right next to our current city of Philadelphia and we had secured the blessings of the Mali, our neighbors.

Had they informed us of this treaty at the appropriate time we would not have settled there. However we refuse to uproot thousands of American pioneers who have endured many years of life in the desert and built a thriving, successful community in Atlanta. To banish them to live under a foreign empire to correct an error that empire made in the first place is not something this government is prepared to accept.

As for the Mali city on the coast, we were absolutely clear that the city was not welcome and we were clear what the consequences would be if it were settled. Unlike the Mali we did not give our consent for that city to be settled, we made it absolutely clear that city was not welcome. It was clear to us that city was constructed purely as an act of provocation and to serve as a bargaining chip to correct their own blunder regarding our border treaty.

America has no interest in playing such games.

We warned them war would come, they ignored our warning and settled anyway. So war has come. The Mali offer of "swapping cities" is an insulting offer. Our army camps outside their offending city as we speak. I have to merely send word and that city will be ours within the day. If we realized how untrustworthy the Mali were we would have destroyed the settler en route (and were fully capable of doing so) but we wanted to give them an opportunity to turn away. Instead they bargain with the lives of their citizens in a transparent negotiating maneuver. America will not stand for such nonsense.

In summary:

1. America sought out information about our border agreement in good faith and were told we had none.

2. America questions how holy this patch of desert truly is for the Mali if it was left fallow and unoccupied for all of human history.

3. America is the most backwards, poorest nation on Terra. Our people desire a better life for themselves and are aghast that the most powerful and advanced nations on Terra seek to deny us such an opportunity. Are we not human? Do we not deserve a good life? ***** us, do we not bleed?

4. We were absolutely clear that the Mali city on our coast was not welcome and that war would be the result if it were settled. They ignore our clear warning and now play the victim. It is absolutely dishonest on their part.

5. They took such a provocative step without taking any appropriate precautions to defend themselves. When the one-legged boy pulls the lions tail it should be no surprise when he gets bit.

6. This is a situation entirely created by the Mali, both their misinformation and their intentional provocation. They made their bed and should be prepared to lay in it. It is not the concern of international powers.

-Signed American Leader

[OOC: Damn it, America, where are you? You were supposed to handle the posting this week?]

[OOC2: Hahah, pr1ck is censored. I can't even quote Shakespeare!! Hah]
              Last edited by OzzyKP; March 1, 2008, 19:56.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• To both warring parties.

We weren’t aware of the fact that Mali’s new settlement was settled so aggressively deep into America territories, this is alarming indeed. Instead of politically finding a solution they took upon themselves to counter act so blindly. Learning that they even lack any proper defense tells us how foolish that was indeed. This is becoming a complex issue and the Inca will observe for the time being only.

Comment

• Hath not a American eyes? Hath not an American hands,
                  organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
                  food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
                  and summer, as a Mali is? If you pr1ck us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?
                  And if you wrong us, do we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.

“A compelling argument High Lord, shall we tell the queen of it?”

“No, need to rush the matter Bruno, the situation seems not quite as black and white as we have been lead to believe. Has there been no further response to our letters to America?”

“None.”

“Then we shall tell the queen that both the Mali and Americans bleed. We shall help her sort out the grays.”

“What of that other matter lord, the other foreign letters have produced very intriguing responses very much beyond our expectations. Especialy …”

“Ozzy help us man, hold your tongue!”

Only whispers can be heard, Victor the spymaster was not pleased.
                  Last edited by Diplo France; March 1, 2008, 16:59.

Comment

• TO: All nations of terra.

We are now lifting export restrictions on silk.

Any who desire it, read this carefully! The first source of silk will be operational soon; one additional ones will be secured. There is not enough silk to go around.Only the luckiest civ shall receive it. All bids are to be sent privately in the form of a PM or as part of a longer letter to our Plomp Eu embassy. If you are late in reading this you can send your bid directly to our queen during game chat, but be warned any late offer will need be more enticing than ones sent early.

If the CM does not respond, reiterate your offer to the Queen in game chat.
                    Last edited by Diplo France; March 1, 2008, 17:29.

Comment

• are people remembering to vote?
                      Last edited by LzPrst; March 1, 2008, 18:04.
                      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Some good stories in HOTW12.

I haven't voted for some time, I'm just wondering why don't we send mails to all the players anon accounts reminding them to vote?
                        Last edited by Heraclitus; March 1, 2008, 18:10.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• I seem to have forgotten to vote a few times. voting now for last session. I guess I lose the right to vote on session 2 and 3 then? I'm voting on session 4 before finishing this post. promise

The Mongolian Confederacy.

Welcome back to our lecture. Again time is short so I'll have to be brief. You have all read Harrod's text concerning the Mongol representative rule, but I'll go enter into a bit more detail where possible. From neighbouring and other sources we know that the Mongols at a very early time developed an advanced Representative system of government. Each 'Family', that is anyone within three steps of direct lineage, ie, grandfather, sons, son of sons, were counted as a Family, had one representative at the 'Clansgathering'. Here the family Heads would elect a number of Clansmen representatives consisting of the family Heads, the number from each clan depended on the population of said Clan. A Clan was basically, any Family who lived within a specific Trading Centre. To simplify, anyone who lived within the "city limit" was member of the same Clan. The Clansmen then travelled to Runan'Gee once a year, and additional times when special events warranted it. The Dutch-Mongolian conflict that ensued in the period was one such warranting case.

The most prominent architect of this system was the former Incan prince, known as Viktorgrip, or in Mongolia as Vehekorai. He became the progenitor and primogen of the Grand Council, known as the Tribesmoot. The meeting of Tribes. These meetings were often extremely long-winded, each Clansmember had a right to speak, and most used it. Some only to proclaim poetry or sing songs. Often these had a political nature, satirizing over recent events or other clansmembers. Occasionally fights would break out,
                          A Tribesmoot was conducted by a group of men on horseback in a great circle, where a spear indicated the speaker. Viktorgrip the former Inca prince would be the Keeper of the Spear and such always choose who spoke first. When a Clansman was given the Spear he would then ride within the circle, speaking his say. When he was finished he would hand the Spear to the Clansman of his choice. Each Clansman was entitled to speak only once, so great value in rhetoric was held. Once all had spoken, the Primogen, originally Viktorgrip, would list the issues that required decisions and votes. Depending on approval of speakers' words, the riders would fire red or blue arrows onto the ground in the circle. If the majority of arrows was blue, the suggestion would have favor, if red, it would be rejected. Later on when arrows went out of fashion flags were used. Most dealings of the Tribesmoot was to deal with internal events, but occasionally occurences of such magnitude transpired that they required the attention of the entire council.

The Mongol-Dutch conflict was one issue that began as a minor matter and then grew to encompass most of the tribes. According to our sources, it began as a desire from Mongol Confucianists to be allowed to visit the Holy City of The Hague. Mongol pilgrims were rebuffed at the border, and the people of Turfan - or Desert Hill, were much aggreviated. They brought the issue to the Tribesmoot, but found little sympathy with other Clansmen, since the distances involved were too great for most Mongols to ever be able to travel that far. But when the matter was discussed, other issues arose. The Dutch Princess, Juliana was supposed to travel to Beshbalik or Turfan to be given knowledge of Mongol ways, but apparently chose to prioritize other errands in France. Then Clansmen from Mongolia Franca spoke of French nobles telling him of the Dutch Princess speaking in harsh tones of the Mongol people, describing them as "primitive", "savage", "frightening" and "uncouth". The Mongols were greatly angered by these insults. They had previously requested that the Princess come to Mongolia to help the nations come closer. They had even spoken of it as a requisite for avoiding further tension between the lands that erupted due to a diplomatic blunder by the ancient era diplomat Verkerk. The Mongols had demanded his head on a platter for his grievous incompetence and insults in correspondence with them. Holland had not replied. The Mongols required the presence of Princess Juliana to smooth over the troubles. She ignored their request. Mongolia then learned that Carpathia, who was not even a Confucianist nation had free access to visit the Hague when they did not. The Clansmen at the Tribesmoot of grew evermore angered, and eventually decided that the Dutch pay reparations or face reprisals.

According to certain sources the demands were a concession of gold, per turn of the seasons, equal in number, to the cities of Mongolia who held Confucianism as its faith. In addition, a member of Noble blood would take residence in Mongolia, and finally, the head of Verkerk, or one of his sons would be handed over as a concession for his insults. A staggering demand. Our next lecture will go into the results and the consequences of this.
                          Last edited by Diplo Mongolia; March 1, 2008, 19:18.
                          e-mail: diplo_mongolia [at] plomp.eu
                          msn: diplo_mongolia [at] hotmail.com

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• Originally posted by LzPrst
                            are people remembering to vote?
                            Completely forgot about it!

Sorry.
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I voted!

(only cause I wasn't sure if America was around and voting, if America votes, then cancel out my votes and count his instead)

(I think CS should, like a day or two before each session post one of his delightful nagging lists of who has and hasn't voted)
                              Last edited by OzzyKP; March 1, 2008, 19:55.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• The Mali are deeply concerned by Ozzy's unintended breach of player anonymity, & suggests that he might wish to edit his post in order to protect the identity of the Civ for whom he subbed last week.

King Sosso I.

Comment

Working...
                                X